*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody want to unfold a new forearm and Carter Helmet attachment?

Reach Forearm
Ruze789ReachForearm.jpg

Download: Reach Forearm, Not Yet Unfolded

Just a note on the forearm: I made some of the parts floating faces instead of modeling the details in because it takes only a minute to cut out a small piece of plastic or matboard and glue it on... vs folding and gluing a million tiny tabs that takes 15 times longer to do.

Forearm now unfolded! :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/WFOQd5Il/Ruze789_Reach_Forearm_Unfold.html

Ruze789: I edited this forearm a bit to better fit a female arm since we chics don't have such large forearms. :p I also changed it a little to sort of match the live action version of Kat and if it's okay with you, I would like to share the file with the other chicas that are building Kat as well. :)

ive gotta say thanks to everyone modelling and unfolding here, this is probably the thread i watch the most as it is constantly being updated.. soon my models will get better and i can contribute :D

thanks all, wouldnt be making my kat suit without any of you! :p

Nice unfold Halogoddess, and wow it was fast!
Glad you like the model, it was based on 3 different sets of reference so it's not really entirely accurate to any... I used ref from the in-game, the live action, and the Square-Enix figures.

And feel free to post your female version edit.

Nice unfold Halogoddess, and wow it was fast!
Glad you like the model, it was based on 3 different sets of reference so it's not really entirely accurate to any... I used ref from the in-game, the live action, and the Square-Enix figures.

And feel free to post your female version edit.

Glad you like my unfold. :) I've been doing unfolds for a fair amount of time now and I sort of got a good system to when it comes to unfolding. Naturally, I ALWAYS do smooth unfolds too. :p They look nicer and plus it saves on the bondo work. :p haha

Anyway, here is the slightly edited forearm for the girls or just anyone that has pretty thin forearms. I slightly raised the upper, front part and changed the back side to sort of match the live version. I also made it a little more narrow so that it's not so big on the forearms. :)

Reach Forearm Female Edit:

http://www.4shared.com/file/tsOBL_o0/NEWKatForearm_Unfold.html

Apologies Rhinoc if I had known it was your file I was downloading I would'nt have gotten it from that guy. Would it be ok to ask you for permission to get it done with a CNC machine since I have been able to contact someone that can do it, I just want to get your permission first. You would of course be geting a free helmet out of the deal if I can get it run through CNC and molded.

Apologies Rhinoc if I had known it was your file I was downloading I would'nt have gotten it from that guy. Would it be ok to ask you for permission to get it done with a CNC machine since I have been able to contact someone that can do it, I just want to get your permission first. You would of course be geting a free helmet out of the deal if I can get it run through CNC and molded.
Its OK! Stuff like that happens! And yes, you can run it through CNC!

Reported.

And Rhinoc. If you want to see what I wrote in the report, it is right below:

**Original report**

Hello to the staff at google. I have just discoverd that the guy I reported now have stolen 3d content for alot of users of the 405th.com and claims to have made them himself. If you take your time to search around on the site, you would find the original modelers of all of the models this guy has uploaded to the gallery.

I will write down some of the usernames to the people who originaly modeled these helmets:

*Rhinoc

*Rundown

*Nightshade

*Vrogy

Please look at post #692 at this page:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread/page70

I don't know if the models have copyright, but I think it is horrebile to have people like this, steal and take credit for models they did not make.

It is possebile that he did make some of these models himself.
The only thing he did to the files he has stolen, is to texture them with a simple uv map made in photoshop.
I do not want you to remove all the models from this guy's gallery. I only want you to send him a warning to originaly credit the models he have stolen to the people that made them, or be faced with a temponary ban.

Thank you so much for your time!

Best Regards

Svein-Arne Hartveit aka Jico on the 405th.com

**End**

Reported.

And Rhinoc. If you want to see what I wrote in the report, it is right below:

**Original report**

Hello to the staff at google. I have just discoverd that the guy I reported now have stolen 3d content for alot of users of the 405th.com and claims to have made them himself. If you take your time to search around on the site, you would find the original modelers of all of the models this guy has uploaded to the gallery.

I will write down some of the usernames to the people who originaly modeled these helmets:

*Rhinoc

*Rundown

*Nightshade

*Vrogy

Please look at post #692 at this page:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread/page70

I don't know if the models have copyright, but I think it is horrebile to have people like this, steal and take credit for models they did not make.

It is possebile that he did make some of these models himself.
The only thing he did to the files he has stolen, is to texture them with a simple uv map made in photoshop.
I do not want you to remove all the models from this guy's gallery. I only want you to send him a warning to originaly credit the models he have stolen to the people that made them, or be faced with a temponary ban.

