Start of my (Son's) pep armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw CRAP!!!

We just bought the wrong bondo xD

Another day of work lost.
We are really trying to finish this by the weekend.

But anyways... we need ome scaleing help for Flying Squirrel's torso...

My son is 5.2 - can anyone find the scale for him really fast, or atleast tell me how to? xD

I'll post pictures of him wearing it, tell us if it looks fine, k?

Stay tuned :)

Finally found the right bondo. xD

I wont bother posting pics, we only got half of the top part bondo'ed (you know what I mean)
It is perfectly smooth.
We will try to finish it by the end of the week.

Finnish_Spartan said:
If your son claims to be a god hes lvl must be high?

Oh, for Halo 2 (PC) there is no score.
But he is pretty good.
But he does kinda whore the only rocket and sniper. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
- Green Guitars - said:
Finally found the right bondo. xD

I wont bother posting pics, we only got half of the top part bondo'ed (you know what I mean)
It is perfectly smooth.
We will try to finish it by the end of the week.
Oh, for Halo 2 (PC) there is no score.
But he is pretty good.
But he does kinda whore the only rocket and sniper. xD

There is actually a score on Halo 2 pc, you just need to buy xbox live for it :)

-Fin(n)ish

OK, hey guys, sorry for long update.
Terra Nova testing is here and my son was studying a lot, well lets get on with the point

We're doing this slow, and steady, hopefully it comes out nice, and i think it is
The top is all done, the type of bonde we had was kinda hard to mold, but we managed xD
I say it looks pretty spiffy. :D
[attachment=3440:Helmet_S...Top_Done.JPG]
[attachment=3441:Helmet_T...Top_Done.JPG]
We got all the little details in, and what do you know a gold visor!!!

Here is what it looks like on my son, does it look the right scale?
[attachment=3442:Helmet_Head_1.JPG]
[attachment=3443:Helmet_Head_2.JPG]

We will finish the back and side later, Hopefully tomorrow we will finish the helmet

@Finnish Spartan

Really, well where do you find your level, we have a live gold account?

Well, stay tuned ;)

woaw nice man i think you should add the double layerd visor it would defenatly add a profetional look to the helmet

very good work

Ho...ly...Crap. thats amazing for a 12 year old...or anyone for that matter, and that is the most amazing helmet I've seen in...well ever. can't wait until he does the torso.
AWESOME is just an understatement.

~Widman2013~

Finnish_Spartan said:
There is actually a score on Halo 2 pc, you just need to buy xbox live for it :)

-Fin(n)ish

actualy halo 2 pc version comes with two month free trial gold membership

- Green Guitars - said:
Finnish Spartan

Really, well where do you find your level, we have a live gold account?

Well, stay tuned ;)
Looks awesome! (did you use DREMEL?) but surely, your son didnt make this all by himself did he? i mean you must have helped with sanding etc. Quite alot?

The level should appear next to your name... (Example: <Nametag(color of your armor), Name untop of it, emblem on the left. and level on the right side of your name, (and on certain accounts Bungie logo on the background).
The game has levels because it's merged with the Halo 2 on the xbox.

-Fin(n)ish

Thanks for the support guys. :)
In about 3 hours ill post new pics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Finnish_Spartan @ Mar 12 2008, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Looks awesome! (did you use DREMEL?) but surely, your son didnt make this all by himself did he? i mean you must have helped with sanding etc. Quite alot?

The level should appear next to your name... (Example: <Nametag(color of your armor), Name untop of it, emblem on the left. and level on the right side of your name, (and on certain accounts Bungie logo on the background).
The game has levels because it's merged with the Halo 2 on the xbox.

-Fin(n)ish</div>

Well, I helped add resin and put some bondo, he did all the sanding and molding. Hes got talent. xD

Well, i just looked, i don't think there is? we looked everywhere, maybe a pic xD

-------------------------------

Squirrel... your torso is tramatizing my kid xD
To many little folds.

- Green Guitars - said:
Well, I helped add resin and put some bondo, he did all the sanding and molding. Hes got talent. xD
He got very much talent! :D

- Green Guitars - said:

Well, i just looked, i don't think there is? we looked everywhere, maybe a pic xD

-------------------------------

Squirrel... your torso is tramatizing my kid xD
To many little folds.
I dont think he has too many tiny folds.. Just finished it! it's more like a helmet wich has 10x bigger pieces :)

he did all the sanding and molding
Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! your son started to mold it?!

Also i dont think 12 is a young age (if you think so as a father, you need to get used to the fact that your son is growing up) I mean i was 12 just 4 years ago xD i know what it's like, i still feel the same lol..

-Fin(n)ish

Oh no, what i mean molding like putting the bondo on and molding the shapes. xD
Maybe someday we will make pulls :D

Also for the torso, what you scale it down to his size, the little tiny folds screw everything up xD
And the numbers block the lines, so we have to print out 13 or 20 peices again without te numbers.

Damn, GG! Your son is putting some phenomenal effort into that helmet, I must say. The fact that you've only helped him a bit with applying the bondo and such... I agree he's definately going to grow up with some leet prop-making skills, heh heh.

Hell, I'm 28 and have over seven years of experience in prop building, and even I'm in absolute awe of the level of detail he's put into this, lol. Your son should seriously consider starting to put together a "work" portfolio, and when he's old enough approach one of the major film studios to see about getting into prop work professionally.

He'd clearly be up to the task, even more so at that point ;)

Anyway, if his helmet is any indication, I can only imagine what the torso's going to look like! Definately looking forward to seeing more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back