The Dark Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
this movie was fantastic... walking out of the theater i heard probably 20 people in different conversations saying "heath Ledger is such a fag... why did he have to kill himself?"... tho it is a cruel thing to say i couldnt help but kinda agree with these statements. he did such a fantastic job and brought so much to the character, and now we can never experience it again in another installment.....

12/10 is what i give this movie.... and now i cant watch tv/movies because nothing compares to what i witnessed...... until the X Files comes out!!!!!!

didnt the joker get the scars in a chemical spill of some kind?and it made him CRAZY. i was thinking thats what they said back in the old comic/cartoon days.

gamerguy55 said:
I was truly blown away by the movie.
I think they both did an amazing job with their characters. In the beginning I would've said that the Joker had it, but when Harvey...[]...It seemed to fit him so well. I'm still not completely sure, they both were portrayed very well.

I do have a question, I'll put it in spoilers, though it really doesn't ruin anything: When the Joker first asks the Mob's leader "You wanna know how I got these scars?", was that how he 'really' got them? Later in the movie he said it was for his wife. I was arguing with one of my friends about this, he said Both of them were probably wrong. I said they were both correct, I think he was talking about different scars. I really don't know 'that' much about Batman, neither did he.
It was a great movie, if you haven't already, you definitely should see it.
IMDB:

In most of the stories about his origin, the Joker becomes the way he is through an unlikely freak accident. For instance, Jack Nicholson's Joker, in the 1989 Batman, fell into a vat of chemicals, which scarred him and changed his skin and hair color, giving him the look of a clown. His freakish appearance causes his mind to snap, turning him into a psychopath.

The Joker gives three conflicting explanations for his scars. He states that his father gave him the cuts on his cheek as a child after he (the Joker) took his father performing the same act on his mother "too seriously." The Joker also tells Rachel Dawes that his wife had her cheeks cut and that he cut his own cheeks with a razor blade (most likely to sympathize with her disfigurement). He also almost tells Batman a third way in which he might have been disfigured. It is very possible that none of these statements are true. It would add to the mystique of the Joker as a nobody who comes from nowhere; and it keeps the audience guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that haven't seen this movie...why are you still reading this post?

Go see it! I'm going to go see it at Imax tommorow...it's worth it.

Saw it in theaters, you will LOVE it and hate it, and despise it, and enjoy it.

Mixed emotions all around.

That's part of the fun,

Have a few fun quotes from the joker:

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We're tonight's entertainment."

"Here's my card."

"It's simple, kill the batman."

"It's all...part of the plan.

Now go see it.

Heath Ledger's performance was flawless. All the little things he did with his character brought him to life.

And for those who wonder, Heath didn't kill himself, well, not intenionally.

I believe that the Joker got the scars on his face from his childhood when his mother came after his father with a knife and he took it from her and hurt her with it and the Joker was watching and was scared, so his father looked at him and asked "Why so serious?" and used the knife to cut a smile into his face either way, that had to be the best movie ive seen all year, and one of the best ive ever seen...and if you havent seen it, stop reading this and go to your nearest theatre and watch this amazing movie

OMG best movie i've ever seen. I just saw it today and I was blown away. And Joker never really says how he got the scars because when he is talking to the big black guy he says it was his dad and when he is talking to rachel he says he did it himself with a razor. Do you guys think there will be a third one? I personally want one because this movie was just Amazing.

The entire movie had me on the edge of my seat, which was unfortunate as there were several moments that had me jumping several inches. Some included the dude landing in front of the window, The Joker suddenly standing up out of the body bag, Rachel being unceremoniously incinerated, and worst of all, Bruce's Lambo getting sandwiched. I loved it.

Unique Name said:
The entire movie had me on the edge of my seat, which was unfortunate as there were several moments that had me jumping several inches. Some included the dude landing in front of the window, The Joker suddenly standing up out of the body bag, Rachel being unceremoniously incinerated, and worst of all, Bruce's Lambo getting sandwiched. I loved it.
Lol the part with the window made me jump also. My favorite part is where: Joker walks into the mob's headquaters and the big black guy wants his associate to rip the joker's head off. The the joker does the magic trick with the pencil and kill's the guy. I loved how the movie was well put together and there wasn't any parts where i was bored waiting for something to happen. As staeted before if you haven't seen this movie yet the go see it now. I garuntee it's the best movie you will ever see in your life.

Loved this movie sooooooo much. Absolutely genius writing and acting. The Joker's pencil trick was the greatest magic trick ever. Both "stories" creeped me out big time. He had a lot of funny moments, but the part where he is torturing the fake Batman, and he yells "LOOK AT ME!" I seriously freaked. Also, Two-Face was used perfectly, even if his fate came a little early. A lot of times using more than one really major villain makes the movie feel too crammed together, but this was executed perfectly.

Amazing in every aspect.

MandoMan said:
Loved this movie sooooooo much. Absolutely genius writing and acting. The Joker's pencil trick was the greatest magic trick ever. Both "stories" creeped me out big time. He had a lot of funny moments, but the part where he is torturing the fake Batman, and he yells "LOOK AT ME!" I seriously freaked. Also, Two-Face was used perfectly, even if his fate came a little early. A lot of times using more than one really major villain makes the movie feel too crammed together, but this was executed perfectly.

Amazing in every aspect.
Ya i thought it was kind of dumb how two face dies Getting Pushed out a window come on hes a bad @$$ villian he could of died a little more climactic ya know?

Bullet! lol, hide some of the rest of your text after how two face ----.

And does no one read what I say?

There will be a third. and the joker makes up all the ways he gets scars. there is no real reason that was said. You get to believe what you want.

All I can say is, wow! This is definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen (saw it the first day it was out). An obvious contender for one of the best movies of the year. The entire thing keeps you on the edge of your seat. If have not seen this movie yet, GO AND SEE IT RIGHT NOW!!! :D Heath Ledger is the best joker of all time. Wish he was still here. :(
All in all, I would give this movie a 6 out of 5 because it is truly amazing.
That one part with the magic trick the joker did with the pencil....Ow!

My favorite line was probably "Why so serious?" Followed closely by "Funny...the boss told me something similar."

DreadMullet said:
this movie was fantastic... walking out of the theater i heard probably 20 people in different conversations saying "heath Ledger is such a fag... why did he have to kill himself?"... tho it is a cruel thing to say i couldnt help but kinda agree with these statements. he did such a fantastic job and brought so much to the character, and now we can never experience it again in another installment.....
I never saw this post, but he didn't kill himself, it was an accident.

I thought Dark Knight was so great i've seen it 3 times already. Funny thing happened during one part, After the 'magic trick' occurred and the audiences' laughter and gasping died down, this little kid, maybe 7 or 8 asks his dad "WOW! is he gonna do the trick again?!" Needless to say. I lul'd.

Such a shame Ledger died, but that toxicology report could easily make some people think it wasn't an accident. The report concludes he died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone (Oxycotin), hydrocodone (Vicodin), diazepam (Valium), temazepam(Sleeping Aide Ex. restoril.), alprazolam (Xanax) and doxylamine (sedative usually combined with cold medication).

well, theres that and Jack Nicholson's "I warned him' quote when he was told Ledger died.

p0rtalman said:
Oh, and if there any parents out there thinking about taking there kids, watch it for yourself first, it’s pretty intimidating.

As long as you're not 9(my friend who I went with's mom made us take his 10 y.o. brother) or below you should be fine. He loved it. I loved it. I officially am Joker for Halloween!I have 450$ to spend on a costume--HOLY SWEETNESS ;)

Joker 4 Life :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back