Spielberg To Produce Halo: Fall Of Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just think of all the props they will have after the movie! BR's & AR that shoot blanks (shaking with joy) those would be awesome to have, also don't forget all the costumes ...warthogs real working ones that they will have !!! Also this is what i imagine "camera pans in blast door opens Spartans behemoth humans glittering in mjlnor armor begin to march forward footsteps in unison echoing through the loading bay". I am almost loosing blatter control thinking about this stuff and what will go into making the movie.

one thing i want to see is heads EXPLODING from the UNSC sniper rifles if the bullets boil the water in the air they wouldn't do anything less .

Then they'll cast Nicholas Cage as John 117 lol.

If this gets made, I really hope it doesn't go that way. I really don't want to hear the whole "nobody cares about him, but he's the hero anyways" and how does someone accidentally save the universe? This isn't a comedy, he doesn't accidentally do anything. He's a respectful and trained soldier.

It really doesn't matter who wears the costume, just as long as chief keeps his helmet on, I'm fine with it. And yes there is a huge amount of backstory, if not an entire universe before the first halo game, but is that what is being focused on or is it the games? If it were the games, I wouldn't mind, if not enjoy, a mass blow the s### out of everything in sight type movie like transformers 2. However, if they plan to do it one millisecond before halo CE or after Halo 3, I want more story than blowing up.

It really seems that there is a lot of juggling happening to this movie and that is never a good sign and usually leads to oddly shaped movie plots and weird castings.

How about Shaqiel O Neal(spelling lol) to play as the cheif! He is seriously tall and can probably fill out a MK V and VI really well.

Or even the wrestler Batista! He huge!!

I hope the do use chief voice. It would be so muich better. I got dissapointed when they didn't use the cool optimus prime voice.

-Pony

xalener said:
Meh, he seems to be better with character interaction than action. I mean, his fights are distinctive, but there's just no rush.

i guess you haven't seen "300" or the "watchmen" he follows and stays faithful to the books

Last edited by a moderator:
ACDCrockr209 said:
How about Shaqiel O Neal(spelling lol) to play as the cheif! He is seriously tall and can probably fill out a MK V and VI really well.

Or even the wrestler Batista! He huge!!

I hope the do use chief voice. It would be so muich better. I got dissapointed when they didn't use the cool optimus prime voice.

-Pony

Batista would be good, but I actually think Batista would be MUCH better playing Marcus from Gears of War if they made a GoW movie! Batista almost looks like him! haha

As far as getting someone for the perfect height, the Great Khali from WWE would be a good size, but not too sure if he could pull the acting off. :\ Still, no matter who they get to play the part as MC, they need to get the guy that does the voice for MC in the game and have the guy in the suit NEVER speak! haha

ACDCrockr209 said:

-Pony

Are you talking about the new Transformers movie and Revenge of the Fallen? Because that was the original voice of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, doing his best to imitate how he did the voice in G1.

But I agree, the voice is the key part of the character. Without Steve Downes, it just wouldn't be the chief. However, you still have to have someone in the suit who is an experienced "suit actor." Someone with experience working under heavy prosthesis or make up, and is still able to express subtle emotions through little things in their body language.

Ron Perlman.

He's even got experience doing voice work for Halo. He could be Lord Hood, and do the suit acting for Chief :lol . I agree that Steve Downes doing MC's voice work is an absolute must.

the actor doesn't need to be the right height, think of lord of the rings, the guy who played frodo (completely forgot his name) is like 6 feet tall and through the whole movie he totally looked 3 feet tall.

i'm sooo glad that this is going back into pre production soon, hopefully...

personally i would be happy if they even just used the same amount of gore/violence that weta used in the landfall video's, i mean those were amazing! and if the guy who directed 300 directed this he would definitely follow true to the universe as well as make sure it's a good mature film.

in my opinion.

paradoxdj said:
personally i would be happy if they even just used the same amount of gore/violence that weta used in the landfall video's, i mean those were amazing! and if the guy who directed 300 directed this he would definitely follow true to the universe as well as make sure it's a good mature film.

Strangely enough, I agree. Just need to use better special effects as it is coming from hollywod after all.

link4044 said:
i guess you haven't seen "300" or the "watchmen" he follows and stays faithful to the books

Lol. Dude, I have seen and read 300 and watchmen. Zach snyder is good for a lot of things, but his fight scenes just....

They're just generic fights shot in nongeneric camera angles.

As for Ron perlman Suit acting......

There's a reason you haven't seen him shirtless in a movie since the 90s.

The thing that ticks me off is when they show previews for movies on channels like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon they act like the film is some family friendly laugh fest by only showing the parts that are comedic (or attempt to be). If they would do that with Halo, I will march into the theater, in my mark VI and be like "MASTER CHIEF DISAPPROVES OF THIS FILM!". Also how I heard that they were gonna make the chief a secondary character, which I believe would be the best option due to the difficulty in making a movie about his character. If they make him the main character and have some actor show his face....I would be so incredibly angry. I think they should do what they did with Darth Vader in the original Star Wars. Have someone wearing the armor and get the original voice from the games to do the voice over.

if the guy who directed 300 directed this he would definitely follow true to the universe as well as make sure it's a good mature film.

I don't know. I don't want slow motion fights scenes every time the fought. just look at south park and how they made fun of it.

-Pony

I did like the one guy's comment on Kotaku, and the follow up to it:

"Ah, the Halo film, much like matchmaking: searching for players and then restarting the search when someone drops out. "

"Then when you get in a game you are stuck with noobs that do a [crappy] job."

i just hope that this is final and that it will start getting made soon. they're making a gears of war movie and that is not as important as halo, without halo the xbox would not be as popular as it is today.

hopefully bungie will update us as it is them who created the franchise. fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back