Stiilus' Old Weapon Builds (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm back...

Standard blackwash fare on this sucker... For those not in the know, I use flat black enamel and an old pig bristle artist brush, plus a tissue to rub back the excess :) ...

P5200900.jpg

P5200901.jpg

P5200902.jpg

P5200903.jpg

Here I taped up so I could run a mist coat of chrome down the edge of the blade... I wasn't too sure if it would stand out next to the silver, but I really didn't have anything to loose as I already had the chrome from another project, so I gave it a go anyway :) ...

After I had let that coat dry, I used the same technique as the "scratches" that I use on my helmets, but with the chrome to make the edge look sharpened and the blade look slightly scratched...

P5250911.jpg

P5250912.jpg

P5250915.jpg

Blackwash in the nooks and crannies on the blade really brought it to life I think...

P5250920.jpg

P5250923.jpg

P5250926.jpg

P5250927.jpg

I've just got to put the little buttons on the grip which I've got some bifurcated rivets for that. They look like the little rivets you see on jeans, but these ones are used mainly for leather work instead... Hopefully they look the part :) ...

I also want to rework the "buckle", I feel it needs a bit of detail. I really wish 343 Industries would sort out the picture hosting business. I'm shooting blind on this build, just going from memory most of the time and consulting my Emile figurine when I need to, but I don't think he's that accurate...

Anyway, now you're all up to speed... With such a small amount of work left to do to complete this project I should be able to knock it out in just an hour or so on the weekend, but unfortunately I'm scheduled to work again... Fingers crossed that I find the time :D ...

'Til the next update, peoples...

I see all these beautiful weapons builds but I don't think a knife has made me step back with impressedness (yes that's a word :p). Really nice work as usual looking forward to your next work of art.

I see all these beautiful weapons builds but I don't think a knife has made me step back with impressedness (yes that's a word :p). Really nice work as usual looking forward to your next work of art.

if it's not a word, then you need to add it to the urban dictionary, that way then nobody can dispute it :D ... also, i've got some holidays starting as of monday, so i should be able to nut something out over the next few weeks :) ...

that is a BEAUTIFUL knife man!

thank you Andrew. i want to surround myself with things i consider beautiful, the thought that others find them beautiful as well only encourages me to make even more...

Wowie- that is an awesome wood build. I love the weathering you do on your pieces as well, they look excellent!

thank you. i'm glad you like it. i think one day i might have to start a thread with my own painting techniques or something with the amount of comments i'm getting on them. hmmm, food for thought ;) ...

Sharp lookin knife you got there buddy. :)
Paint looks great, and brings it life for sure.

btw, speaking of painting, do you have a painting tut out yet?? I might have missed it if you do :)

Sharp lookin knife you got there buddy. :)
Paint looks great, and brings it life for sure.

btw, speaking of painting, do you have a painting tut out yet?? I might have missed it if you do :)

nah, not yet... i was planning on doing one for the knife build, but there really isn't that much detail in it to really bother doing one. i'll create a piece specifically for a paint tutorial eventually... not too sure what yet, but i'll think of something :D ...

nah, not yet... i was planning on doing one for the knife build, but there really isn't that much detail in it to really bother doing one. i'll create a piece specifically for a paint tutorial eventually... not too sure what yet, but i'll think of something :D ...

Ah gotcha, well ok good, glad i didnt miss anything lol.

thank you. i'm glad you like it. i think one day i might have to start a thread with my own painting techniques or something with the amount of comments i'm getting on them. hmmm, food for thought ;) ...

Please do! Your paint jobs are among the godliest I've seen. Your attention to detail is simply jaw dropping!!

Please do! Your paint jobs are among the godliest I've seen. Your attention to detail is simply jaw dropping!!

wow. ok, so i'm a little late replying here, but thank you. i don't know about being the among the godliest though... i went to a family funeral recently, and took my laptop along to show the relo's some of the stuff i'd been up to for the last 25 years, (yeah, it's been a while since i've been done south). some of them are of the gun nut persuasion and when i showed the the pistol they couldn't believe that it started out as a sheet of ply ;) . when you get that kind of reaction from people who know, both here and abroad, then i guess it's a good thing :D ...

Just wow . respect dude ! :)

I f---ing love your helmet ... and the gun . inspirating me .

But i guess ima build up my gun with pep. im not sure yet

Anyway, apologies to all, I should have posted pics of the finished knife long ago... Long ago... It's been sitting in among my collection of Halo toys and helmets for a few months now... And so, here's the final pics. Hope you all enjoy :D ...

P7310967.jpg

P7310969.jpg

Not sure if I've put that one up before, or something like it, but here's some of the details of the tip of the sheath.

P7310970.jpg

I used bifurcated rivets as the studs in the grip. Thankfully the grip was long enough that I didn't have to cut them off, but rather linked them together and held them in place with Fullaprene.

