Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy one.

If your serious about making another Hi-Res Mark V, I'd pay a fair price for an unfinished one if you'd cast it in resin. I'd rather have one of yours and work on it than Pep my own again haha.

Seriously, I'd buy one.

OH, and I see you have another CTHULHU book end up on ebay. Didn't you mention a hint about what price it would accept? I may buy that at least.

If your serious about making another Hi-Res Mark V, I'd pay a fair price for an unfinished one if you'd cast it in resin. I'd rather have one of yours and work on it than Pep my own again haha.

Seriously, I'd buy one.

OH, and I see you have another CTHULHU book end up on ebay. Didn't you mention a hint about what price it would accept? I may buy that at least.

Whenever I find or make a 3D file I can feed to Lopez, I'll be making one.

For the Cthulhu thinker, it's just an auction. I think the reserve is set to $35.

where do you get the print outs i want to make one myself!

Where do these guys keep coming from? Why do they keep posting these questions here instead of reading any of the oodles and gobs of posts where it's been explained?

Sorry, these kinds of posts irritate me and I have to sign off now. All I've been doing today is doodling pinups in photoshop anyway:
5146745409_31cabf111c_z.jpg

the only thing to say: I whish I'd had been there ;D
awsome Thor! congrats for that job! awsome... awsome... awsome...

Even if it might sound like I'm repeating myself... awsome :D

oh and by the way: I need more pics ;D

Whenever I find or make a 3D file I can feed to Lopez, I'll be making one.

For the Cthulhu thinker, it's just an auction. I think the reserve is set to $35.

So what don't you like about Squirrels Version of the Mark V?

I've pepped it twice and fiberglassed it once so far and the only thing that gets me is the two visor shades (mine always seem to point a bit up and not flat, maybe Bondo will fix....), other than that I like it way more than the Halo PC version. Not a big fan of the pep for Reach's either.

If you made a mold for Squirrels version I would pay the expense to pump out one more. Seriously. It would help my suit along!

PS, saw that you made the front page on HBO, very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wow, fantastic job! A negative critic might point out what flaws your armor have, but I think it is truly amazing that you've finally finished! Projects like these are the ones that inspire others (like me) to follow in the footsteps of armor-making.

On a different note, will you start another build or futher refine this one? You pointed out that you're missing Donut, Tex and Tucker, and about Caboose's helmet. What about Wash or the Meta? Or maybe Noble team? Just throwing stuff out there. I want to see more or your work!

Where do these guys keep coming from? Why do they keep posting these questions here instead of reading any of the oodles and gobs of posts where it's been explained?

Sorry, these kinds of posts irritate me and I have to sign off now. All I've been doing today is doodling pinups in photoshop anyway:

They come from the bowels of the internet, where 13 year old teenagers are pampered and spoiled by their parents, and expect everything spoon-fed to them (not you, Rhinoic. You have good forum manners). Believe me, they make me angry as well.

I only hope that I can build armor like you, so my WIP thread can be invaded by these types of evil irritating posts. You, sir, are what legends are made of.

So what don't you like about Squirrels Version of the Mark V?...If you made a mold for Squirrels version I would pay the expense to pump out one more. Seriously. It would help my suit along!

I'm not sure what it is exactly. It just seems like the proportions are a bit off. All of the details are there, it just seems like it should be longer and narrower. That said, I sliced the model up, tweaked the proportions a little, and had Lopez start carving it out this morning. I'll update my Reconstruction Caboose Helmet build thread when I've got some pics to post there. It's been over a year since I revisited that little project.

PS, saw that you made the front page on HBO, very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Can you post a link?

On a different note, will you start another build or futher refine this one? You pointed out that you're missing Donut, Tex and Tucker, and about Caboose's helmet. What about Wash or the Meta? Or maybe Noble team? Just throwing stuff out there. I want to see more or your work!

