True RC Pelican WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry for your loss Sparticus. Losing a loved one is one of the worst things to experience, but it sounds like you know she's in a better place. I'm sure she can rest easy, looking down on you and seeing you continue on, being strong as shadowyeti said.

Im sorry for that mate. But stay strong and keep your eyes headed to the future. Your grandma would have wanted that too i think .

I wish you the very best nothing less .... !

so sorry to hear that dude, ive taken a little inspiration to your post and have started creating a balsa wood longsword based on old parts from a crappy foam rc plane i used to have, i have a budget of around £40 but that hasnt disheartened me yet, ill be creating a thread for the longsword and what materials i have in a couple of days, hopefully by then i will have the balsa wood and most of the tools i need to create it, it is battery powered and comes with charger so part of my job is done already, HOWEVER i am deeply concerned that the engines supplied with the model which was made out of super light foam will not be powerful enough to adequately lift balsa wood and some extra battery, i hope once i have some more funds from my birthday and christmas to be able to fully create a true V-TOL longsword with JETS! this is a major step from normal model making for me and the balsa wood prototype will just be a test to see if it is a viable option for a vtol longsword and if i should bother going ahead with the jet version, during the time after this has finished though i have many different spare pieces of electronics and am endeavouring to create a sniper rifle which although quite difficult at first i will have no problem with as i have many a time tried to create one and lost interest. good luck to you and your rc-pelican and i hope that it flies without too many crashes :) i will be checking up on this project every now and then because rc is something i am deeply interested in, especially when it is v-tol rc and the person in question is building a pelican :)

Thank you for your motivation! Id love to see the longsword also! Maybe at a comicon once both are done we can set em side by side for those to admire!

I'm very sorry for your loss Sparticus. Losing a loved one is one of the worst things to experience, but it sounds like you know she's in a better place. I'm sure she can rest easy, looking down on you and seeing you continue on, being strong as shadowyeti said.

Thank you Carpathia. Im very sure she will be. Im hopin she'll give me luck to complete this in a timely and positive manner. again thank you.

Im sorry for that mate. But stay strong and keep your eyes headed to the future. Your grandma would have wanted that too i think .

I wish you the very best nothing less .... !

Thank you PB. I will stay strong as all of the UNSC and 405th has. We will continue on and give the world a V-TOL RC flying pelican! then make it bigger >:)

Good night update!

I had some major gf agroo this morning else i woulda made more progress. But progress none the less is progress. I finished the wing joints and made the entire cabin roof. I can alrdy tell i may need to put some supports in it but i also found a way to work some rudders into it. (they arent much but check out the halo reach pelican. it has 2 little nubs of a rudder) But anyways here are the glorious spoils of the day!

imagejpeg_35.jpg

imagejpeg_25.jpg

Also Im looking for someone who can do me a huge favor! Ive looked absolutely everywhere! and i cannot for the life of me find a halo reach pelican. Im lookin for somone to make the pepfile and unfold of it. If anyone knows anyone or if anyone would be so kind as to do that then tell them to message me or plz message me for the specs. Thank you very much for being such a supportive bunch of people :)

nice work. im actually going to to make one for my father. he loves the pelican. but all of that happens after i finish my halo reach armor

thanks, at the moment im disassembling an old foam rc plane and trying not to cut the airlon line, but i think i just did :( oh well, ive "borrowed" my sisters rc plane aswell (she wouldnt care she never used it) and have taken the engines and split the wires allowing the plane to now have 2 engines on each wing, that should provide enough lift, atleast for the balsa wood, unfortunately i do not know how much more lift im going to need as its not finished yet and the airlons probobally wont work meaning my longsword will have to use basic turn using the acceleration and decelleration of its engines, which has its definite setbacks although can prove to be very useful if i turn this into v-tol :) hopefully ill take the effort to create some snapshots of the project but i dont want to dissapoint you all with the small amount of work, im going to hold back on you all until i have some real work like the pictures in this post :), that way ill have some more motivation to actually finish this project

Good night update

Sorry ya'll no pics tonight. but i will say ive made ALOT of progress. almost the entire tail is done besdes a few bits of the sides and the roof. pepping should be done by the end of tomorrow hopefully so we'll see. Ill be putting pics up tomorrow so yeah. Im exhausted today. anyways. goodnight all.

great to hear that sparticus, im visiting an rc store and a model store tomorrow to look for some balsa wood sheets (and a good blade to cut them with) and suitable rc propellors, hopefully i can find somesort of built in rc propellor because as you might notice a longsword is incredibly difficult to mount engines discreetly onto, i was wondering what sort of motors or form of propulsion you will be putting on your pelican, as so far i can only find large propellors which would conflict with the large wings of the longsword

great to hear that sparticus, im visiting an rc store and a model store tomorrow to look for some balsa wood sheets (and a good blade to cut them with) and suitable rc propellors, hopefully i can find somesort of built in rc propellor because as you might notice a longsword is incredibly difficult to mount engines discreetly onto, i was wondering what sort of motors or form of propulsion you will be putting on your pelican, as so far i can only find large propellors which would conflict with the large wings of the longsword

Atm im going to work with hovering first. So i have 4 engines to be put in the 4 wings. the 2 in the front are going to be 40mm EDF jets and if that cant keep the front of the beast up then i may go with 2 30 mm jets. depending but the rear will have a 30mm jet in each wing. Once i stablize hovering then im lookin to put in 4 more jets for forward propulsion along with gyros so i can tilt the wings back. The thing with the pelican is that it has stubby wings no availibility for a rudder and it has the shape of a weird bus. So the thing with the pelican compared to the longsword is that its going to fly because of the brute force of the engines. where as the longsword has a nice long wing span as well as the availibility for 2 edf engines and flaps and a rudder. (u will hav eto custom make the rudder and flaps tho.)

First, Sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's tough.
Second, Awesome to see someone attempting this. I wish you luck with getting it airborne and achieving actual flight. I've only flew RC helis so I don't think I could give you anything useful to get you there since you probably don't want to have a rotor system . . . . :p LOL! I'm going to tag along though to see how you do.
Keep up the good work.

First, Sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's tough.
Second, Awesome to see someone attempting this. I wish you luck with getting it airborne and achieving actual flight. I've only flew RC helis so I don't think I could give you anything useful to get you there since you probably don't want to have a rotor system . . . . :p LOL! I'm going to tag along though to see how you do.
Keep up the good work.

Lol yeah i dont wnana do props at all. i refuse to cuz it will just take away from the pelicannesss of it. Im literally on my last piece of pep atm. i just took a break. once i finish it i need to find out how to reinfrce a few places that way they dont warp then find a way to make a stand for it and then after that its rdy for pep. I was probably gonna resin it tonight and go get the materials to make some temperary landing gear.

GREAT DAY UPDATE
I promised ya'll id get the pep done this weekend and guess what! after reinforcing a few spots (with tooth picks xD ) I finally completed the tail and let me just say she is a BEAUTY!!!! Check out her lines and curves for ur self. baby got front back and side to side ;)

imagejpeg_61.jpg

imagejpeg_51.jpg

imagejpeg_43.jpg

imagejpeg_36.jpg

imagejpeg_27.jpg

Now before i post this last picture i have to say it really surprised me. The tail literally balances out the front soo much that it pulls the CG (center of gravity) back to the point where it would sit with landing gear like a true pelican. i was like holy jesus if it weighs just like this when im done with the resin/fiberglass ima be in such perfect shape its not even gonna be funny its gonna be orgasmic! anyways check this CG pic for urself!

imagejpeg_26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back