The Power of Voice (With a Little Optimus Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a bit of voice recording with a friend so that I could show it to other friends to see if I have potential in the voiceacting industry. It is only 19 seconds long, can you guys take a listen and let me know what you think? And for those that dont know, Don LaFontaine is the guy who did all the movie trailers and says "In a world" a lot. I am not trying to sound just like him, I am trying to sound like the general idea of what he did for movie trailers and what not.

Oh and my friends seem to love this one.
Optimus Prime Gets In-N-Out (I know I dont actually sound like Optimus but hey, it was all I could think of saying)

But yeah, honest opinions, constructive criticism and all of that jazz is greatly appreciated!! I know some of you are making Halo video type things, just let me know if my voice can help! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"The regular, please!"

I lolled. Hard.

Fairly good voice acting, there. A few subtle things, and you probably oughta cut down on background noise, though.

Thank you :) Feel free to share with friends.

I am going out of town for a week in the next few days on vacation and might hit up some fast food joints while I am away haha, I might write a little script or something too. I will be on a grand adventure to find the perfect response!

Now, as for the first video with my voice, anything I should do with that?

Dude, that transformers bit was hilarious.

Kudos man because that was awesome. :D

For the serious audio track though, you have some inflections in your voice that kind of make the rest sound kind of not serious. Pay attention to those toward the end of your lines especially as that's where I noticed it the most. It's pretty good and I think you could do something with that talent with practice. Also at some points, it does sound like you're trying to hard or forcing it. Again something that will get better with practice I think.

Thanks Magnum for the great input! And thank you everyone else for watching the Optimus one! I want suggestions for other stuff I might be able to use my voice for, any idea you guys? I did buy a Halo costume from that maker...the super crappy one for 1000 bucks. I plan to strength and repaint it, maybe with a bit of practice I could do MCs voice and hit up a drive through hahahah

I wonder what kind of special effects they use on Master Chiefs voice, I sure as hell cant go that low. Maybe if I took up smoking haha!

Any ideas what I could do with my voice to make a few more videos with?

Great to hear you guys like it! I am on vacation right now and plan to hit up a few of the fast food joints around where i am at.

I actually hit up a place called Culvers (didnt film it though) and a girl got on the mic, then once i started talking it switched to a guy. I found that funny. And right before we left the original girl popped out the window and said "Nice special effects voice!"

That was really Awesome! I've been working on my Don LaFontaine voice for a while and it's really fun to bring it out in the middle of Conversation. The Optimus voice was prime though (Pun intended). I may have to try the Drive through thing once or tiwce with a few of my other voices. Great job though.

roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofllololololololololololololololoolololololoolol...... nevermind the vioce, the order, or any of the other guys. i loved how the chick at the mic kept on taking the order as if it was nothing special!!!!!!! XD i loved it. now you have to find someone who can do the megatron voice and have an epic voice battle while ordering a burger.

best moment of my day

I was gonna post my voices in another thread, but I thought this one would be more suitable, I hope nobody minds.

btw, you might not get these if you don't live in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah!!! Very much the lol :) I'd love to get into voice work... I've been told I naturally sound like a cartoon character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back