special Big Daddy costume idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmodder

Jr Member
Hello been thinking of making a Big Daddy costume for when infinite comes out (even though there is no Big Daddy's in it). I have already asked 2k if they have any better reference images of the specific one I want to do but they don't have any. They are however interested in seeing the finished costume. So what I was wondering is since I know we have some very talented artists here at the 405th if anyone might be able to come up with a back and side view of this guy so I can have more to work with.

IMAG0203.jpg

so i have nooo idea what that thing is supposed to be, but it is friggin sweet! I wont commit to anything till we are out of the field, but if you are still interested in the coming weeks i will give it a shot..

Well i do see alot of cool components. For one, theres a giant shark mouth on the front, and he has what looks to be pneumatic cannons on his shoulder, and some giant metal armor plates on a diving suit. The coolest part is probably the red lights.

thats from the artbook right? thats very awesome... that big daddy though actualy was never used in any of the games, it was just a model used before they decided to put in the rumbler in the second game. but i can help you out a bit. i cant give you any pictures but i do know for a fact that from loking at him about 100 times in the artbook, his back most likely has the tanks with the guns connected on to it (and it looks like its got some tubing connecting to his tank to supply oxygen to him inside the suit. honestly, just do pretty much what you think his back will look like because the back was never actualy decided for the suit so there isnt alot of pictures or description of him. the picture in the artbook is pretty much all ya got! anyway, i am also building a suit for the release of infinite, but im gonna be subject delta from the second game. ive got a thread on here about it, you should check it out because its got alot of tips that might actualy help you on building a big daddy costume. good luck mate!
edit: oh wait you wanted someone to come up with a back for you? oh man, i could do that for you easy! of course it wouldnt be the best drawing in the would but i could easily draw it out for you.

will need at least a side and back view everything else is gravy lol

ive already got the back almost complete for you. side view should be easy, and if i have timje i will throw some "extra" stuff in there.

heres my big daddy helmet of delta so far. almost done, needs the tanks, lights and tubes.
bioshockhelmet.jpg

Attachments

• bioshockhelmet.jpg
    bioshockhelmet.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 129
that is sweet! did you scratch build or pep?

a little bit of both. the pep file i used had no detail and hardly even had the shape i wanted so i used it, and when i printed it out i ust cut a bunch of it off and added no pieces, used about an inch thick of fiberglass and put it on paper towels to make it thick, then i used 1 coat of bondo, then wallfiller, added the details using foam and made the front part under the big porthole (the part with all of the bolts in it) look 3d using clay, foam, posterboard, and fiberglass. after that i put fake bolts in it, did the same thing i did with the front around the outside rim, used a few metal pieces on the outside rim, used the dremel to do details, more wall filler, fiberglass... and alot of other details that i dont feel like putting right now.... but i do want to give you a tip when you do start making this suit, the trick is not to make the big daddy look perfect. make lots and lots and lots of imperfections! dont sand it down all the way in some areas, make the portholes a little uneven, and just do lots of things to make it look imperfect and destroyed. also keep in mind that in bioshock each big daddy helmet is hand crafted, that means that the portholes would be a small bit uneven, and so would some of the other parts.

edit: just wanted to let you know that ive got your drawing finished... now all i have to do is scan it onto the computer and send it to you!

Here are some reference images I decided to help you with and look up on google. not the exact one i think you are going with, but its better than nothing

im sure this goes without saying but make sure that if you use anything of these to give the artists that re-created these credit :p

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Bioshock%20big%20daddy%20reference%20images/corvette01/bouncer.jpg
http://www.legodtdesign.com/Peparuka/!!PApercraft!!/Games%20and%20films/Bioshock/Big%20Daddy%20papercraft%20by%20Chamoo232.zip/Big%20Daddy%20papercraft%20by%20Chamoo232/reference%20pictures/3d%20model.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back