Still Alive. Aperture Science Advanced Military Combat Suit (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3ol3y2.jpg

Your foam box = Companion cube too?

I look forward to seeing this progress!

3ol3y2.jpg

Your foam box = Companion cube too?

I look forward to seeing this progress!

YES!!! Well... proof of concept for it. I'll need to use the foam eventually, plus it's still too "floppy" to be viable for draging around a 'con, but it serves it's purpose for now, and as a size tester.

UPDATE!!!!

Major detailing and some fine detailing done on the boots. I realized a little late that I didnt quite scale the boot pep up enough, but I made do and added some things of my own to make up for it. Besides, when one is turning a pair of Halo boots and shins into a pair of Long Fall Boots, one expects SOME structural changes, no?

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Ok. Good news and bad news.

Good news is, I have hand plates! And I dont really need to do any additional work to them! yay!

bf8e9506.jpg

3fd11fa2.jpg

Bad news is, I went to heat-form my visor to my helm, and... well... This happened...

6b6fa0c8.jpg

d01eab17.jpg

Help? Please? Anyone? lol

Also, I found an old comp mic I had hidden away, so now my integrated GLaDOS AI is more of a possibility! Just got to play around in Melodyne and see what works.

Sorry to see that happen with your visor :( Also I think you're going to have to buy a new one. The build is looking good so far, keep up the hard work! :)

I read on another thread to use an oven at 200 C (390 F) to heat it up. It was only in it for 2, maybe 3 min. I can get more plastic, that's not an issue, I just dont want to make the same mistake over and over again.

I would have never put that in an oven. When I formed acrylic, I used a heat gun and that worked really well.

I would have never put that in an oven. When I formed acrylic, I used a heat gun and that worked really well.

Ok, well... live and learn. My mom is gonna be buying a whole bunch of fresh supplies soon so I'll just add a sheet of acrylic to the list. In exchange for helping her with her costume (she has recently discovered the wonder of Steam-punk, lol), she is covering my build as well.

Another update!

Got part of my OS up and running, (thank god for iPhone jailbreaking!) Just have to work on the audio. I have a few lines recorded... it's just a matter of turning my voice into that of GLaDOS... Or actually not because turns out my voice is made more for that of a Core instead of GLaDOS... Which makes sense seeing as I'm a guy... so, yeah. Hindsight. It sucks. lol

Anyway... Pics!

298e3f69.jpg

23c60702.jpg

f264168b.jpg

71a3dd12.jpg

d5a70d4b.jpg

The screen caps are from my iPhone 4, while the phone in the holder is actually my old 3G. I'll be using the 3G for the con, but I'm using my 4 to tryout various combinations of programs to see which ones I like the most first. (Also, the 3G is SLOWWWW and takes forever when your trying to do anything overly exerting on it.)

my god. I want that default for my iphone so bad. Its too bad that it requires jailbreaking your phone, since I lose my warranty and stuff for doing it

my god. I want that default for my iphone so bad. Its too bad that it requires jailbreaking your phone, since I lose my warranty and stuff for doing it

All you have to do is restore it back to factory befor you take it in, and they will never know. I've done it tones of times. Lol. ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS! :p

EDIT: OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! ELLEN MCLAIN IS GOING TO BE AT DRAGONCON!!!! MUST MAKE IT TO PANAL!

Another update!

Got part of my OS up and running, (thank god for iPhone jailbreaking!) Just have to work on the audio. I have a few lines recorded... it's just a matter of turning my voice into that of GLaDOS... Or actually not because turns out my voice is made more for that of a Core instead of GLaDOS... Which makes sense seeing as I'm a guy... so, yeah. Hindsight. It sucks. lol

Dude, that is seriously awesome. Almost awesome enough for me to want an iPhone. Almost.

But since GLaDOS is just an acronym, you can still claim you are one, just not Her. You could even say you're Cave, and that the Aperture scientist were successful in creating GLaDOS before his demise.

Can't wait to see more of it!

Dude, that is seriously awesome. Almost awesome enough for me to want an iPhone. Almost.

But since GLaDOS is just an acronym, you can still claim you are one, just not Her. You could even say you're Cave, and that the Aperture scientist were successful in creating GLaDOS before his demise.

Can't wait to see more of it!

Don't tell me you're an ANDROID... -_- lol

hmmmm... mayyybeeeeee.... although, If I can ever get SIRI working right I might not have to... Had her working this morning, and then she quit on me again... She works on the 4, just not very stable.

I LOVE IT!!!
This is turning out so well man!
Love the phone on the arm with the portal stuff, my friend is going to squee so hard when i show her lol

Hey, no real updates to post. My mom teaches summer school and I've been helping out with that. However, I just had to let yall know, today at Goodwill, I came across a prop I didn't even think aboutaking, till now. Heres a hint. Space Cops.

:)

happens to me too... acrylic motorcycle visors are heat sensitiv. -.- waste of money. buy polycarbonat sheets and vac form your visor.

In regards to your undersuit, I recommend getting a zentai suit. They come in pretty much every color imaginable and are very customizable. They ARE tight, but I've seen a lot of sites that have both women AND men modeling them, so I'm sure you could find something that would kind to your man-parts. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back