P7310972.jpg

P7310973.jpg

That's a detail shot of the screw in the top of the sheath. Apparently flathead drive screws are almost completely obsolete here in Australia I found out today. Sucks really, because as far as weapon props are concerned I think they give off a more mechanical feel than their phillipsdrive brethren.

Anyway, after the unflattering photo's I posted some time ago feathuring Fred and Godzilla, old 'Zilla thought he would get his own back...

...with a knife so big it could destroy us all!!!

P7310975.jpg

P7310976.jpg

Needless to say, Fred was shocked to find 'Zilla with his new armourments, and decided to hightail it out of there before he had his handed to him...

P7310977.jpg

P7310978.jpg

I know I'm immature, but hey, it's who I am... Thanks for swinging by people, and as always, any feedback, good or bad is greatly appreciated :D ...

Just wow . respect dude ! :)

I f---ing love your helmet ... and the gun . inspirating me .

But i guess ima build up my gun with pep. im not sure yet

thanks, mate. i've got plans to build a few more helmets and weapons yet. myself personally, i prefer to use something more solid for the weapons, adding layers as i go as i find the pep to be a bit tedious and fiddly with the finer details on the weapons, and yet i find it perfectly acceptable when i'm making a helmet. go figure. at any rate, welcome to the 405th if nobodies welcomed you yet. i hope you have fun here and get as much enjoyment out of your builds as i do with mine :D ...

LOL righteous! Godzilla FTW!!!

yeah, it was bound to happen eventually :p . i've been dying to put these photo's up, just never really found the time until tonight... now i've got this build all snapped and posted i can start showing my current project, but it's going to have to be in another thread altogether as it's neither weapons or halo armour... more on that when i actually do get it posted thought :)

thanks, mate. i've got plans to build a few more helmets and weapons yet. myself personally, i prefer to use something more solid for the weapons, adding layers as i go as i find the pep to be a bit tedious and fiddly with the finer details on the weapons, and yet i find it perfectly acceptable when i'm making a helmet. go figure. at any rate, welcome to the 405th if nobodies welcomed you yet. i hope you have fun here and get as much enjoyment out of your builds as i do with mine :D ...

Thank you . Very much for having such a nice attitude and welcoming me like a baws.

For the layer thingie i thought bout rondoing the inside ... or separating the gun into 3 parts to screw em in the end after rondoing.
2-3 layers of resin would make it taff . or what do you say?
Btw i felt in love with godzilla <3

godzilla by itself was terrible. now that he has a knife...ive lost all hope.
builds look tight dude. that helmet looks redicalous!

Great job with the woodworking on the magnum, I haven't seen that done before. The helmet is also original as hell, I'm gonna have to look up your build now

The Knife looks awesome! Nice pictures too... I love zilla :)

thank you RSpartain7. i should have put the pics up ages ago, but the excuse that everyone here uses from time to time "life gets in the way" is kinda ringing true. i really do need to make more personal time to do this stuff though, so as soon as i get that sorted, everyone should expect to see me churning stuff out :) ...

Thank you . Very much for having such a nice attitude and welcoming me like a baws.

For the layer thingie i thought bout rondoing the inside ... or separating the gun into 3 parts to screw em in the end after rondoing.
2-3 layers of resin would make it taff . or what do you say?
Btw i felt in love with godzilla <3

if you do go the rondo way, make sure you drill out where the screws are going to go, the last thing you want is to spend all that time making a masterpiece and have it crack on you when you go to assemble it... doing a "block" assembly whereby you build the gun in sections and assemble after isn't a bad idea, in fact i would recommend it as i found it super easy with my pistol... i did do a fiberglass plasma pistol (check in my armour builds for it) in sections too and it didn't turn out to bad assembly wise... i would say go for the separate pieces method as it's probably the easiest...

godzilla by itself was terrible. now that he has a knife...ive lost all hope.
builds look tight dude. that helmet looks redicalous!

the worst is yet to come... lol... i'm glad you like the builds. my mum goes around telling everyone about what i do now, so if it gets her appraisal then i know i'm doing something right... i met a guy today who builds motorbike parts and custom dirt racers for a living and he gave me a few fiberglassing ideas that i'll have to give a try, so watch this space, there'll be more to come...

Great job with the woodworking on the magnum, I haven't seen that done before. The helmet is also original as hell, I'm gonna have to look up your build now

thanks ajfromnj. my old woodshop teachers would probably tell me to take it back and do it again if they saw it in a work in progress with some of the sloppy edges it had originally, but i don't mind how it turned out. it sits on my shelf now with a custom female spartan sitting on it cleaning her assault rifle. i plan on doing a few more weapons with wood soon as it was just so damn easy to work with. and thank you with the compliment on my helmet. i can't help but screw with the canon of the Halo Universe, so expect everything i build to have a personal twist to it...

omg awsome work on the pistol, and the helmet could possably blind an elite with the suns reflection!

and the knife, if godzilla had one of those.... im too affraid to say what would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back