The Hunter Costume: AKA Operation Cockpit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to disappoint you fellas, but I have all the parts to make the antennea like discussed but my own suit build has taken over.

I'm really kinda curious as to what RFPs been up to with her full suit....

We had a prototype for the stilts, but my dad is convinced they're too tall and is worried about my safety. I disagree with him, but we're trying to find a compromise.

Thank you all for being so patient.

At the very least, I'll give you all a sketch of how I'm planning on doing the legs, since I'm starting with those. Sorry, so sorry this is taking so long. I've been teaching and that takes a lot of time away from any creative endeavors. It's slow going. But I haven't forgotten about you all and I haven't forgotten about this project.

pantsblueprint.jpg

Okay. Not the best pic...I'll type in the text of what it says.

Top part: "Hips need to flex due to the movement occurring near my own hips and waist. This is the same for the rear, because in a sitting position my hips need to still move in a way that the Hunter's would. So the outside shell needs to compensate for my waist/hips being shorter in location."

Bottom Part: "Hunter kneecap is attached to an internal sliding thigh/knee piece. This sliding mechanism will allow for movement of the kneecap to compensate for the location of my own knee. My own knee is mostly in the same spot, but if I bend my knee, it will distance the Hunter thigh and shin armors, so therefore I need a section that moves to work with this limitation."

I had a idea similar to this for my future prototype spartan armor from Halo: Legends, and maybe with other things later on, i was thinking to add in a spring, not to big, in the ankle part, in back and have a slight notch cut in the front, so that the stilit could act like a reall foot, as far as moving goes, and would also make it more comfortable and easier to walk, in theory, it might work. Better then trying to walk around with block like stilts, at least thats what i think. :confused

Don't want to intrude but.
I have a sketch of how I'm working the Antennea. This is just my general Idea. It'll be 3 1/2 feet long. I'm only doin one, my suit is however getting my primary attention.
11132010004.jpg

Didn't want the idea to die.

I think this is a good idea. But I have in mind a way to simplify it. In order to keep the spines stiff, I want to have a way so that there are less pieces to worry about. I have an idea...

Thanks for sharing, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back