South Uk Based Master Chief Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the chatter guys :)

Monday morning update!

Busy busy at work so this has to be quick, pictures say more than words anyway :) I will say its finally all ready for painting at the weekend... the finish isnt perfect and im not going to pretend it is. Just dont get too close :) The paint finish will hide a lot of woes. We just havent had the time, nor will to get it as perfect as it most certainly can be. Besides, its the overall effect people will see, hes battle damaged :)

24Oct1.jpg

24Oct1a.jpg

Thought wed keep score :)

24Oct2.jpg

Big update on the undersuit... my Mum was on the sewing machine all weekend. Shows what can be made when you get a pro in :) Just a teaser piccy :) Weve done a lot more of the undersuit, its looking really good! Oh and the single visor was just placed in for the picture, it fell out when I took the helmet off hehe.

24Oct3.jpg

24Oct3a.jpg

24Oct4.jpg

24Oct5.jpg

Hope you like!

I like, I like. Seeing everything laying there together makes someone really realize just how much work has been into this project. Job very well done sir, and madam!!

Job very well done sir, and madam!!
I read the comment fast and could have this said "...sir, and MADMAN"
Ha!
Wow Sevv. I can't believe the finish line is so close. I don't know you personally and you have shared your marriage proposal with us, but I imagine that there have been other events you've experienced during this labor of love. Isn't it weird that one of the few constants has been this monster build. What the heck are you gonna do with yourself when you're done?

I think it's cool that you sucked your mum into the madness that is armor building.

Thanks guys, its so great to finally start to see it come together. Seeing the helmet, under suit, gun all work... superb!

I think madman is a fair comment :) oh yes... got to drag the parents into this lol. It was my plan all along regarding the undersuit... Mum just didn't know it :)

Our plan was to showcase at the Expo, we realllyyyy wanted too! Infact we planned out timeline around it. Unfortunatly it's not going to happen :( we will be painting that weekend ready for the weekend after. I'll be at the Leicester Space Center with the rest of the UKG on Nov 6th... and at Memorabilia on the 22nd weekend.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to edit my posts, just hangs... anyway... I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself once this is done, get back to doing ZBrush sculpts i expect.

Oh, if only I could bring myself to hate you... but it's not hate, it's envy, so instead I'll just love you... and be envious...

Damn, and Im not gonna make the NSC this year. I was looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing it firsthand... Bah. Never mind.. Just give some of the Colonial Marines abuse for me..:)

Awesome work, as if you've not heard it enough..:)

A friend in the UKG made the pistol for me, my AR wont be ready in time for my first troop :( gutted! So i needed a weapon, he did an awesome job in a very short time.

The Detail in your suit is Amazing! , i just dont have the patients to do that.
Cant wait to see it all togeather.

Your armor is pure art, Sevv. Your lines are so. . . clean. You may criticize yourself for not getting all the little details but the whole thing's got a sense of rightness about it. AND it's the first I've seen that really captures the sheer scale of the man who wears the armor; it all looks just a little larger-than-life. Can't wait to see what you do with the undersuit.

Chiefs ready for this Saturday! Of course there's still the usual 100 or so tweaks needed after it's first troop :) but, well... looking forward to it.

Pics on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back