Tester Helm build (pep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK Scrap

First things first. This build's pep file came from KIRROU. You can find him here http://www.405th.com/member.php/11916-Kirrou. Much praise to you my friend!!!

IMG_2841-1.jpg

So this is my first pep construction so any and all criticism would be greatly appreciated.(as long as it is constructive)
Okay, the helm was a little small for me but fit my girlfriend. For all you military people out there I where a 7 and 3/8 cap. So if you are ruffly the same I would increase the size just a LITTLE. It was big enough that i could move the paper to fit my head in it, but when reinforced I would not be able to.

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/justintime0505/HALO BUILD/IMG_2822.jpg

So the pictures are out of sequence but you get the gist.

Attachments

• IMG_2841-1.jpg
    IMG_2841-1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2851.jpg
    IMG_2851.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 114
Hey, nice pep work!
I have a question, how did you manage to pep the pieces on the side?
I mean like you know, you look from the chin pieces, go to the left/right, the 3rd piece?
I'm making this too, and it's pretty crooked, but it still looks normal....

Oh just a tip. Look at the over all size and see if it matches you frame. As for the neck hole once hardened can be trimmed as necessary to allow for your head to fit. I made my tester at 305mm high and its seemed a bit small so I bumped up my pep to 315 and it was too big. So I'll probably go with 310 this time ad see how it fits. Lol And again look at the over all size not just the neck hole.

Kirrou;bt525 said:
Oh just a tip. Look at the over all size and see if it matches you frame. As for the neck hole once hardened can be trimmed as necessary to allow for your head to fit. I made my tester at 305mm high and its seemed a bit small so I bumped up my pep to 315 and it was too big. So I'll probably go with 310 this time ad see how it fits. Lol And again look at the over all size not just the neck hole.
No, Kirrou, I mean that from on the side, where the back of the cheek. It's crooked because I think I didn't place it right.... But it's just a tester, so it doesn't matter :p
I think that it MIGHT be too small, but it's too soon to be sure. I'm doing the bottom part first, I've got 2 parts left. So ya, if it's not good, I'm just going to remake it with a higher height value :p

Kirrou;bt525 Lol And again look at the over all size not just the neck hole.[/QUOTE said:
Well the helmet does not look to big or too small. So just like you, I think that I may just increase it slightly.

I think that this looks good but I could always use some other opinions. On the size compared to my body..(i know i'm a little chubby. I'm working it off) Thank you!!!

IMG_2862.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 111
To be honest with you that size looks pretty good on you. I should tell you, when you build the HD this are more curves on it so it looks and feels slightly bigger. I could tell you for sure though if you gave me a profile shot of you wearing the helmet like this.

But like I said it looks pretty good in terms of size from this shot. Any bigger and you might risk the bobble head look.

Yeah I would stick with that size. Any bigger and it would look too long and kind of bobble headish.

Well yes kind of. Most of the files I created are defaulted at my size yes. I am 5ft 11in average build. I make them based off myself in order to give everyone a bit of an idea of what the default size would fit. But also I think its a pretty nice average size. Oh and when modeling, I use a 3d mannequin as reference to make sure the build peps will fit nicely around the human form. I feel this really help all of my models fit great and not just lay flat on a curved surface like you chest or shoulders.

Oh and in terms of scaling I really just measure what every body part I am building and then set the scale to that in pepakura. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back