*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Irish Cowboy said:
MP/Base Security Chest? and a Military Police Helmet With attachments?

Can somone make these?

Ive requested them at like 7 different place and no response soo...... can somone make them?

pretty please with a cherry on top?

:D

Reference Pics:

IS THAT ENOUGH REF. YET? [retorical ?]

-The Irish Cowboy

Just be patient... people will model them when they have time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon McClain said:
If you have requested them in 7 different threads and haven't gotten a response, that should give you a clue. The modelers are busy. VERY BUSY. They will get to it when they have the chance!

They are modeling the ones posted AFTER mine so, :pThey are busy, IGNORING ME!!!!!

The Irish Cowboy said:

I hear sarcasm is a great way to get people to do stuff for you for free.

About 1 in every 5 posts in this thread is a begging post. It's quite astounding to see how self centered and arrogant people are.

^what he said. I'm guilty of wanting.. but I understand that it takes time and talent. I appelreciate all the Work the modelers do and I'm excited To see more work from talent like you ace, rundown, ruze etcetc. : )

People are modeling what they want to model, not necessarily what others are asking for.

Everything will eventually get modeled, please ease off the requests in this thread before I have to do some housekeeping to it.

The Irish Cowboy said:
MP/Base Security Chest? and a Military Police Helmet With attachments?

Can somone make these?

Ive requested them at like 7 different place and no response soo...... can somone make them?

pretty please with a cherry on top?

:D

Reference Pics:

[attachment=16852:reach_1371641_Full.jpg]

[attachment=16853:reach_1371632_Full.jpg]

[attachment=16854:reach_1371637_Full.jpg]

[attachment=16855:reach_1371604_Full.jpg]

[attachment=16856:reach_1371608_Full.jpg]

-The Irish Cowboy

what helmet it that? it there a pep file layin around somewhere? i think i like that better than the others

looks like i am just another to second irish's request! ha ha

EDIT: Military Police

hi everyone, I made a low def DMR in blender for anyone who's desperate for a pep one. take a look if you think you want to try. It's in my signature.

The FJ/PARA shoulder looks amazing!

thanks! :)

I will pep it and post a pic showing how it looks :p

BAM!!!

good file!

003.jpg

quite the easy build, from print to finish took me about 2-3 hours max.

I only had troubles on the top, but it's easily fixable with Bondo.

i personally think the modelers and unfolders should be applauded for the massive amount of work they have already put int to the almost two dozen reach files. thanks guys and keep up the good work

I just counted 60 different models, that's 5 dozen models available. Then some of the models have multiple unfolds... we've got a lot of files already.

so above all of this confusion has anyone seen the CNM add on... i can't model it but i would have no problem unfolding it.

note this is not a demand its more out of curiosity... if nothing else I am going to scratch build my own...

Also, is anyone having problems with Brandon McClain's unfolds of rundowns work? I noticed while pepping the shins that there is some weird geometry going on... but other than that its looking awesome. (its nothing that common sense can't fix...)

If you are talking about the way that the knee pieces line up, if you look closely at the model they don't mesh right. Its not the unfold, its just the model layout. I am guessing that is what you are talking about anyway... If its the way the pieces are laid out or something like that, let me know, I wouldn't mind some feedback, especially from those who are experienced with pep

MikyVengeance said:

BAM!!!

good file!

003.jpg

Since you built that already, how was the pep? I do like to hear some feedback on the models I unfold since I put A LOT of time into unfolding to ensure that there are no overlapping pieces. I also tried to make it a smooth unfold, but didn't want to make it too smooth or else some of the necessary folds might be taken out and I don't know if it would look right in the end. XD haha

MikyVengeance said:

BAM!!!

good file!

003.jpg

OMFG that looks GREAT!!! and another OMFG thats my file!!! Thanks Goddess for the great unfold!

Brandon McClain said:
If you are talking about the way that the knee pieces line up, if you look closely at the model they don't mesh right. Its not the unfold, its just the model layout. I am guessing that is what you are talking about anyway... If its the way the pieces are laid out or something like that, let me know, I wouldn't mind some feedback, especially from those who are experienced with pep

ok, I just started pep on the shins so its the first thing i noticed an error on that is why i brought it up... It is still a good pep file it just needs some refinement to make it work better. Pictures to show what needs work...

overview of the work...

frontofshin.jpg

backofshin.jpg

kneecap.jpg
This is the knee cap portion of the build, only problem this this is that the part that was in the middle suggested that i fold it out instead of in. Being more game accurate and actually getting it to fit right with the piece i had to flip it inside out.

shinmissingtab.jpg
Here you have no tabs to finish up the trimming on the model, not a huge deal, but its a bit frustrating to find out where pieces like that go...

shinkneeerror.jpg
Here the shin/knee guard dose not line up with the model or even sit properly with that. This is fault in the designing of it. Knee collides/ interferes with the model.

201005300001-1.jpg
Ok, this was by fart the easiest fix, but it may confuse younger pep makers so i will address it... On the inside of the bottom of the shin, Rundown had modeled extra support. Unfortunately, when the model was unfolded it left this area not connected. To fix this just cut the extra tab on the inside and glue it to the other. Fixed.

Brandon the only reason I am addressing these is to help you improve your work, I am not trying to bash it or anything so please don't get upset about it. Overall I am still going to use then in my final armor construction set, and it still was an overall simple build. :) You gave me a challenge and i LOVED it. To be honest I had more fun building your model of the shin because I had to personally come up with solutions to fix it.

EDIT: sorry for the crappy quality photo's my camera is on the fritz

Okay, I see what you were talking about. Like you said, those areas all had no tabs, but that is due to open faces in the model (the red lines that you see on the model) as far as I know there aren't any ways to connect them without editing the actual geometry of the 3D model itself, which can't be done in pep. Thanks for the feedback!

pepping was VERY easy!

I finished it really quickly,

the only problem I had was with the top of it, but I'm going to clear that up with some nice bondo :p

thanks once again :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back