Thoughts On Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the exact same thing I think about every other game... I'll wait until it comes out.

As for theories on Cortana, what the title is all about, and all the rest... well I've only really figured out 2 things.

1) Because Cortana was a clone of Halsey, in theory, even if fragments of her biological structure were to survive she could in theory be rebuilt. She might not be the exact same... some memory loss. But from a data recovery standpoint, even with today's very basic technologies we can recover most of corrupted data files from storage devices... maybe not all of them... but a shadow of the whole can be made. I'm guessing they will go that route... because they can't actually fully kill Cortana... right? I'm not in denial, you're in denial.

2) Infinity is a reference to earth. Towards the beginning of Halo 4 that was made fairly clear when Chief is at the cartographer on Requiem. Where I'm going with this, I don't know... but maybe the game will take place mostly on Earth once 117 gets off that damn floating space garbage that he got pulled into on the teaser? Maybe it opens exactly like 4 did... but instead of Requiem you commandeer the boarding vessel and head back to a tattered earth?

Now a question posed to you all (even though this is right before the gameplay reveal, so it may not get many hits before then), but has this game been confirmed as "Halo 6" in the chronology?

For me I had a random thought that this may be a prequel of sorts, since we see Chief going back to a more classic MK 6 look. This may just be a dumb question from me, since I know nothing of the chronology of the Halo Wars games or the enemy faction The Banished

Now a question posed to you all (even though this is right before the gameplay reveal, so it may not get many hits before then), but has this game been confirmed as "Halo 6" in the chronology?

For me I had a random thought that this may be a prequel of sorts, since we see Chief going back to a more classic MK 6 look. This may just be a dumb question from me, since I know nothing of the chronology of the Halo Wars games or the enemy faction The Banished
The Banished are a faction that arose from the Human Covenant War. So, nope, not a prequel. Best guess is that it will be either immediately or very shortly after the events of 5. The suit is fan service (and rightly so in my humble opinion). I think they are going to try to make Infinite the equivalent of The Force Awakens to A New Hope. There will be an eerie similarity, they will be aiming to provide as much nostalgia as possible as an apology for Jar Jar Binks (aka H5: Guardians).

yeah, i am not a fan of it....halo 4 and 5 looked better to me and i dislike the weapon styles.
Should have brought back classic halo look 1:1 only enhanced like they did in h2 anniversary.
Gameplay seemed rushed, but maybe it was because they wanted to show as much as possible in a short demo. could still be an alpha build.
I am kinda disapointed:cautious:

Also the "Community" is so toxic about it, who cares about sprint? Looks like you need it in that kind of semi open world/ sandbox game.
The Mjolnir trailer looked real good tho....

Unpopular opinion: I am annoyed by brohammer, but that`s just me.

Also the "Community" is so toxic about it, who cares about sprint? Looks like you need it in that kind of semi open world/ sandbox game.
The Mjolnir trailer looked real good tho....

Unpopular opinion: I am annoyed by brohammer, but that`s just me.
Brohammer was one of the few things I didn’t like. Not a fan of a tantrum throwing child as a companion. Hopefully he is just temporary and fast travel can be done via portals like in the end of Halo 4.
But the gameplay, mechanics, and some elements of the open world are very interesting/ exciting. There seems to be a fair bit of nostalgia. I would have liked more of the classic guns, but I’m sure they are in there and they were just showing off the new stuff for the demo.
I loved the leg shot on the brute that tripped him up. Having that limb based impact reaction will be a cool add.

Couldn’t be more excited. I think it has a very classic halo feel all while bringing something fresh and new. Almost like hints of all the halos. I’ve always been more of a multiplayer guy myself so I’m really biting my cheek until I see what they’ve done in that department. All in all, I’m not a fair weather Halo fan so I’m just going to love what 5 years in the making has produced for us. It’s been far too long to be disappointed

My standard approach of "wait and see" will be used.

Of course I'm excited for the open world concept to be confirmed, but how much are we actually going to be able to do? And I share some of the concerns in terms of looks and feels, but I am hoping that it was an alpha build.

Also I need to play Halo Wars 2 to learn about the Banished, because I saw some of the classic-styled Elites with the Brutes and was freaking out and questioning why?

I had assumed that the change in art style back to the Old School style suits was going to be explained away as having to do with Cortana and The Created, and needing to re vert to older Tech that would less susceptible to AI intrusion, control, and influence, but after the trailer my biggest reaction is What about Cortana and The Created?

Chief's dialogue makes The Banished out to be the Big Bad and greatest threat, (If we don't defeat the Banished there won't be a Home) But Halo 5's cliff hanger was all about The Created. The conversation with the Red Hologram mentions the "The Harbinger," who I guess is Cortana? Leading up to the Trailer I had assumed the Banished would be working for Cortana. However, the hologram's dialogue just mentions that the Banished and "The Harbinger" simply share "The same goal." Just share a goal, and he doesn't call the "The Harbinger" Our Master or Our Leader or even Our Ally.

Just feels like we are missing a huge chunk of story of how we from fleeing The Created and their built up as impossible to defeat Forerunner army and almost all of Humanity's AI turning against the UNSC, to the Banished being the Big Bad who are Chief's primary focus.

I had assumed that the change in art style back to the Old School style suits was going to be explained away as having to do with Cortana and The Created, and needing to re vert to older Tech that would less susceptible to AI intrusion, control, and influence, but after the trailer my biggest reaction is What about Cortana and The Created?

Chief's dialogue makes The Banished out to be the Big Bad and greatest threat, (If we don't defeat the Banished there won't be a Home) But Halo 5's cliff hanger was all about The Created. The conversation with the Red Hologram mentions the "The Harbinger," who I guess is Cortana? Leading up to the Trailer I had assumed the Banished would be working for Cortana. However, the hologram's dialogue just mentions that the Banished and "The Harbinger" simply share "The same goal." Just share a goal, and he doesn't call the "The Harbinger" Our Master or Our Leader or even Our Ally.

Just feels like we are missing a huge chunk of story of how we from fleeing The Created and their built up as impossible to defeat Forerunner army and almost all of Humanity's AI turning against the UNSC, to the Banished being the Big Bad who are Chief's primary focus.
I mean... it was a 5 minute trailer to show off gameplay... not an overview of what the entire plot would be. I’m glad they didn’t go the movie trailer route with massive spoilers outlining the whole plot. I’m sure they will address Cortana in the game. Lots of tidbits and Easter eggs point to her being a big part of the plot.

I haven't seen anyone really talk about this before but there is an upgrades tab on the map screen from yesterday.

Map.png

I'll be really curious to see what this ends up being.

There is actually a waypoint article that address a lot of questions people have. The demo trailer is not your first mission in Halo infinite, in fact I think they said it may be an hour into gameplay etc. regardless there will be answers before you just crash land on Halo. They’ve also stated this is a spiritual reboot, meaning new players will be able to come on board and not feel lost while older players will be able to link key moments to past halos. I personally think halo 4/5 were terrible campaigns in which the story took a turn for the worse and become extremely confusing. I’m happy there are going back to their roots

I had the same thought about the armor, I mean having to revert to old tech because of the AIs going AWOL make a ton of sense to me.

And as a human surviving through H5:G, I would be MUCH more concerned about the gigantic, slipspace-using Guardians than a bunch of angry aliens. So right now I'm thinking that the Banished kind of swooped in during all the confusion and hit the humans with a surprise attack and they're only the immediate threat. Maybe the first half of the game they're the main enemy, then they switch it back to the Forerunners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back