Someones Hosting Everyones Pep Files On Their Own Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this site just now. Went to the wiki for a second and right up top is a link to a grunt armor pep file and underneath it is a link to this guys website that he seems to have hosted just about every pep file he could find on and also taken credit for them.

http://spartand1994.webs.com/ironmanpepakura.htm

this includes things that havent even been allowed to be posted on the wiki. He goes by the name of sev1995. Just thought id bring this to your guys attention. If i made files id want at least credit for them.

angry_cabbage said:
I found this site just now. Went to the wiki for a second and right up top is a link to a grunt armor pep file and underneath it is a link to this guys website that he seems to have hosted just about every pep file he could find on and also taken credit for them.

http://spartand1994.webs.com/ironmanpepakura.htm

this includes things that havent even been allowed to be posted on the wiki. He goes by the name of sev1995. Just thought id bring this to your guys attention. If i made files id want at least credit for them.

Wow, is there no originality left in the world?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven923 said:
Wow, is there no originality left in the world?

No, no there is not. And you want to know something ironic? He linked to his website right under the notification that rehosting other people files was not allowed

What a shame! It's stuff like this that makes people not want to upload their stuff to the wiki in the first place.

We could fix this easy. Lets just flood him with E-Mails about it. Eventually he will give credit, and take down all of the files.

Also, there is originality left in the world. Its called the 405th :D . Although there are many sights like this one, I believe this is the primary sight, and 99.9% of the people here do there own work, and take credit for there own work, while giving credit to the pep file creator/unfolder and so on. There is always that 0.01% of us that doesn't do that.

untitled.jpg

I'm not sure what this means, but when i played the video, it popped up.

That's a damn shame. :( Me, as well as many other members, put alot of effort into the Wiki, I hope he pays dearly for this.

no, this Heritic must be tortured and burned at the stake for his diregard and disgrace of our site, if we let this go, more will follow, we might not have anything left by then. we must draw the line.

all in favor?

Project003 said:
no, this Heritic must be tortured and burned at the stake for his diregard and disgrace of our site, if we let this go, more will follow, we might not have anything left by then. we must draw the line.

all in favor?

woah dude turn it down a little bit. He did a bad thing but no one got hurt.

Ruze789 said:
PMing a mod now. I'm fairly certain this is a member here and I think I did the math to see who.

Ruze FTW!

This guy/girl will be brought to justice for sure.

angry_cabbage said:
woah dude turn it down a little bit. He did a bad thing but no one got hurt.

i dont think he actually wants us to become and angry mob, i read it like he was trying to be a Prophet from the covenant or something, saying something like they would say in the game... you know the alien guys from that one game that we all like to make armor from?

anyhoot this is BS, some people.

The prop/costuming community is a very small world. Take solace in the knowledge that this sort of thing always comes back to bite the person in the ass. When you do something blatant such as lying or taking credit for others work and it can be obviously proven the info spreads like wildfire. This person will reap what they sow by virtue of having made very public thier low ethical standards and now the internet will serve as public proof of thier unscrupulous nature.

Oh my god what a douche, that is NOT okay. What is this world coming too where someone needs to post someone else's work on the internet claiming it's theirs. What do they have to gain from doing this?

Ive checked both web pages and here are my conclusions. first, they are most definately made by the same person. He has his gamertag linked at both of the sites. As far as i can tell they are both recent. I think the person who made the first one got a whiff of this topic and made the second site to try to avoid trouble.

the second guy seems like hes trying to spreed the word sort of, but the first guy is just a lazy person who thinks he deserves the credit,whats up with that

No they both have the gamertag spartan d1994 at the bottom of the webpages so unless the first guy made the first website then gave away the gamertag and then the second guy did the same thing with credit then they have to be the same people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back