1st Build The infinite Halo Infinite armor. AKA Disco Chief

speerd

I started building this armor a few months ago and figured it was time I enlisted! I started with the galactic armory model and made some modifications for electronics and the infinity mirrors.

P_20231021_194611.jpg

The armor is 3D printed with transparent PLA so i can attach lights to the inside and have it filter through the armor. The exterior is triangles cut out of hundreds of CDs that are epoxied in place.

P_20231018_213721.jpg
P_20231027_143847.jpg
P_20231024_224129.jpg

I modified the bucket to have a magnetically detectable jaw and visor (still building the visor) so I can still play my saxophone with the armor on. I perform in a nerdy brass band that dresses in cosplay and plays video game music so this was a requirement of the build. The jaw uses a magnetic electrical coupler so the lights still function easily.

P_20231024_132635.jpg
P_20231024_132801.jpg

Here are a few of my helmets.

P_20231024_123135.jpg

That looks SO COOL! I think I might’ve seen your build on TikTok, gotta say this is an awesome take on halo armor, can’t wait to see it done!

Dude I saw this on Instagram. It's absolutely insane my question is how much does it weigh?!? and what Lights do you recommend cause these look good!

This is gonna look absolutely insane, can’t wait to see more! How long does it take to do the CD’s?
An obscene amount of time. I will spend ~30 minutes cutting up a batch, then 3 hours placing them, then an hour the next day polishing up the excess glue and fingerprints. All for a 10" by 10" patch.

Dude I saw this on Instagram. It's absolutely insane my question is how much does it weigh?!? and what Lights do you recommend cause these look good!
Don't know but I'll have some numbers once the chest plate is done. It's not that bad though, I have several chainmaille vests and this won't be near as heavy so I'm not too worried.

This has got to be one of the craziest yet most unique builds I've seen in quite some time. I'm reminded of a former 501st member who took their old Stormtrooper suit and did something similar with hundreds of shiny crystals glued over their armor. That person won a major cosplay contest, and I have no issue seeing you do the same should that opportunity happen. Did you do anything with the CDs to make the edges less blunt or easier to attach? I imagine cutting up CDs like that would leave lots of sharp and pointy edges which could easily lead to harm. Also, did your "modifications" involve anything done to the models themselves or were they done after everything was printed?

This has got to be one of the craziest yet most unique builds I've seen in quite some time. I'm reminded of a former 501st member who took their old Stormtrooper suit and did something similar with hundreds of shiny crystals glued over their armor. That person won a major cosplay contest, and I have no issue seeing you do the same should that opportunity happen. Did you do anything with the CDs to make the edges less blunt or easier to attach? I imagine cutting up CDs like that would leave lots of sharp and pointy edges which could easily lead to harm. Also, did your "modifications" involve anything done to the models themselves or were they done after everything was printed?
Thank you! I plan on competing this armor at ECCC 2025. I took first in FX this year with my Russell Glow.

334975390_1376644119788542_1465324439020544411_n.jpeg

I snip the tips off the pointiest triangles but there are plenty of hazards left. I do try to trim and blunt the worst offenders as I find them but this will never be a cuddly armor.

I do my own 3D modeling so I will import the files then modify them as needed. Mostly cutting out voids for the infinity mirrors and expanding out spaces to hold wire connections. I am modeling a magnum, assault rifle, and energy sword from scratch.

First of all, THIS IS SO COOL!!

But I'm curious... how do you do the lights and wiring for this? How is it all controlled? I see some other people have mentioned you are on tiktok and insta... do you have a tutorial for how to do this on any of those platforms? You're the first person I've seen do this

This is AWESOME! Also, there did you get the magnetic pogo pin connector?

This is absolutely outstanding! In a lot of ways it actually seems like less work. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a lot of work. But, it's not in the game so you don't have to worry about accuracy. Some polishing, but drastically less sanding. And you can get away with a lot like the undersuit since everyone's focus will be on the shiny bits. Super jealous. (my next project I think will look cool next to you and MissBoof )

I also love the road case latches to hold the 2 halves of the torso together! That's super smart. I work with those all the time and never thought to try them.

This is absolutely outstanding! In a lot of ways it actually seems like less work. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a lot of work. But, it's not in the game so you don't have to worry about accuracy. Some polishing, but drastically less sanding. And you can get away with a lot like the undersuit since everyone's focus will be on the shiny bits. Super jealous. (my next project I think will look cool next to you and MissBoof )
Early on with some of my first projects I realized how much I prefer this kind of adaptation. It's so much easier when you are not going for screen accurate because no one can tell me I did it wrong. Plus, I'm obsessed enough with detail that attempting screen accurate would kill me. It's so much easier and fulfilling when you are adapting something to make it your own design.

I also love the road case latches to hold the 2 halves of the torso together! That's super smart. I work with those all the time and never thought to try them.
I love them, they are big, chunky, and they have a great feel. Get the job done really well too!

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back