SpartanM93 and SpartanBR0360's MG6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanM93

Hello 405th, long time no action. How's it been?
As you may know I have been away for a long time, but that doesn't mean I quit on you.
Starting today SpartanBR0360 and I will begin construction on a full scale MG6, using the slice put together by chevysrule. If all goes well, we will have a cardboard prototype done by tonight, and begin construction on the full scale wooden replica this weekend.

I will keep you all updated with pics a' plenty along the way, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Update. Having trouble with the order in which I arrange the slices. however everything is cut out and ready to stick together. I will be contacting chevysrule and other members who have used this method. Sorry about the lack of pictures thus far.

Our project took a bit of step back today, we started cutting out the wood slices and through a combination of human error, poor materials, and a general lack of planning decided to recalculate. First I cut out the slices on cardstock that I got from chevysrule, then used felt tip markers to trace them onto 1/4 inch Maple. It bled and it wasn't straight and we were using a jigsaw to cut the wood, so obviously we had numerous problems.
However, all is not lost. The Project Spartan members and I did some brainstorming and came up with using posterboard as a reliable alternative. We hope to finish tonight. Will keep posted.

Thanks Toacrabman.
by posterboard I mean foamcore, but you could use it for posters I suppose.
Anyways, here's the pics.

SpartanLooksGood on Logistics, what up 405th
167pki1.jpg

SpartanBr0360 and I cutting the foamcore.

1z4lg1i.jpg

iqv91c.jpg

Will be adding a layer of bondo soon, keep you updated with pix and whatnot

I'll be following this, since I plan on making a Pistol too once my armor is complete or as it nears completion. Which sliced file are you guys using? I have the All-in-one Pepakura armor pack, but I don't think it has a sliced Pistol in it.

Also, I hope you guys turn on some lights for future pics so we can see your progress better! :cool

Hey soz about the lighting Spitfire. SpartanBr0360 is here with me so we're gonna do some more work today. We only have a few more pieces to cut out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back