Timecon's Ironman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skupilkinson said:
I'm not saying much. I'm fed up of telling you how good you are Tim. LOL!!!

lol sorry skip thanks though! I am a little frustrated with not being able to get more done on this, it would already been done if I had a warm shop or garage to work in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's looking really good Tim. I have a question about the cardboard, do you buy it from the post office? do you get it in bulk? I'm thinking about just printing directly to the cardboard without tabs using the cricut and just skipping the cardstock all together. Definitely excited to try out your method.

Dancin_Fool said:
It's looking really good Tim. I have a question about the cardboard, do you buy it from the post office? do you get it in bulk? I'm thinking about just printing directly to the cardboard without tabs using the cricut and just skipping the cardstock all together. Definitely excited to try out your method.

I dont buy the cardboard its free, I know my printer couldnt handel it, but if you have one that can sure might save you the time

timecon said:
I dont buy the cardboard its free, I know my printer couldnt handel it, but if you have one that can sure might save you the time

Nice, I wish I had that kind of hookup. I wouldn't be doing it through a printer. The Cricut doubles as a plotter by replacing the cutter with a pen so I would use that rather than a printer.

Dancin_Fool said:
Nice, I wish I had that kind of hookup. I wouldn't be doing it through a printer. The Cricut doubles as a plotter by replacing the cutter with a pen so I would use that rather than a printer.

Oh I feel really stupid I just relized your in canada, see at the us the postal service they gives anyone free boxes to ship stuff in mind you they only have like 5 sizes but they do the job for most small things

hey everyone I've been gone awhile they blocked the 405th at work. and I know they are a few people waiting for responses but Ive been working hard and havent really had time to catch up on anything on the forum. with that said I have been working on my ironman because the weather finally got up to 50 on tue and wed and I couldnt waste any oportunity to work on this project. so heres the pics

0aa29376.jpg

eb850e3a.jpg

8f128a2d.jpg

a657bfa8.jpg

ea707347.jpg

4032878a.jpg

thanks skip!

and it all thanks to you dancing fool your models they are the best for me and I cant wait for your legs keep up the great work!

timecon said:
thanks skip!

and it all thanks to you dancing fool your models they are the best for me and I cant wait for your legs keep up the great work!

Argh, stop working faster than me on this :(

Looks great Tim. I hope to catch up to you after I finish my sprint of Halo helmets.

First of all AMAZING work on your Iron Man I am very jealous...I am new to the world of Pep since I am kind of old school in that I make a lot of my costumes from scratch. But I downloaded Dungbeetles helmet to give it a shot. IF it goes well, I might try a whole suit! But for now, just the helmet! Anyhow, I noticed you said you needed to scale it a bit. I am 6' tall and have nearly a 24" head, yeah big melon. Do you think I need to scale it or will it work for me? If so and you can give me a hint on how to enter it so I get it right, that would be great too!! Thanks in advance!!

Darth Veach said:
First of all AMAZING work on your Iron Man I am very jealous...I am new to the world of Pep since I am kind of old school in that I make a lot of my costumes from scratch. But I downloaded Dungbeetles helmet to give it a shot. IF it goes well, I might try a whole suit! But for now, just the helmet! Anyhow, I noticed you said you needed to scale it a bit. I am 6' tall and have nearly a 24" head, yeah big melon. Do you think I need to scale it or will it work for me? If so and you can give me a hint on how to enter it so I get it right, that would be great too!! Thanks in advance!!

my advice as always on pep is that everyone is different, I always suggest building it at what the files was scaled at first that way it gives you practice and you can get an idea of the actual size, then you can ajust it from there. I'm not the best person to give advice on what size to make it as I have like 4 peped ironman helmet in different sizes already, all I can do is tell people what size I ended up with.

ok had somewhat of some nice weather this week on my days off got up to 48-50 degrees, I pepped another helmet to do in bondo since I dont think I'll have the money to mold the clay one before the release and I started working on that also did some arm stuff.

e715a87e.jpg

06e2866c.jpg

f061c318.jpg

b9918e06.jpg

3c6a88a5.jpg

801df248.jpg

I agree looking very good, coming together nicely. :) Where did you end up cutting the chest and back piece after all? And is you shoulder bell one piece or does it just fit together really nice? :) It's going to be a sweet looking suit.

wow Tim, that is so beautiful! The scaling is perfect on everything too. Its really awesome to see someone wearing the iron man suit so far

Send you an email fin and thanks mc my name is Tim Winn after all so I guess that counts and I'm glad you like it debean33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back