Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Superman. I am really impressed that you manned up and apologized.

Hopefully I speak for most of us at the 405th when I say that I forgive you.

You've been a great inspiration for me and many, if not all, the costumers here on the 405th. You've inspired me to start my armor project and continue to the end.

Please continue with your Iron Man build, as Superman said, anything that is that good is worth finishing.

-Stonewall

I have mixed feelings about this but I have decided to pm him

1 to get a few things off my chest

2 to open up a dialogue between us again.

I have to agree with SupermanExtreme and Stonewall. I was much happier to see an apology, than full denial. Unfortunately, that is something we have all seen before. Way to man-up Starx, and I hope that everyone as well can look past this to continue to learn and build from it.

Well after speaking with Starx I to would like to say we all make mistakes and sometimes just get caught up in the moment or sometimes where in so deep we cant get out.

Takes alot more courage to come clean than to just try to lie about it.

I never take someone on their word so an apology can just be a hollow one but after speaking with Starx I think he means everyword of it.

I'm now looking forward to interacting with the REAL Starx from now on.

Don't sweat it man. I've got ADD (anger deficit disorder). I can't stay ill for over a few hours before I get over it. You know, "Live and learn", "Forgive and forget", "Like sands through the hourglass". lmao :D

You can keep the gauntlets. Keep your head up and don't stop building your armor either.

I'd have to say, albeit all that's happened, you can't stop working. As far as you have come, it'd simply be a crime to quit and let it die. Life is full of making mistakes, but that's not the part that matters. It's how you handle those mistakes that really identifies your character.

And by the looks of things, you're off to a great start. :D

i fully agree with superman. I forgive you. atleast you manned up. im proud of you that you had the courage to tell us all instead of denying it.

Keep building im waiting for more.

Don't sweat it Starx. Don't forget that you are part of an online community of people that stuff things up all the time. Every single person on these forums have stuffed up their work at least once. What did they do then? They just moved on, started again and learnt from their mistakes. I can tell that you are the kind of person that has stuffed up, but don't worry about it, because everyone wants you to start again and continue with your fabulous work. And don't underestimate how many people admire your courage for you admitting that what you did was wrong. You're a good man Starx, don't give up.

-Perceptor

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." Dale Carnegie

i have say chris, i am deeply proud of you. Not only for the fact that you manned up and said the truth, but also for the reason in that by saying the things you said, they might have ruined your wantingness to complete the suit. even if all would not forgive you (ive read up on the ones that do) you still have one person who stands by every decision you make. and to be honest, if you still think it would be KICKA** to have a 6.8 foot Spartan and Iron Man crash charelston's biggest Halloween contest then im up for it cause little brother, (looks at the countdown clock in his room) that countdown timer has not stopped and nor will it ever stop. we will walk through those doors on halloween, and we will wipe the contestants smiles off their faces, and we will show them that these two GERMAN BROTHERS dream big and that WE, we came to win and by golly that is what you and me are gonna do. and btw so what if that suit is designed by somebody else, in the end the final product recognition should be 100% you because you put the all the effort in that suit. and each individual bondo and paint smear is by you, by Christian. so, the race is still on, i may be slow at pepakura, but i will see this finished. So dearest and oldest friend . . . what do you say?

Lockdown013 said:
i have say chris, i am deeply proud of you. Not only for the fact that you manned up and said the truth, but also for the reason in that by saying the things you said, they might have ruined your wantingness to complete the suit. even if all would not forgive you (ive read up on the ones that do) you still have one person who stands by every decision you make. and to be honest, if you still think it would be KICKA** to have a 6.8 foot Spartan and Iron Man crash charelston's biggest Halloween contest then im up for it cause little brother, (looks at the countdown clock in his room) that countdown timer has not stopped and nor will it ever stop. we will walk through those doors on halloween, and we will wipe the contestants smiles off their faces, and we will show them that these two GERMAN BROTHERS dream big and that WE, we came to win and by golly that is what you and me are gonna do. and btw so what if that suit is designed by somebody else, in the end the final product recognition should be 100% you because you put the all the effort in that suit. and each individual bondo and paint smear is by you, by Christian. so, the race is still on, i may be slow at pepakura, but i will see this finished. So dearest and oldest friend . . . what do you say?

I feel like i just walked it to a WWE ring, and something epic is about to happen... or this is a movie and this awesome 80's music montage featuring journey's "Dont stop Believing", which will end with you walking through the doors at the contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
wolfshui said:
I feel like i just walked it to a WWE ring, and something epic is about to happen... or this is a movie and this awesome 80's music montage featuring journey's "Dont stop Believing", which will end with you walking through the doors at the contest.

hmmm... i was thinking more on the line of "eye of the tiger," but that works too i guess.

Everyone - I want to thank you for your forgiving me for what i have done. I just want everyone to know that i am here to help you whenever i can. I realize that i do not always respond to your pm's instantly (sadly having a job in a restaurant is very time demanding) but i wont let anything stop me from helping everyone. I am also back on the Starx Project. Everyone here has really inspired me to finish what i started, and to help everyone where i can in order to have all of us on the same level. As far as a time line, i will be back to assembling the rest of the armor after valentines day (sorry guys..girlfriend comes first..lol). After that, the end of february will have a completed iron man paper stage. I do have a new camera, and i will be taking pictures. But this is a fresh start, and a better one. Im here to help the community where i can and however i can.

Code:
JUICE said:
That's what I like to hear. Never give up. Now, where's the pics? :D

So far no new pics. I discarded much of the build that i had. The helmet is where i am currently at. Scaled at 26 cm in height (in case anyone is wondering.) I also redid the dummy, i kept the same frame and retaped a new one.

Ahh man sorry to hear that strax, if you need anything let me know I've completed a pretty good suit and if you need any tips just pm me bro. You better take of the women cause if you dont you'll never be finishing up on this project lol. The rath of the mighty GF is a horrid thing lol.

Awesome, i already start my own project, inspired by all of you

Two thumbs up from Chile !

[attachment=14941:DSC04069.JPG]

[attachment=14942:DSC04064.JPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back