The Halo Diorama By Roodkill

For the sake of awsome..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with soul products. This is one of the coolest things I've seen on this forum. (Not just looking cool, but offering to put other forum members in it for free.) (Unfortunately, I never had any good pics of my ODST suit (it wasn't very good, and it fell apart).) I'd love to see some sort of reenactment of the black knight scene from monty python and the holy grail. ;) What are you using to create the molds?

Cheers!

(Wish my target carried McFarlane :( )

dude u are makig a hit with this thing lol o i cut some of the guns out and yeah wrong silicone to make that kind of mold and we have bad news.and the smoopack watching a MC with a fuel rod on ebay so we ca mold that for it sound good.th cast 300 wow fast play time and omg its hot ll. and yeah target was fun,and i dont think series 7 is not saposed to be sold yet lol, thinkin of getting the gun set if we dont win it and also that ar in the MK IV and MK VI pack is a ma5b it is smaller then the C with others like we thought .

Hah, if you could put a pepped looking recon helmet on a gorilla or a brute doll, youd have my current armor. :p

As for the recasting issue, its only illegal if you sell it.

As long as no profit is made, there shouldent be any issues.

It's all ok for those who see this as recasting. The answer is mixed, yes and no.

We based their molds of McFarlane's Halo 3 set, then cast them with adjustments. These are privet pieces. The ones that will be sold are for the community here on the 405th. The others that are to be made avaible at comic con are parodies. We have consent and all is good. We're shipping a set to Bungie HQ and Spawn.com / McFarlane Toys very soon.

UPDATE: I talked to Ryan and we decided if you're going to have your armor done in the near future, we'll give you our blessings and accept you if you have detailed shots of your armor. We're going to come up with little plaques for the model were members names will be displayed and what happened to them in the battle. Oh and don't worry one of them will be peping a helmet, (You know who you are) *wink*

Please let us know.

Further more, I went to the Local Target and bought Dare, Srgt Forge, The spartian 2-pack, RVB 2-pack, and a yellow eliet. The silicone was bought this evening too.

In the mnorning, I'll have images of the figures in closer detail for you all to examine.

Roodkill said:
Any ideas or takers for their armor? I have a few.

In what way do you mean? :unsure

Im kinda confused by that statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
A_Guardian said:
In what way do you mean? :unsure

Im kinda confused by that statement.

Send us an image of your armor in detail and we'll begin the process of making the apperance of your character in our diorama. Otherwise, please give us a cinimatic description of an epic moment you want to see on the battle field.

Roodkill said:
Send us an image of your armor in detail and we'll begin the process of making the apperance of your character in our diorama. Otherwise, please give us a cinimatic description of an epic moment you want to see on the battle field.

OH!

Ok.

Too bad i dont have any armor completed. Sad Face... :(

Well, I want to make one of these, but I won't be selling them off. I'll probably end up making a sort of comic thing with them.

Otherwise, please give us a cinimatic description of an epic moment you want to see on the battle field.

I want to see an Elite hugging an ODST, lol.

-Pony

Hey there! Here's the update as promised, but a little late I know. But there were some issues this morning.

So I bought the figures last night, and here they are:

P10100382.jpg

P1010040.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010045.jpg

I got to thinking about the ODSTs and how you can see through the visors a bit when they take the reflective shielding off, and how many of them would loose helmets over time. So I began crafting some heads out of clay this morning and baked them too. Here's some shots.

P1010053.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010050.jpg

Anyhow, some of the images of the Brutes didn't come out that well, but I went through photoshop and outlined

the basic shapes for you all to see before we went on to painting them.

Right after these "brute shots", Ryan and I have a short photo-tutorial of our process of making the figures... minus painting.

P1010079.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010072.jpg

Ok, so here's a step by step. A picture or two might be off but I bet many of use are smart enough

to see how the steps go, or we are familiar with the process...

P1010049.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010061.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010063.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010070.jpg

Those of you who have sent me your ideas for being added to the diorama, I've got your characters well under way and will post your figures in full paint later tonight. On this topic here, post the images of your Spartian/ ODST armor OR post your Halo 3 / ODST character from the games if you will have armor done soon.

If you have any suggetions for scenery, battle senarios, or otherwise creative advise let us know.

Roodkill and Lord Hellraser

well for scenery ( example a wall )

styrofoam rectangles

you would cut off edges and such with a knife to show wear and damage.

take a soldering gun or something pointy with a hot edge and poke the styrofoam to replicate bullet holes and then where the exposed areas of the "concrete" wall you would add tiny pieces of solder to make it look like rebar rienforcement then of course paint it and such.

just an idea.

I was thinking of making my scene the "8 minute halo movie preview" with ODST's and brutes.

but making it abit of a bigger scale with grunts and spartan's.

-------- edit ------------

oh yeah, and as for pulling the figure's apart,

wouldn't you have to mold each individual piece?such as:

thigh, legs, feet, arms, biceps, chest, head, and so on so you can add them to any position you like?

ACDCrockr209 said:
Can I be an ODST in your epic Diorama?

Let me know.

-Pony

Absolutely, just post images of your character in color here for referance or images of your armor

I dont have anything built, but if i can find a version of what i want, can you build?

Or maybe a description? cause i doubt i could find my build as a pre-existing Project.

Others along these lines have been done, but mines gonna be special.

Dude, I wish I could go buy a dare.. lol actually I could, but I bet they wouldn't have them in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back