True RC Pelican WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I have pondered is seeing a real life, full scale Pelican being made. The two problems with the game's design are this:

1. The fuel lines for the thrusters in the gyrating wings would have to be both sturdy and flexible.
2. The fuel in general would need a lot of space. The bet solution to this would be to put anecterior hatch on the cockpit and take a few feet off the cargo bay for fueling storage.

Other than that, Bungie created a very usable design. Everything from the air intake for two larg cumbustion engines on the main wings, and two cutdown versions for the rear wings. The chin gun is sketchy, but most of the true Pelican is very functional.

That's a very interesting thought. I wonder if 343 would be able to get a partnership going with Boeing/Cessna/Northrop Grumman/someone else to make one that would land in Times Square for the release of Halo 5 or 6?

GREAT DAY UPDATE
I promised ya'll id get the pep done this weekend and guess what! after reinforcing a few spots (with tooth picks xD ) I finally completed the tail and let me just say she is a BEAUTY!!!! Check out her lines and curves for ur self. baby got front back and side to side ;)

imagejpeg_61.jpg

imagejpeg_51.jpg

imagejpeg_43.jpg

imagejpeg_36.jpg

imagejpeg_27.jpg

Now before i post this last picture i have to say it really surprised me. The tail literally balances out the front soo much that it pulls the CG (center of gravity) back to the point where it would sit with landing gear like a true pelican. i was like holy jesus if it weighs just like this when im done with the resin/fiberglass ima be in such perfect shape its not even gonna be funny its gonna be orgasmic! anyways check this CG pic for urself!

imagejpeg_26.jpg

That's so cool and awesome!

Todays update!

I hve great news for ya'll! i worked my butt off this mornin and now the pelican and all the wings are drying after a full coat of resin. i can already tell tho ill have some hardcore sanding to do but oh well thats the price for perfection right? lol. anyways took 3 hours but i got every little place covered. Ill be posting back tonight with pictures of the finished product.

That's a very interesting thought. I wonder if 343 would be able to get a partnership going with Boeing/Cessna/Northrop Grumman/someone else to make one that would land in Times Square for the release of Halo 5 or 6?

It would be something. It's basically a more advanced version of the Harrier jet. Fuel space is definitely the big problem. I would personally like to see it made by Lockheed.

It could be done. Heck i got a mate in the air force aviation dept. im sure hed be able to help out haha. In fact lets get australia to make a flying pelican !!!

nice work dude keep up the good work and hope to see it flying, i tried a test flight of a balsa longsword and UNFORTUNATELY, it dosent work.... BUT GOOD NEWS! im now making a falcon :) took some inspiration from other parts of this thread and have decided that a falcon is a more challenging task and has a higher chance of actually flying.

nice work dude keep up the good work and hope to see it flying, i tried a test flight of a balsa longsword and UNFORTUNATELY, it dosent work.... BUT GOOD NEWS! im now making a falcon :) took some inspiration from other parts of this thread and have decided that a falcon is a more challenging task and has a higher chance of actually flying.

YES! That is what I said he should try after this. Falcon would be PERFECT for the techniques he wants to use.

It would be something. It's basically a more advanced version of the Harrier jet. Fuel space is definitely the big problem. I would personally like to see it made by Lockheed.

Yes, that would be an issue, except that since it would probably only fly the one time, they could put a giant fuel tank in the cargo bay. I doubt many people would notice with the chief jumping out.

Yes, that would be an issue, except that since it would probably only fly the one time, they could put a giant fuel tank in the cargo bay. I doubt many people would notice with the chief jumping out.

I was thinking more on the lines of FULL MILITARY USE. It would be a waste of money to make a multi-million dollar showpiece. My point was that we are SO close to the technology. If we could get a smaller fuel source that created more thrust with less volume, then bingo, we have the missing piece.

Hello everyone! I apologize for the long time without any posts. I just got home from college and well lets just say my ass still hurts from all the quizzes and tests. I missed my goodies. In my absence I havent really done too much. I worked on some pep files for a Sgt. Forge pepakura but thats it. I came home to my pelican. (GOD IVE MISSED HER) sitting there all beautiful and what not. I also did more research into it. Its alot harder than i woulda thought. Not to make fly but control wise. I still havent decided wat im going to do with it yet we'll I have a thought or two but we shall see how it goes... Anyways, Pelican C594 is sitting partially assembled with a light coat of resin on her. She has some bumbs and ridges but so far she aint warped a bit. Damn shes a tough one. I plan on givin her another coat of resin (outside cuz its kinda hard to get inside of her at the moment) then resin the cargo bay. (I may be removing it so that I will have more room for electonics and the Duct fan Im looking into putting there. I was considering putting in a 110mm EDF and leaving the entire cock pit open or putting in a fine black mesh that way air can still get in for th EDF to suck then running tubes out the rear of the EDF to each of the wings and having the tips of the wings rotate like a harrier. Anyways we will see how this goes. Im just gonna play with her a bit. again sorry for the late late late post! I shall try to update as much as possible. Thank you for ur continued support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back