Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DogWizard said:
Without shooting the messenger, perhaps the "messenger" could share with the group how said messenger came across this little tidbit of information and more specifics about the supposed perpetrator (who I can only assume is an 11 year old mouth-breathing script-kiddie wanna-be)?

If you want to know the specifics of this I was contacted by a member of the CCE about a week ago after I sent them some of my pep files that they wanted and one of the CCE people added me to thier YIM. This evening the same person contacted me telling me to look at the Pep Index for some reason and then told me to go ahead and post what I have posted above to you guys mainly they are trying to get the attention of Itica, Adam or Walter is what I am being told by the person, if you want to contact the person I have been told that you can find her in WoW in Orgimar whatever the heck that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't we just have like, a group of people run the wiki, and only they can add files and if you want your file on then you send it to them? It would prevent stuff like this from happening...

Well, no good deed goes unpunished...

I always thought that an offsite wiki was a bad idea, now I know for sure. This is not the first issue with the wiki, nor will it be the last. Why in the world can't we host these files (the vast majority of which were created by 405th members anyway) at the 405th? Heck, put an IP tagged password on the files and restrict access to members only. We've seen enough "borrowed" files reposted without credit or permission. Restricting access won't stop it completely but it may make it a little less like stealing candy from a baby...

Pretend just for a minute that I'm an out-of-touch grown up who wouldn't play WoW if someone paid me - what's the "CCE"? Google gives me a zillion hits, none of which seem correct in context.

And "Silverbuffs" sounds like an adult toy of some kind...

Nintendude said:
they are trying to get the attention of Itica, Adam or Walter is what I am being told by the person

Is she naming a specific reason as to why they're doing this, or trying to get their attentions? Because otherwise this is nonsense.

And I also vote for a 405th-hosted pep index. Wiki could remain active, but we need a backup, for sure.

DogWizard: Lol, Silverbuffs..

Agreed, seriously what is the point of doing all of that crap. If anything it's just going to make us angry.

Yeah, I get coca cola entertainment and other really off-topic stuff. Could you elaborate, and link us to your source?

These guys must think their really tough. " We are the SilverBuffs".... I played WoW, and if you take your group that seriously...well....your probably on a Role Playing server :p

I've been here a while, and I have seen many confrontations. These people are up for a good argument... you know, where they dont even get to see what the other person looks like, so they can be as tough as they want. :D

YES! we do need an in-house back up... I just tried to access the wiki. and my virus alert shut down my window, and noted a VERY nasty Trojan imbedded in the access file. This is most deffinately a cyber-crime...

All I can picture is Cartman in the basement... "Bathroom...BATHROOM"! "We've really got 'em on the run now - SILVERBUFFS...HOOAAHH!!!" :lol

Pull the files off, host them locally and let them "win" - it will probably be the most exciting thing that has ever happened in their pathetic, dreary, petty little lives. Losers like this are only as brave as their keyboards let them be...

Find were these people live and have adam and ithica smash 'em with grav hammers :p and as for the trojan.. it shut down my other computer... these are no more than e-bullies

iliketacos95 said:
Why can't we just have like, a group of people run the wiki, and only they can add files and if you want your file on then you send it to them? It would prevent stuff like this from happening...

Then it's no longer a wiki page, isn't it?

Anyway, I've been doing some clean up as far as formatting. It's a slow process but let me know how it looks now. The images in the CQB section are still screwed, however. :unsure

Drakku said:
Is she naming a specific reason as to why they're doing this, or trying to get their attentions? Because otherwise this is nonsense.

And I also vote for a 405th-hosted pep index. Wiki could remain active, but we need a backup, for sure.

@DogWizard: Lol, Silverbuffs..

The reasons she is attacking the 405th Wiki site is this, and I really hate being the in between person on this, but anyway this is something to do between Adam and the CCE and Snnow I have no idea whats going on I'm just stuck in the middle of posting this crap for them.

1) Leave the CCE alone

2) Appologize to the CCE's council that means all 5 officers u cussed out and treated like $#!T, that means Adam, Itica, Walter saying sorry for treating our two guilds like $#!T

3) The CCE takes no responcibility for what snnow has done we merely told her what she's doing to us and she took matters in to her own hands

4) She wants to PDO warthog file to be send to Regretfulflyer@yahoo.com

on all of these, if not the attacks on the 405th.com will increase and virus will happenand last but not least she wants a peace agreement signed by all 3 guilds ,405th.com, the cce and silverbuffs

This is from lonewolf: she said she'll deal with them on World of Warcraft

lonewolf: she dosn't want any vulgar language to be spoken

lonewolf: it's neutral ground

lonewolf: and if any threats are spoken WoW legal team gets invovled

It's not a matter of an on-site wiki, the whole purpose of a wiki is to share information and make it editable by anyone. What you mean to say is we should have an on-site pepakura download section, which has been in testing behind the scenes for a while at the 405th Source, we don't get paid or receive compensation for our work so our jobs and other real life matters come first. The downfall is of course not having access to the great pepakura files that exist outside the 405th such as the Halo 3 marine by Vrogy and many other files that may be added later on. It takes a great and active moderation team to maintain, improve, and keep secure a wiki. Changing where it is hosted will do nothing to solve that.

Cheers,

Kensai

Nintendude said:
If you want to know the specifics of this I was contacted by a member of the CCE about a week ago after I sent them some of my pep files that they wanted and one of the CCE people added me to thier YIM. This evening the same person contacted me telling me to look at the Pep Index for some reason and then told me to go ahead and post what I have posted above to you guys mainly they are trying to get the attention of Itica, Adam or Walter is what I am being told by the person, if you want to contact the person I have been told that you can find her in WoW in Orgimar whatever the heck that is.

This is all just some trick by Blizzard to get me to reactivate my WoW account.

Seriously though, we're catching flak from some WoW feud?

Oh well, whatever. I have work and stuff to get back to, but this is just silly.

Really, WoW? Does Blizzard want me to reactivate my account just to go try and get people to grief one player on a server I'd need to pay $25 to transfer to? Well that plan's not going to work! I found something else to waste my time and money on! And unlike in WoW, my armor won't be outdated with every expansion...

Oh yeah, I doubt anyone cares, but Whisperwind is a normal (care-bear) server, There is one guild called "Silverbuff" that looks like it's a leveling guild, not even an actual end-game guild, and there's one guy named "Snnow" on whisperwind, but he's a lvl 37 tauren hunter in a guild called Privateers.

If you don't speak WoW, that probably made not sense. Oh how ashamed I am of some points of my life...

We have a WoW guild?

WoW legal team? BLIZZARD CARES NOT FOR YOUR PETTY PEPAKURA DISPUTE, THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONIES.

Unless you're pepping a lich king helm or molding frostmourne.

Frankly I think that the person behind the attacks is a idiot, also I don't think that the Feds can really do anything on this matter since it was being first done through a phone and second its a person in Hong Kong doing the damage.

This reminds me of the Johnny Bravo episode where he fights with the french guy.

"En garde!"

"... You're threatening me with bread."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back