Timecon's Ironman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I must ask one thing, what do you sand the bondo with, and how many layers do you usually do?

timecon said:
wrising is correct, you dont even need the tabs so it saves a lot of room on the paper when you print it out and you dont have to use card stock unless you want too.

ok so I've remade dancing_fools chest to better fit the overall suit it took most of a day to finish it and I'll still have to remake the flaps that go on the back but I'm much happier with this size now, I'll be putting in a little plastic just to reinforce it a little more before bondoing when the weather gets warmer. so her are some test fitting photo's

dc2c43b0.jpg

89473e2d.jpg

Hey awesome job on the armor so far! Looks so awesome. But i did have one question if i may. What are your measure points your using for the chest piece both front and back. Im just trying to figure this all out, lol. Thanks if you can answer this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tim, I noticed your back has "475" printed on it, so you scaled it to the same as the chest?

I was thinking of what scale to make the back and DF said to scale it the same ratio as the back. So if you up scaled the chest to 475 then the back should be 431. That way parts will all line up properly.

eg.

[attachment=14859:IronMan chest and back.jpg]

Johnny

you are some what correct but to make it easier on you open the back scale it, I used 47.5cm/475mm then import the chest and any other parts to make it the right size and just print what you want to build first

Can't wait to see more progress this is a great build, very nice.

Would you have a link to or can you tell me where to find the file for the spine section of you build. I have the chest and back + flaps but I can't seem to find the spine anywhere. Thanks

update: I'm working on the flaps for the chest but just got my first patch of clear parts for the arc reactor and also starting to add the copper to the solid parts not much but here you go.

6db483bc.jpg

timecon said:
update: I'm working on the flaps for the chest but just got my first patch of clear parts for the arc reactor and also starting to add the copper to the solid parts not much but here you go.

6db483bc.jpg

Looks great, let me know if you are planning to sell those pieces, because I'll definitely buy it

You have to be one best people to follow and to see how your stuff progesses. Man I'm going to have to watch this as it goes on, cant wait to see it finished.

sidewayz said:
You have to be one best people to follow and to see how your stuff progesses. Man I'm going to have to watch this as it goes on, cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks sidewayz by the looks of your profile pics looks like your armor is coming along great too!

jdawg224

I'm thinking of putting kits together but instead of taking orders, I might just make a few kits then make them avalible I'll keep you updated.

timecon said:
Thanks sidewayz by the looks of your profile pics looks like your armor is coming along great too!

jdawg224

I'm thinking of putting kits together but instead of taking orders, I might just make a few kits then make them avalible I'll keep you updated.

I'd be interested in a kit as well if you wouldn't mind keeping me in mind.

Excellent work by the way!

Man Tim your doing an awesome job on this and its been so helpful reading this thread (ive read it like 20 times or so trying to pick out ever little piece of information that i can). I just want to thank you so much and keep up the great work man, it looks awesome!

ok Ive been away for a few days on tues it was my birthday and I decided to do something different/custom other than just ironman stuff, so this is what I came up with its not quite finished it needs some lights and padding but I wanted to share

you may reconize different parts

5dfb0289.jpg

90e266b2.jpg

880d0528.jpg

once I have the lights in I'll probably put up a vid

thumbs up dude, finally something custom, now i might be motavated to put up my war machine, obtw do you find putting the bondo over the cardboard pretty easy as far as the sturdyness of the board?

troubleis1983 said:
thumbs up dude, finally something custom, now i might be motavated to put up my war machine, obtw do you find putting the bondo over the cardboard pretty easy as far as the sturdyness of the board?

I believe he's reinforced the inside with plastic, so it's quite strong and sturdy now.

Jonny said:
I believe he's reinforced the inside with plastic, so it's quite strong and sturdy now.

I actually just took a ironman helmet cast and added the bondo strait on to the cast

ed2fb8fb.jpg

b7d7163f.jpg

90f8eb29.jpg

also the lens is left over from my mc helmet visor that I carefully cut out and the out edge is from a makeup thing my wife was throwing away and the circle vents on the side are made from parts from a starwars episode 3 helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back