Thank you so much for your time!

Best Regards

Svein-Arne Hartveit aka Jico on the 405th.com

**End**

Very nice! :) I too made a report. Maybe if enough people complain about this, then something will be done. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to show a little something I did. ******FIRST OF ALL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY****** The boot armor belongs to Ruze789. I just LOVE how he modeled it! :D I think it looks great and since I felt that this awesome boot armor needed a toe piece, I decided to ATTEMPT a try at modeling. This is the first model I have done, and yes, it probably sucks, but it might be able to work. XD

However, after some close inspection of the live version of Kat, I noticed how the top, front part of the armor seemed to look a little thick, so I edited Ruze's beautiful boot armor to contain that so now the top front part sort of all fits together. Also with the way I edited it, I had a plan in mind.......since with the way this is designed, it might make walking a bit hard since it might not bend too easy at the toe, SO........if your creative enough, you can figure out how to do a sort of spring hinge so that when you walk, the top front part will move. It's hard to explain, but if you sort of get what I'm saying and can picture it, then you're good to go! XD haha

Here is what I got: (I really had no idea what I was doing.) XD lol

53qrfm.jpg

To Ruze789 - With your permission, I would like to release this as one full piece. I WAS going to have my toe piece seperate, but then I started to think about sizing issues so I decided to combine it as one whole piece. Of course, you will get credit for being the original modeler of the boot armor. :)

Looks pretty cool! I was thinking of doing that but I've got too many other models in the works at the moment...

I saw in the other thread you said that your toe piece could use some cleanup, want to send that over to me and I'll take a look? I can fix it up and send it back to you for unfolding after.

Email is ruze789 @ gmail . com if you want to send it my way.

Looks pretty cool! I was thinking of doing that but I've got too many other models in the works at the moment...

I saw in the other thread you said that your toe piece could use some cleanup, want to send that over to me and I'll take a look? I can fix it up and send it back to you for unfolding after.

Email is ruze789 @ gmail . com if you want to send it my way.

Yeah, if you look at the toe piece, you can see TONS of little squares and to me, that just doesn't look right. Plus when I first tried it, I made the front of the toe too rounded, but after looking at the live action, the very front of the toe is a bit flat and has a sort of squared roundness to it. If you get what I'm saying. XD

Also, if you look on either side of the toe piece in front of the part that extends out, you will notice a shape that slightly extends out. That SHOULD be there since you can sort of see it in the live version, but I was having issues getting it to be somewhat noticeable. You can sort of see it in my model. I think it came out okay for the most part. :)

Oh, and I am sending you the file right after I post this. :p

Oh. My. Friggin. God.
I wrote a super long post about file protection, internet crashed, rewrote it, CRASHED AGAIN.
So, it went like this: make a back-up file of the file, make back-ups of the file in progress to prove it's yours, put secret text files in the unfold and one on the first page so people who steal the files only delete the first one, and leave the other one, so you have concrete proof it's yours, and that was it. It went from complicated, meh, now simple -.-

Oh. My. Friggin. God.
I wrote a super long post about file protection, internet crashed, rewrote it, CRASHED AGAIN.
So, it went like this: make a back-up file of the file, make back-ups of the file in progress to prove it's yours, put secret text files in the unfold and one on the first page so people who steal the files only delete the first one, and leave the other one, so you have concrete proof it's yours, and that was it. It went from complicated, meh, now simple -.-

Ok, you kinda lost me, but i hope others will get that.

Oh. My. Friggin. God.
What I do is take pictures of all the pieces in progress, and I throw in an extra plane or two so because people normally forget to delete those! But I like your idea too!

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!! YES!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked up that stealth dude, sure enough the google link to my helmet is still there, but when I click it I get this...

The results you requested are no longer available.

5 pages of "his" models were shut down!!! But I also figured out how he is accessing all our models

But I found something else... I dont know how I missed it! Check this out

Wow, no posts, signed up four months ago, last site activity a month ago, creep....
Well at least we now know how he got them though... There wasnt much else to do xD

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!! YES!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked up that stealth dude, sure enough the google link to my helmet is still there, but when I click it I get this...

5 pages of "his" models were shut down!!! But I also figured out how he is accessing all our models

But I found something else... I dont know how I missed it! Check this out

He has no posts. Clearly he is just here to get the models, nothing else... If he was into making armour, he would have made a tread about his armour or posted replys on other posts. Im glad that we got one less model thief to worry about:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back