Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shade said:
Hey is that a Reach Helmet I see in the background in your latest update?

Yep, that's one of Brandon McClain's. If you're thinking of picking up a copy for yourself, don't hesitate. He makes strong, clean casts and it's a beautiful build. I'll post pics once I've finished the paintjob. For now I'm still shopping for some nice screencaps from the Reach trailer.

Deathcoreknight said:
hey thor can u send me a pm please and nice work very nice

PM sent.

TehEl1te said:
I love how you have tons of helmets sitting and hanging around! I want my work area to be like that! hahaha. Such nice work bro!:skull El1te

It was much more interesting when I was building my Predator suit a few years back. There were a bunch of things like this hanging around:

Finalarrangement003.jpg

I spent all day yesterday cleaning the shop, so it looks a lot bigger than it did in that last post. I'll snap a few more pics tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I found the floor in my shop again:

4576946087_9263612b99_o.jpg

I also spent a couple of days cranking out castings instead of making progress on new prototypes. I'll be back to work on the large torso tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

HAha, i can spot like 6 various Mark helmets in the first pic >_>

nice job on the cleanup, and amazing detail on those small parts.

soul products said:
is that a black emile helmet i saw?

I think you spotted my Republic Commando WIP:

4560147050_536e0fdc7f_o.jpg

It still needs quite a bit more fairing and smoothing, then detailing, molding, and casting.

It has been a while since I looked on this tread and it is still going great your work is an inspiration. I also wish I had a workshop and it to be full of armor like yours :D

Digital desert Chief!!!! I love that paint job!!!! Very nice customization. Is that something you did yourself, or have done? Either way, like you said, NEATO.

This is probably the most detailed armor i've seen yet! amazing! i was wondering what books and stuff you used for reference with the silicone casting?

It took me like an hour to read through this whole thread. I guess that goes to show you just how awesome your work is, because it was so interesting and educational to read.

I love the camo helm. XD

Vow_Of_Pity said:
This is probably the most detailed armor i've seen yet! amazing! i was wondering what books and stuff you used for reference with the silicone casting?

I'm sure I've mentioned it half a dozen times, but the best book is "The Prop Maker's Molding and Casting Handbook" by Thurston James. I swear I've plugged this book so many times that the author should start giving me a commission. Other than that, I've learned most of what I know from online research and a LOT of trial and error.

Anyhow...

Not a lot of progress today. The biggest step forward was when I primed the prototype for the large torso armor to get a better idea of how it's coming along. Here's some snapshots (apologies for the crappy cellphone pics):

4587428989_ded316bd34_o.jpg

The details at the back of the neck are coming along:

4588050278_2e97cd4266_o.jpg

I still need to add the rivet details under the vents in the back as well as the details between the shoulders in the back:

4588050358_dcb0162e07_o.jpg

The inside needs a bit more attention too:

4587429087_062370725a_o.jpg

And finally, I've made small steps toward completing the shoulder boxes:

4587428909_1fae90ceb9_o.jpg

Stay tuned...

Once again, great update! I can only imagine how great this stuff looks in person. Pictures just never seem to do stuff justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back