Spartan Iii Spi Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPARTAN110 said:
Don't forget the images on the first page, they're the best of the pics i've submitted

oh here re two more for the hell of it

i'm liking the bottom pic, if and when you get the helmet file finished i want in! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those 3d models look great, do you happen to have a TOA (time of arrival) for the finished products?

And, which might you be "peping" first, the arms, legs, helmet, chest, boots?

Which ever, GOOD LUCK ;)

hlomaster55 said:
Those 3d models look great, do you happen to have a TOA (time of arrival) for the finished products?

And, which might you be "peping" first, the arms, legs, helmet, chest, boots?

Which ever, GOOD LUCK ;)

TOA: 2 weeks or alittle more for me to be happy with the design and will release it

As for "peping" the helmet first and the rest i have know idea most likely ill work my way down ie head, torso/ arms, waist/legs/boots

EDIT: But ill need an unfolder for the helm because i never unfold my stuff that i make

Spartan 051 said:
Fun little teaser of what ive been up to:

spartan3model.jpg
YES!!!!!!! Finally the Holy Grail I see it and it is beautiful! Cant wait to see this one done!!

Spartan 051 said:
Amen to that doom there a few issues with mine that i cant get right with the pictures i got
I made some sketches based on the two Bungie artist images on helmet details. I am not much of a drawer but if you think it would help I could post them. Not trying to thread jack here just trying to help.

Spartan 051 said:
TOA: 2 weeks or alittle more for me to be happy with the design and will release it

As for "peping" the helmet first and the rest i have know idea most likely ill work my way down ie head, torso/ arms, waist/legs/boots

EDIT: But ill need an unfolder for the helm because i never unfold my stuff that i make
Cant wait to see this you rock!

Spartan 161 said:
YES!!!!!!! Finally the Holy Grail I see it and it is beautiful! Cant wait to see this one done!!
I made some sketches based on the two Bungie artist images on helmet details. I am not much of a drawer but if you think it would help I could post them. Not trying to thread jack here just trying to help.
Cant wait to see this you rock!

Told u id make an SPI thred! Lol Spartan 161 please post your drawings i would love to see them, that reminds me i have a few of mine im pretty proud of. Ill post mine soon aswell

Plus this armor will go well with your MA5K ;)

SPARTAN110 said:
Told u id make an SPI thred! Lol Spartan 161 please post your drawings i would love to see them, that reminds me i have a few of mine im pretty proud of. Ill post mine soon aswell

Plus this armor will go well with your MA5K ;)
lol yes you did and you have, seems your timing is perfect. Below is my drawings, like I said not much of an artist but after viewing the two bungie images I worked up these drawings along with my thoughts. I hope they help. Yup it will go very well with my MA5K!
S3sketch.jpg

Spartan 161 your correct about the lights and the vents that what ive been noticing but interesting work on the gloves

I hope making this armor would be easier then Spartan-II armor.
If its done i will start immediatly and ill be the first Spartan-III XD

Spartan 051 said:

Ok, Can you PM me when the first piece is done, I won't mind it if it has a lot of little pieces, because if it looks good, WHO

CARES! :p You may have to make the gauntlets split, and make the leg pieces like the MKVI HD boots.

Glennz said:
I hope making this armor would be easier then Spartan-II armor.
If its done i will start immediatly and ill be the first Spartan-III XD

haha i hightly doubt that ill be building it once im finished modeling it

hlomaster55 said:
Ok, Can you PM me when the first piece is done, I won't mind it if it has a lot of little pieces, because if it looks good, WHO

CARES! :p You may have to make the gauntlets split, and make the leg pieces like the MKVI HD boots.

yeah ill send you a pm about a test build for the helm before i release it

Does any remember the book description of the spi armor?

EDIT: but ill get back at the helm soon ive been swamped by a java project

Double kill postage! heres one anyway. just a front on shot of the helmet (translucent to show the head inside)

heres a just a crappy screen i took on halo 3, ghost of onyx stylely!

The vents and lights will be added in before its released i just took a updated picture of what ive gotten done

But thanks again spartan110 for posting about the SPI armor sorry for the hijack

Wow that is looking absolutely fantastic 051! I would love to get a link to that as soon as you're throught with it.

Oh and just a side note, from the looks of the updated shot, it's going to be very smooth. Would it be possible to make it even smoother? Like so much as to not have too much smoothing to do at all with bondo? I know I'd certainly want to be able to skip that step. But regardless the model looks amazing. ;)

Dont worry spartan 051, if you have outstanding work like that hijack away. And i dont know why ur thanking me, we should be thanking you for making this sexy model! Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back