*SPOILERS* Halo 4 Ending *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote from the first scene is Cortana saying "I rewrote your suit's firmware while you were out." Suggesting she upgraded the software used to operate the suit, and did not give him new armor. I was hoping for some sort of explanation for the radical change in armor style, but 343 is playing this off like it's supposed to be the armor he's worn the whole time, which kind of bugs me too since they spearheaded Halo CEA, and gave John very distinctly graphically improved MK V style armor.

However, I agree with Hyokenseisou; IMO, the good outweighs the bad, so I'm pleased for the most part. Still not completely satisfied with the ending, though.

here a crazy thought, what if? since cortanna is with didact and she has the whole multiple personality thing happening. what if she evetually breaks down didacts programming and when the chief comes for her and put her back together, cortanna is imbued with long lifespan of didact's programming then she's fixed

I got a question..... If she was fiddling with his diddle (upgrading his armor, which btw, I think is the GAYEST excuse ever... so lame and full of bs...) while he slept... Why the eff didn't she fix the battle damage done to his armor at the end of 3?
Like if you're gonna give someone new shiny armor, make sure it's all shiny and all there, instead of chunks missing out of it. "Here, have some new armor. Oh btw, it's missing a chunk out of the chest area, I just got lazy with making it."

Also, while I know Cortana was always said to be known for her curviness (which have yet to see in ANY of the other Halo games...), how is it that an AI can put on 40 lbs?
Don't get me wrong, the graphics were all VERY well done, so kudos to 343i, but how can a digital program get fat? She was never super skinny in the other games, nor fat; she was a good average athletic build - but I guess sitting on her ass staring at Cheif with giving him broken new armor for 4 years, made her fat?? I'm just gonna ignore the fact that her whole face changed and doesn't have the Cortana 'feel' to it, the signature Cortana 'look' (the character design was very nice and well done, but just doesn't look or feel like her), but an AI putting on weight? dat fuq??

maybe it's a representation of all the data cortanna's gained

Okay Legendary ending does show A face, but me and my friends are of the opinion that that is the Diadact not Chief, I mean he was narrating the ending.

Master Chiefs armor is still the Mark VI. With every new game there are new Ideas of what something should look like. Naster Chiefs Mark V armor from Halo CE anniversary is different, but it looks pretty cool. Thats the thing. 343 had to hand craft his armor because they used the Halo reach Engine to create the grafics. When they did that, it took armor customization from reach and put it into anniversary. Halo 4 has the same issue... sorta. I said before that every game/ movie has its own idea of how something looks. Like in iron man his suit changes but they're still Mark VI suits. Thors suit changes when he appears in the avengers. Changes always happen in games.

But Im still wondering if the batteries for master chiefs flashlight rean out...

But Im still wondering if the batteries for master chiefs flashlight rean out...

Haha, that would be something. A state of the art armor system with shields and enhancing abilities, but no way to repower the flashlight batteries. xD

cleveland-show-gif-tears-driving-388847.gif
MFW ending

Ok, about the suit: Cortana says she made some changes, that doesn't mean she replaced the entire suit. I think that is the exact same armor chief had at the end of H3, 343 just changed it's look. That would explain the battle damage. Chief's armor did also change from H2 to H3, with no explanation. I'm cool with 343 doing that. But back to the original subject of the thread, the ending:
I think the ending was pretty lame. No proper boss fight, and the way Chief took Didact out was pretty lame. But maybe he didn't die, although he did fall into a energy-ball-thingy (which does kill me if I jump into it, lol). And the ending cutscene didn't bring any proper closure, as nobody explained why humanity and Covenant are at war again. And the way it just ended, well... I don't know, can't find proper words to put it. Also, I would've wanted to see Halsey with Fred, Linda and Kelly along with the rest of Spartan III's at the shield world, as people kept making constant references to her through the whole game. Oh well, maybe in H5...

I have to say, I'm disappointed. After fighting for hours with what has to be the WORST shields in a halo game, listening to her scream and mess up my already cluttered vision, go through all this trouble to get her home, and then boom, dead. The worst part was it was completely and utterly predictable. Once Chief started completely rejecting the idea of it happening, i knew they were going to do this. I love halo for its great and unique storyline, but I have to say this, in my opinion, was a little like a f*ck you to the long time fans who also read the books. It is probably just some way for 343 to start up something new, but still, I expected more. Now, on the other hand, the graphics and cut scenes were good. Some of the best Ive seen on any platform, but that doesn't forgive the sloppy handling. I probably would have enjoyed this game so much more if my shields weren't drained by one shot from a Promethean, or if i didn't have to uncrouch myself because they made it toggle. Now, if they had taken everything they introduced in the first level, minus the rush to the button section, it probably would have been good and somewhat original, but in the end i felt everything was either recycled from the other games, borrowed from another non-halo game, or completely dependent on luck (which apparently has finally run out, Chief, sorry) . In the end, though it is halo and still is part of one of the greatest franchises, i am disappointed. I expected more from 343. It may be from only having 4 hours of sleep the night before, or just the annoying mechanics, or the fact it only had 8 repetitive levels, but seriously 343. get your act together.

It's only a really short sentence or two from the start when he's still in the cryo thing. It's also partially explained in Glasslands

i was too excited to notice that :OO well ... i dont like that but as carpy said ... the good parts overweight the bad parts... i still love the sound effects in the game... they are new and i feared that they would totally suck... but thex impressed me :)

lolol..... did anyone else get a kick from that disclaimer 343i put in at the very end? The whole blurb where it pretty much said "Ya'll had a lot of doubt in us and we hope we didn't fu** it up, hopefully the shiny graphics made up for it all, get ready we're gonna milk the series for more of your monies"? I lol'd.... Main at the "you doubted us, hope we didn't fu** it up too bad..." part....
It's like they knew 'we' all had huge doubts and pretty much thought they were gonna crash and burn it into the ground as soon as it was announced (I know I was on that band-wagon...) so at the end after all the shiny, they're like " ^^' hope we gave you enough eye candy to make up for us fu**ing with your mom". lololol....

i don't thing she's dead not yet, because she said most of her is down their, (earth), didn't we see this in the audio stroy with an AI as well, in the long run she'll return, and yeah it felt short but made up for it is cut-sences.

"Every great journey begins with a single step.
This is our beginning.
Thanks for trusting us with the universe you love and joining us on this epic adventure.
-343 Industries"

So was this just a Cyborg,A.I. love story.And I am just tired of the whole Chief is the only one who can save the universe and happens to be the
best spartan... just because he is lucky,God forbidd a soilder has pure skill oh no luck just luck, don't know about you guys but that is pretty lame.

Ok, about the suit: Cortana says she made some changes, that doesn't mean she replaced the entire suit. I think that is the exact same armor chief had at the end of H3, 343 just changed it's look. That would explain the battle damage. Chief's armor did also change from H2 to H3, with no explanation. I'm cool with 343 doing that. But back to the original subject of the thread, the ending:
I think the ending was pretty lame. No proper boss fight, and the way Chief took Didact out was pretty lame. But maybe he didn't die, although he did fall into a energy-ball-thingy (which does kill me if I jump into it, lol). And the ending cutscene didn't bring any proper closure, as nobody explained why humanity and Covenant are at war again. And the way it just ended, well... I don't know, can't find proper words to put it. Also, I would've wanted to see Halsey with Fred, Linda and Kelly along with the rest of Spartan III's at the shield world, as people kept making constant references to her through the whole game. Oh well, maybe in H5...

in the game, it's a breakaway faction of the covenant thats fighting against humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back