Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyGunner

Well I just went to the Halo costuming wiki page to try and download some reference shots, and find that somebody deleted everything on every page and replaced it with random text comments. On the Home Page it says "hi gys" And on the Pep Index Page it says "Hi guys I like halo how bout you"

I'm heading to the local hardware store to grab a couple of blunt instruments. Anybody wanna join me? :angry I don't want to get worked up over nothing, but is the information on the site recoverable? I'm not sure if we have any kind of archive or anything. How can we get back all of the info he probably deleted?

I'm pretty upset. :(

EDIT #3: Well for my third edit I'd say this is getting out of hand. Ssnow from the "silverbuffs" needs to gtfo. Or adam shalt get medieval on all their posteriors.

WTF! Ohhhhh THIS sucks! There was a lot of hard work in that, I'm going to be sooo pissed if this isn't fixable.

Must...Now...Kill......

Do...Not...Go...for...Battle...Rifle......

Seriously though, what @ss ho!3 would do something like that! Many people put their time, and all of their effort to make the wiki what it is, and some jerk has to come along, and delete EVERYTHING that is good! I swear, if I find the 2 year old fruit cup who did this, im going to...well...im not going to continue.

Thats just a warning to whatever idiot did that, and also, learn to spell kid (Not the topic starter, the person who did the wiki hacking).

And my final message:

!!111!one!!11!!1!11one!!11one!11one!11!!2

/spazz attack.

Well it looks like I downloaded most if not all of the files it seems before this happened or at least all of the Mk-VI ROBOGENESIS Non-HD files so if you guys need them I can send them your way, but it sucks to hear what happened there I got a strange feeling I know who did this but I won't say who.

The person behind the attack on the Halo Wiki is snnow belongs to Silverbuffs from WoW on whisperingwind

and she did it because her friends from the CCE we're being attacked from the 405th.com I don't know much behind all this but this is what I found out from a member of the CCE

What the hell? "Pay backs a B!@#$"

Yeah... Hmmm, I don't know anyone that really comes to mind except maybe vac forming Adam AR copiers or.. Vrogy? I doubt he did it though, he seemed really for the everyone should have pep files sorta thing..

Nonetheless this is bad, whatta A-hole...

umm...guys, I clicked one the first link and my computer started going nuts, says I have multiple worms and crap. Better check!

I already sent a pm to Deadguy. I'm not sure about being hacked since it's open to anyone. It's more like simply wiping off the content.

$#!T, I found a solution and messed it up. It could be that it's just limiting my edits since I tried to fix the page without an account.

Someone else, try click 'History' and click 'Undo' next to the June 29 entry. It might work, we can only hope.

Edit:

No no no, it's not a virus. I tried switching the page back to an earlier version (ie the old main page). It worked, sort of. This is an earlier page, but it's still one of the edits after the main page got deleted.

Long story short, the main page still exists, I just can't switch it back.

hey guys if it is an actual hack it is a federal crime, so yeah report it or it may be someone who just used the wiki part to change it EDIT so just the wikia part can we ip ban people on that

I'm not sure about being hacked since it's open to anyone.

You're right Ral, my wording was not entirely accurate. Edited is a better one.

Ok, looks like the Pep file index is back to normal, and the main page as well. Thank you so much for whoever fixed it.

EDIT: I take back what I just said. The main page got edited again. It now says "We are F****** F***"

I think we need to get somebody on this as soon as we can.

" .....This is the silverbuffs

Leave the CCE ALONE"

I don't think it's fixed. or am I wrong?

I believe we have a name to send to the feds :)

HeavyGunner said:
You're right Ral, my wording was not entirely accurate. Edited is a better one.

Ok, looks like the Pep file index is back to normal, and the main page as well. Thank you so much for whoever fixed it.

It might be a good idea to lock this thread mods. I don't want a flame war to sprout up.

Actually it's been shut down again. Don't shoot the messenger but all I can say is the person doing this is called Snnow from Silverbluffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendude said:
The person behind the attack on the Halo Wiki is snnow belongs to Silverbuffs from WoW on whisperingwind

and she did it because her friends from the CCE we're being attacked from the 405th.com I don't know much behind all this but this is what I found out from a member of the CCE

Nintendude said:
Actually it's been shut down again. Don't shoot the messenger but all I can say is the person doing this is called Snnow from Silverbluffs.

Without shooting the messenger, perhaps the "messenger" could share with the group how said messenger came across this little tidbit of information and more specifics about the supposed perpetrator (who I can only assume is an 11 year old mouth-breathing script-kiddie wanna-be)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back