Spielberg To Produce Halo: Fall Of Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's why I liked War of the Worlds:

Left things to imagination.

Action is "just over the hill"

Lightening is in reflection only.

Serious suspense action with the river scene.

Why I didn't like it.

Basement scene with Aliens was almost shot for shot, the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park

Deux Ex Machina ending.

Tim Robbins (sorry, his character was just annoying, not "crazy".

Catch Me if you Can: awesome

Terminal: I sure liked it.

and older:

Hook: one of the best movies ever made

Jurassic Park: one of the best thrillers ever made

We know about the rest, but I still like the man.

ACDCrockr209 said:
I just hope that they won't F-up the movie by putting actors that can't act to save their own lives!

I wan't to be able to see the emotion in their faces when they get hit by an invisible plasma bolt and marines crying for their fallen comrades.

Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan totally had that. I would hope that its has that same acting in the movie. I started to have tears run down my eyes at the end of SPR. That how good the acting was in my opinion.

-Pony

Bold-That is so true. Tom Hanks took that roll and totally powned it. He made the character human. Hes not a super hero that can't be stopped, hes a World War 2 solder who just wanted to get in there, do the job right, and get home to his wife.

As for Band Of Brothers, the acters in that who played Bill and Babe really sold the characters. They were based off of real people, and they made the Veterans them selfs believe it was them. If the casting department can get people like them, the movie is going to be one hell of a movie!

Last edited by a moderator:
The chance of them getting any actor who isn't already really well-known for a movie like this is probably close to nil. They've got the fact that it's the Halo franchise, now they just want to make it sell even more, so they'll stick some ******* in a suit into the movie (All of the sudden, Gerard Butler popped into my head - please god, no) and tell everyone who it is so they can be like "oh, but *insert name* is in it so it has to be good!"

As it is, to the guy who said it should be a cross between District 9 and GI Joe:

District 9, yes. Definitely. Blomkamp worked on that stuff, and you saw his Halo work or else you get banned from this site for being a heathen. :p(just kidding)

GI Joe? Idk if you've read Stig's rant (If you object to offensive words and massive hate, don't.), but he has it spot-on. I don't know why anyone ever followed a Beattie script for anything, the man is a retard. In GI Joe, he focused too much on putting in movie cliches, comedy, he even thought that ice sinks.

That, and the Delta-6 suit motions looked terrible. And those are obvious MJOLNIR knock-offs.

I'd much rather it be, say, a mix of SPR (for the quality acting), District 9 (because it's been proven that Blomkamp and WETA can do great and wondrous things), and if we can boot Beattie's script out and use, say, Alex Garland's original again, then we might have something there.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, you could use the goddamn book itself as a script and it'd be better. I've always wondered why nobody does that. You can take artistic liberties with how battles play out, add in scenes and stuff, but seriously, for movies like this where the script is based off a book... your script was written long ago.

To explain why you can't use a book as a script - look how much was cut from The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and they were still 3 hours long each.

Peter Cooper said:
To explain why you can't use a book as a script - look how much was cut from The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and they were still 3 hours long each.

Frankly (and this isn't directed against you), I don't give a $#!T, lol. If the movie's based off a really good book and is 5 hours long, I will consider that 5 hours well spent.

You can only cut so much out before you start making stuff up/losing the story.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Frankly (and this isn't directed against you), I don't give a $#!T, lol. If the movie's based off a really good book and is 5 hours long, I will consider that 5 hours well spent.

You can only cut so much out before you start making stuff up/losing the story.

I agree.

Good example: Spiderman 3. Visually it was great. Storyline wise, well, diabolical. There was way too much chopped from that movie. Not to mention the fact that they tried to hard to have 3 villians in the movie. All in the space of 3 hours.

They could always spit it into two movies. 2 1/2 maybe 3 hours each. But that would be considered milking it by most. So long as they don't screw it up, I wouldn't mind two movies, where one is just continues from the last.

Bloodl3tt3r said:

You can only cut so much out before you start making stuff up/losing the stor

I agree, but of course there are people who would have a ok-decent two hour movie, like "official" movie critics and movie theatre personel.

Shade said:
I agree, but of course there are people who would have a ok-decent two hour movie, like "official" movie critics and movie theatre personel.

And those people are the reason that movies nowadays all come from the same smoothcast (lol) mold.

Although I sympathize with the theater personnel. However, the critics and the people in Hollywood who decide what is popular, now they can go to hell.

well, Harry Potter is getting two movies for one book... why can't halo do that?

Fall of Reach/First Strike would be an amazing movie if kept true to the story.

im absolutely stoked on the movie news.

there is no reason whatsoever for me to start hating on it now. theres been no confirmed info, no screens, no plot, no previews, no anything. just rumors. as far as spielberg goes, hes made bad movies and hes made amazing movies. ive got nothing to sway me either way except for District 9. and that might not even have a real impact on the movie anymore.

even if its not that great, you know it will still get a sequel. its too much of a money maker. merchandising would go thru the roof. i mean, the james bond series kept going even with george lazenby coming in. and theres 23ish installments in that. batman survived thru batman forever and batman and robin to come out to be one of the highest grossing movies ever. whos to say that halo wont do the same thing?

EDIT: I liked Indy 4! finding aliens is no different than finding the holy grail and talking to a ghost!

Yes it is. Science fiction is NOT Indy's niche. Paranormal fantasy is.

Would you expect Frodo to suddenly find some ancient alien artifact and begin to start shelling it with plasma weapons?

Goosebot 5000 said:

I agree with most of your comment, except for the Indy comment, aliens to me was a big let down, and honestly I didn't like Shia LaBeouf's acting in that particular film he was in.

This is frighnening to me. We could've had a nice, smart movie produced by peter jackson and no big names beyond that. Now We have a speilberg produced beattie script.

I almost WANT this to get stalled again.

yeah, or NEIL BLOMKAMP!!!

lol. He would have been it. He would have been THE guy to pull videogame movies out of that dark cave they're rotting in. What a shame. Now we got a Beattie written explosionfest.

xalener said:
Now we got a Beattie written explosionfest.

Don't jinx it!

All I'm saying is I agree with Goose. Who knows how the script is? Have YOU read it?

If it "blew away" Spielburg, then you've got to give it some credit. Plus, we know he is familiar with the realm of video games considering he plays Bioshock... perhaps he is also familiar with Halo and its universe...

Let's keep the prejudice down and wait and see, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back