Strapping It All Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aron Jemison

Im new and have i am making a Marc VI that I have finished glassing and how at the point of applying bondo and sanding. My question (i have read and seached) when it comes to appling the straping there is not a how 2. Can some one shed some light on how to accomplish this. Thanks in advanced for your help..

I think there isn't a sticky for this because there may not be a definite way to do it.

Each rig has to be made for each person and their convenience and comfort. One person may find a buckle helpful in one area where another thinks it would be completely useless..

But I did see a video on youtube where someone was putting on the armor and I got ideas on how to rig my armor.

Here's the link:

Now if you were just wanting to know how most people apply the straps to their armor, rivets.. I think most people just use little rivets or something of that sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try using some chicago screws with nylon webbing you could buy at hobby lobby. there is a sticky on strapping on the forums (Noob forum) check it out there's different ideals out there.

LdoSpartN said:
You could try using some chicago screws with nylon webbing you could buy at hobby lobby. there is a sticky on strapping on the forums (Noob forum) check it out there's different ideals out there.

This is what I was looking 4:

Strapping and snaps

Last edited by a moderator:
For some pieces like my thighs I used "sticky back" velcro to hold the strap that connects my thigh to my belt. I also used a plastic chicago screws for my shoulder strap, and to attach my space diaper to my belt. I would've used epoxy to keep the screws is place, but ended up using super glue and baking soda only because I had those handy.

For the chestpiece I used my wifes bra as a model for strapping the front and back together. I used 2 part epoxy resin designed for plastics to hold the straps to the armor. Let it sit for a day untouched and you won't be able to pry the straps off the armor. This works well with the thigh armor straps as well. I went with chicago screws for the codpiece. There is a little figuring involved on your part, but strapping really isn't that bad.

Just make 100% sure you take comfort into account. If it isn't strapped/padded properly you won't want to wear it no matter how cool it looks.

A big "THANKS" to all that helped. I now have a good idea of how I'm going to attach this. Again, thanks for your assistance/advise.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back