True RC Pelican WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah after i did research of my own I have come to the conclusion that i should beable to make it hover with the current size. Its gonna be tough to make it do both fly and hover tho. But im going to try. My problem atm is a powersource that can pump out the power needed so that all the engines arent draining one battery.

Okkkayyy, but what about the Balsa wood?

At the moment Im going to work with this one. resin itcut it open fiberglass it. build a decent stable frame for the electronics. Run holes for the gyros and wires also measure out the area for the engines. find out the weight get the power to weight ratio find engines that can roll with the necessary equipments and gyros. and alot of other things. I have a while before i can even begin the first hover trail. I have to do the majority of the Gyros and electricals first. If all is successful or if there are minor kinks to be worked out but the prototype can hover. Ill begin stage 2 and while im workin on getting the first prototype to fly im going to begin making a 2nd one twice as big out of balsa wood.

As for the Balsa wood. Yeah i agree it is very fragile but once I make it im going to fiberglass that as well. because the pelican will be twice the size it will also need twice the protection.

GOOD NIGHT UPDATE!
Hey all! Ive been workin hard today on it and ive gotten ALOT of work done. The entire underbelly is complete as well as the cargo hold. the area's where the fuselage meet the wing are also complete. Im slowly workin my way toward the nose and the rear. All i have to say is wow. It started off small and it is HUGE. its missing the entire tail section and it is still already 1-1.5 ft long. not to mention it is absolutely gorgeous! Ive also been lookin into a few things motor wise. Ive decided on 2 30mm edf engines for the rear and maybe either 4 30mm or 2 40mm for the front. Ill need to look at sizing and stuff but before all that can be done i need to resin and fiberglass it as well as start on the wiring and gryos. Enough of reading what i have to say more drooling at the pics! lol jk jk! Enjoy ya'll!

imagejpeg_6.jpg

imagejpeg_5.jpg

imagejpeg_41.jpg

imagejpeg_33.jpg

imagejpeg_23.jpg

This looks fantastic for just being a paper model. Even if you don't succeed at making the final product fly, you are going to have a BEAST model to show off.

GOOD NIGHT UPDATE

Hey all sorry i havent posted much today been very buzy and i will be tomorrow too. But I was able to get a good 2 hours of pepping in and ive made a good bit of progress. I finished the rest of the nose and started working my way from the cockpit to the middle. I wasnt able to get too far before i got tired. its been along day. I left the windows out when i made the cockpick area because after i resin it i plan to pimp it out with some tinted film. The fuselage should DEFINITELY be done by the end of the weekend and ready for bondo!!!! Before we get to that stage tho Im gonna ask you to help me decide my paint scheme. I was either thinkin a military green with a few black portions. or a flat gray with black portions. or just totally black. (ODST spec op pelican?)

Anyways here is the progress i was able to get tonight! Enjoy!

imagejpeg_42.jpg

imagejpeg_34.jpg

imagejpeg_24.jpg

Comment and tell me whatcha think so far :)

stop making me cry . echo 419 foehammer... this reminds me of her D:::

meh but i love your build so far. clean pepping :)

Hey, the UNSC called... They have a job for you in the prototype engineering department LOL!!! Great work man!

This is looking great still. Clean pepping. It's gotta be crazy difficult to get all that small detail in there.

Its been a long day update

And thus with the passing of a titan. Those who did not know her will not know the fire she had or how she effected others around her. Today my Grandmother died in the hospital at theage of 70 years old due to many failed organs and infection as well as too much stress on the body. She was a Spartan and she fought with the best of them and managed to pull a few miracles to her. She will always be remembered and honored for the amazing woman she was. Have fun in heaven grandma. Love ya!

Due to the unfortunate events of the day I havent even touched the pelican. It sits half pepped on my desk waiting to be completed. I apologize for the unfortunate news. I hope to have it finished by the end of the weekend. I will try my best. no promises tho. thank you! Stay tuned for more updates!

Its been a long day update

And thus with the passing of a titan. Those who did not know her will not know the fire she had or how she effected others around her. Today my Grandmother died in the hospital at theage of 70 years old due to many failed organs and infection as well as too much stress on the body. She was a Spartan and she fought with the best of them and managed to pull a few miracles to her. She will always be remembered and honored for the amazing woman she was. Have fun in heaven grandma. Love ya!

Due to the unfortunate events of the day I havent even touched the pelican. It sits half pepped on my desk waiting to be completed. I apologize for the unfortunate news. I hope to have it finished by the end of the weekend. I will try my best. no promises tho. thank you! Stay tuned for more updates!

Stay strong my friend.

so sorry to hear that dude, ive taken a little inspiration to your post and have started creating a balsa wood longsword based on old parts from a crappy foam rc plane i used to have, i have a budget of around £40 but that hasnt disheartened me yet, ill be creating a thread for the longsword and what materials i have in a couple of days, hopefully by then i will have the balsa wood and most of the tools i need to create it, it is battery powered and comes with charger so part of my job is done already, HOWEVER i am deeply concerned that the engines supplied with the model which was made out of super light foam will not be powerful enough to adequately lift balsa wood and some extra battery, i hope once i have some more funds from my birthday and christmas to be able to fully create a true V-TOL longsword with JETS! this is a major step from normal model making for me and the balsa wood prototype will just be a test to see if it is a viable option for a vtol longsword and if i should bother going ahead with the jet version, during the time after this has finished though i have many different spare pieces of electronics and am endeavouring to create a sniper rifle which although quite difficult at first i will have no problem with as i have many a time tried to create one and lost interest. good luck to you and your rc-pelican and i hope that it flies without too many crashes :) i will be checking up on this project every now and then because rc is something i am deeply interested in, especially when it is v-tol rc and the person in question is building a pelican :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back