There's Not Really A Lot Of Girl Here,are There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, wuh?
I never knew fiberglass was THAT bad.
I've been going totally unprotected.

Looks like I'm on the line up for cancer.. :(

but then again, these days, what doesn't cause cancer?

also look for resin with low or zero VOC.

you can use that resin outside with no mask. but if you're young like you guys are . use a mask.

Jax Archillies said:
also look for resin with low or zero VOC.

you can use that resin outside with no mask. but if you're young like you guys are . use a mask.
Always use a mask when working with or around these chemicals. No exceptions. If you're unsure of the precautions to use with a certain type of chemical check it's MSDS Sheet for proper safety in handling and use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearsofhalo said:
dude you should be more careful. i guess someone didn't bother reading the safety stickies. tsk. tsk.

I would have read the safety stickies if I knew about this site when I first started messing with chemicals :p
I rarely use masks, and if I do use masks, I buy those cheap ones, that seem to make no difference so I don't bother :p

I use goggles more now, since I've had grinder sparks in my eyes, a can of spray paint explode in my eyes (peirced it by accident) and I've had paint stripper in my eyes.

Trust me, it all hurts, lots. Sometimes goggles are no protection though. I once did some welding, and I took my welding mask off, and put the goggles on, and a piece of red hot flux chipped off and flew into my goggles, burned straight through and still went into my eye :p

Also, I don't use resin. I use a special fiberglass PVA. its similar, but doesn't stay as sticky and goes alot harder.

hell'z jumper said:
Hi there! at first i thought i was the youngest (12) Welcome to the forums!

P.s. I figured out (or was told) that the ladies and gentlemen here *cough* prefer the correct gramar ... gosh i hope i didnt spell that wrong! So just a tip! :lol:

.........Grammer***:p

Welcome to the 405th, I've only been here for like 2 or 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back