The 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo 117

should i get a Xbox 360? i got the money but i thinking..

i heard that the 360 get broken alot and "the 3 red ring for the botton" and that if u put Halo 3 in it sometimes it dont work and get broken and it might get scratch faster

Robo_117 said:
should i get a Xbox 360? i got the money but i thinking..

i heard that the 360 get broken alot and "the 3 red ring for the botton" and that if u put Halo 3 in it sometimes it dont work and get broken and it might get scratch faster
first
speak clearly
second
don't listen to everything you hear
third
get the 360 it awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Get one of the newer ones, possibly the Arcade version if you can, they're guaranteed the newest. The first 3 or so production lines of 360's were the ones getting RRODs. They supposively fixed the production error causing GPU solder joint problems.

The new 360's aren't affected by Halo 3. The old ones were but that was because it actually put the 360 to work.

ecose said:
first
speak clearly
second
don't listen to everything you hear
third
get the 360 it awesome

i hate to be an ass but hes not technically speaking hes typing......but yea 360's pwn all

thisismadness2 said:
i hate to be an ass but hes not technically speaking hes typing......but yea 360's pwn all

hahahaha i was just about to say that. im not speaking.. im typing.

I'd wait if I were you, I heard Microsoft was going to re-do the 360 with blu-ray rather than high-def.

I'd like some confirmation on this.

Untitled-1-2.png

just get any new 360 they are using a new chip and they are also using a heat sink for the chip to take away most of the heat.
the way you know that its a new one is that it will come with a hdmi port.

PillowFire said:
I'd wait if I were you, I heard Microsoft was going to re-do the 360 with blu-ray rather than high-def.

When pigs fly, the xbox 360 will have a blue ray drive.

Microsoft has stuck to HD DVD even if it's format is declared dead, by june, all major retailers will now stop selling HD DVD movies and players, but I can see microsoft releasing games on HD-DVD.

PillowFire said:

It's said to only be a possibility as an external drive like the HD-DVD drive already is. If in fact Blu-Ray wins out for the most part, it will be an option. They also say why that'll never happen in the article I found below.

So purchasing a 360 now, shouldn't hinder you.

IMO, this is was hurt Sony in the first place. Putting a drive in their system that no one really wanted in the first place to force them to use it was a dumb idea. This is also the reason I don't own a PS3 and never will, unless they pull that stupid Blu-Ray drive out of there.

I have several legitimate reasons for not liking Blu-Ray so don't bother me with "Oh, why do you hate Blu-Ray so much? Everyone's going with it, and it's so cool". Fact is no one is really going with it, except the people that have to(PS3 owners, and those that don't know better), it's much more expensive, and completely incompatible with current DVD technology. The idea behind Blu-Ray was good, till someone came up with a much simpler format, called HD-DVD, that allowed for backwards compatibility with the older format of Standard DVDs, and did pretty much the same thing that Blu-Ray was suppose to do as far as storage capacity among other things.

Found this article, you determine if it's trustworthy.
http://www.gamernode.com/news/5557-microso...ible/index.html

I found it doing a google search for "Microsoft and Blu-Ray"

-Magnum

If the xbox switched to blue ray, microsoft will be losing 100% of their customers to sony.

Both are HD gaming machines, one runs DVD/HDDVD the other runs blue ray, if both went blue ray, then what is the difference?

Microsoft will be smart to bring back the popularity of the HD DVD drive, and start making games onto HD DVD, you can hold 16gig on 1 HD DVD disc, or 32 on a duel layer disc, that can compete with blue ray in the gaming world.

AoBfrost said:
If the xbox switched to blue ray, microsoft will be losing 100% of their customers to sony.

Both are HD gaming machines, one runs DVD/HDDVD the other runs blue ray, if both went blue ray, then what is the difference?

Microsoft will be smart to bring back the popularity of the HD DVD drive, and start making games onto HD DVD, you can hold 16gig on 1 HD DVD disc, or 32 on a duel layer disc, that can compete with blue ray in the gaming world.
It's not a switch...read carefully.

AoBfrost said:
When pigs fly, the xbox 360 will have a blue ray drive.

Microsoft has stuck to HD DVD even if it's format is declared dead, by june, all major retailers will now stop selling HD DVD movies and players, but I can see microsoft releasing games on HD-DVD.

well im pretty positive micheal moore has flown in a plane does that count?

michael-moore-pizza.jpg

thisismadness2 said:
well im pretty positive micheal moore has flown in a plane does that count?

michael-moore-pizza.jpg
I can say even if halo 3 magically came out for the ps3, no one would buy it, many xbox 360 owners love their xbox too much to even touch a ps3.

Ok I didnt want to start a new topic for this. So il post it here. My friends 360 just got red ringed, on his new 360 the disk tray wasnt chrome, but the same colour as the 360 itself? Is there a specific reason for this or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back