Timecon's Ironman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecon

Its been awhile since I started a thread but Im at work early so here we go,

edit yet again: also if your looking for warmachine stuff the wonderful Juice as provided a wonderful christmas present on his thread, hope you dont mind Juice

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23599&st=0&#entry377749

another edit: here is a sweet link to a thread done by supermanExtreme1 that has I think all the files from the various talent that the 405th has. this is what you need to get started enjoy

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23075&st=0

edit: found a thread I really liked in the noob section done by Clark industries a very well made 3d model I'm really liking the progress so I wanted to put a link to his thread in case you haven't seen his awsome work

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22783&st=0

video first

progress on upper arm so far.

sizing the pep

first layer of bondo

9718b71b.jpg

second layer

d907d161.jpg

end of the day progress

c74c2738.jpg

what it looks like with the concept war machine gauntlet

aae08383.jpg

Hope you like!

note: please dont hijack my thread with other pics or vids of your progress or of TMP's (EDIT:black Tony starks)or lee's ironman, if its out there chances are I already know about it. if you want to share details of an ironman suit you can pm me your thread or send me pics via pm or email to tim405th@yahoo.com, not trying to make anyone mad its just a pet peeve of mine.

but other wise feel free to make suggestions or comments

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to see you posting on here again Tim, been lousy without you.

Excellent work as always on the Iron Man suit, I look forward to seeing your progress.

RedTogusa said:
It's great to see you posting on here again Tim, been lousy without you.

Excellent work as always on the Iron Man suit, I look forward to seeing your progress.

actually yeh where have you been timecon? havent seen you on the forums in a fair while :)

whats pieces are you doing next? the legs?

Looking good, as always Tim... really liking the War Machine concept gauntlet. Glad to see you cranking out more armor builds!

Tim, What do you use to mask off areas where you want raised with bondo?

I've seen JediStumpy use Foamies on his Mark VI Helmet, Just curious as to your method.

that looks great! good start off! :) The sanding is gonna suck on that though, lol damn smooth metal to hell! Keep us updated! i would love to see this when it's complete

Tim, What do you use to mask off areas where you want raised with bondo?

masking tape

actually yeh where have you been timecon? havent seen you on the forums in a fair while

whats pieces are you doing next? the legs?

I've been here I just dont logon as much with the new site since I'm mostly viewing it through my iphone

I may do the legs next but Id really like to do the torso still waiting on a pep file I can be happy with working on.

Those pep pieces look great- I love that war machine arm. I also have to say that you are my evil twin on the Internet. In that top pic with the shoulder you look like I did last year with that style of glasses. I'd post a pic o myself, but I'm also on an iPhone. Great build, I'll be watching from my evil twin lair deep beneath the earths crust.

Rosh said:
Those pep pieces look great- I love that war machine arm. I also have to say that you are my evil twin on the Internet. In that top pic with the shoulder you look like I did last year with that style of glasses. I'd post a pic o myself, but I'm also on an iPhone. Great build, I'll be watching from my evil twin lair deep beneath the earths crust.

Lol! You have a evil layer dang lucky that means I must be the good twin with a lousy condo I can't sell

That's what happens to the good twin. That's why luke ended up on tatooine while vader had a deathstar- not twins but it illustrates how the badguy gets the cooler digs.

JUICE said:
Lookin' good Tim. That gauntlet is tyte.

Thanks JUICE! I just took the picture with the concept bicept but I still may make that guantlet interchangable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back