I've got some more weapons I plan to make. I'll post updates on those in my weapons thread as I make progress. I just started the BR55 the other day and when that's done I've got at least one or two more great ideas I don't want to brag about until I've got something to show for it. Stand by for more on that.

I also plan to refine some aspects of the suits I've got as well as finish the characters we haven't got. I do have the Tex suit built, but both of the ladies that had offered to wear it out on Halloween ended up cancelling on me. I've got a guy for Tucker, but I have yet to build the suit. My shop assistant wants the Donut suit (pretty much just because it's pink) and so far we've made her a helmet, boots, half of the diaper, and the waist section of her undersuit. I painted my Ithaca EVA helmet to match the Meta and one of the guys is really excited about making a Wash suit, so there will probably be more to come in that department.

Not sure if you have seen this yet, but my friend sent me this link from stumbleupon.com
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/714d3...0/11/shawn_thorssons_insane_halo_costumi.html

Yeah, that blog entry got all over the internets. I usually get about 70 to 120 hits on my blog every day. The day after I posted that I got 54,176 hits in one day! Crazy.

They come from the bowels of the internet, where 13 year old teenagers are pampered and spoiled by their parents, and expect everything spoon-fed to them...

Funny thing: he still hasn't posted anything else. I guess I was right to ignore that one.

I need more pics ;D

Ask and ye shall receive.

First up, my sister got her helmet a while back and finally got a chance to go down to the armory on her base and send me a few pics:
149679_1459841782410_1424378313_31103169_1993116_n.jpg

149972_1459842662432_1424378313_31103173_1477783_n.jpg

Then there's also a few more pics which friends have posted to their facebook pages since HALOween. For example, here I am at the ATM before we started drinking:
76870_1331553509064_1837810520_652371_8120002_n.jpg

Here's some drunk chick who's boyfriend wanted pictures of with us:
36171_1331554669093_1837810520_652374_1254218_n.jpg

On a more wholesome note, I kept getting stopped by high school girls who had to pose with me:
148493_1641379445068_1554293537_1584172_5874266_n.jpg

Here's a couple of the guys mostly dressed in the workshop:
76598_1641373164911_1554293537_1584130_1143991_n.jpg

72202_1641377645023_1554293537_1584162_120135_n.jpg

And finally, here's a couple more embarrassing pics from the build process:
148722_1641370404842_1554293537_1584106_2257404_n.jpg

149589_1641376284989_1554293537_1584153_2724959_n.jpg

Stay tuned. Sooner or later I'll get a professional-quality photoshoot of the lot of us...

I'm not sure what it is exactly. It just seems like the proportions are a bit off. All of the details are there, it just seems like it should be longer and narrower. That said, I sliced the model up, tweaked the proportions a little, and had Lopez start carving it out this morning. I'll update my Reconstruction Caboose Helmet build thread when I've got some pics to post there. It's been over a year since I revisited that little project.

Can you post a link?

Here you go! I will follow your thread for the Mark V while I keep working on my own. I hope you get to a point where you'll take an order or two
http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=31676

I do have the Tex suit built, but both of the ladies that had offered to wear it out on Halloween ended up cancelling on me.
THE FOOLS! How could they pass that up? If I was anywhere near you, I'd be all over that. I LOVE Tex.

PS: I think it goes without saying that this thread is full of awesome. So much awesome that it has created a singularity who's gravity is sucking us all in. Noobs are lighter though, and fly in at higher speeds, which must be why they can't read... spinning about the nexus too fast turns all the words to a blur.

Noobs are lighter though, and fly in at higher speeds, which must be why they can't read... spinning about the nexus too fast turns all the words to a blur.

No, because I'm a noob and I've got enough attention-gravity to maintain a patient orbit around the high-awesomeness threads. I think it's because many people are full of laziness, which has a higher density than work-hardedness, and therefore more inertia. Lazy people fly through at high velocity and, due to their mass, their vector is only affected enough for them to drop an inane, redundant question, and never come back for the answer, let alone find it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back