TurboCharizard Makes an ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need this in my life..... I may need to sell my old kit and restart from the start

Wow. This is so glorious. Turbo this is an amazing build log and one heck of an ODST addition. Thank you for the breakdown so far. So many ODST's are cheering everywhere.
It's not really an amazing build log so much as two posts with a lot of likes :p
Hopefully someone will be able to glean some value from the images of these posts so far to help figure out the interconnection of the ODST armour plates.
secret project reveal! All aboard the ODST hype train toot toot
*toot toot*
*Happy jazz noises*
I believe that's a little something like this.
A) I am so proud my fellow CQB gang brother. You chose the right shoulder to make.
B) I am entirely blown away by the level of detail and work that you put into each piece. A lot of care was given to high tension/movement zones for a already semi-comfortable costume that is going to be next level now for a whole lot of people|
C) for the love of god thank you for making a file for the middle chest plate piece with the round bit. That thing has cursed every one of my build since it has existed.

All in all, this is making me want to print some of the core parts and make one final version of my suit with new bits of this added to it. I am blown away, again.
Always gotta be CQB. First in and making some noise.
My first ODST just had a bottle cap from Coca-Cola hot glued on for the core plate so this is definitely a step up.
I predict the mass of midwest odsts will continue to grow
ODSTs around the world rejoice!
Gimme gimme gimme!
H'okay! What do you need?
looks like i need to keep a very close watch on this little thread me thinks
Don't watch too closely or your eyes might fall out.
1611959220751.png

I'll take 2 large gauntlets,thank you
Why not four?
Amazing! Stepping up the game for all the current and future ODSTs out there.

*Looks at current suit then adds ODST rebuild to future project list*
Oh no. No rebuilds yet! You still have to break that one in!
I love this armor build already, I love that the backpack is able to open, I think it's really cool that it has a use instead of being a solid piece of plastic.
If it was solid plastic that thing would be like $100 to print and totally not fun to carry around :p

DARE now has a place to put her snacks.
dareruck4.png
dareruck1.png
dareruck2.png
dareruck3.png

The test prints are going down tomorrow. It should be rather quick since it's only seven pieces to make a backpack and Veronica has the little one because she's a secret agent or something. To make this one functional as a storage solution I couldn't hinge any of the plates to get the desired look so instead the top panel is removable and locks into place with some inner geometry shenanigans. Depending on how the print prototype goes I may add some mounts for magnets so that there's a more secure lock but I believe this design will be sufficient. Next up, finalizing Mickey's car phone thing he carries on his back.

DARE now has a place to put her snacks.
View attachment 302224View attachment 302221View attachment 302222View attachment 302223
The test prints are going down tomorrow. It should be rather quick since it's only seven pieces to make a backpack and Veronica has the little one because she's a secret agent or something. To make this one functional as a storage solution I couldn't hinge any of the plates to get the desired look so instead the top panel is removable and locks into place with some inner geometry shenanigans. Depending on how the print prototype goes I may add some mounts for magnets so that there's a more secure lock but I believe this design will be sufficient. Next up, finalizing Mickey's car phone thing he carries on his back.
Another snack holder, hide all of my gushers inside.

DARE now has a chest plate. Why is it different than the other ODSTs? Maybe she likes to keep snacks in the little cylinder underneath? Maybe being Miss Naval Intelligence means she gets special armour? I don't know man, I just work here.
darechestplate.png

I know I said it'd be Mickey's comms pack next but I bounce between Fusion projects to find a groove and the outstanding chest and abdominals for DARE as well as her unique buckles were calling to me. Hopefully I'll have those sections polished off shortly. As a test print this shouldn't be too bad and hopefully CplYapFlip will get some use out of it. Yes, the print orientation is weird but it's to preserve the details on the underside of the chest plate and keep the insert for the snack container relatively clean of support material which makes slapping pieces together easier.
1612240439817.png

Also my Armorsmith avatar is getting absolutely buried in parts. If anyone has a good method of laying out multiple armour sets in the program, I'm all ears.
1612240548521.png

now you're really making me want to get going on this build XD

the files look amazing. when can we get our grubby hands on them? (through your etsy of course ;) )
I'm aiming to have file packs available for Valentines Day (ladies like armour plating) but if there's a few pieces you need right away I'm always down to have more people testing parts and looking for dumb mistakes.

I have finally gotten over my jealousy enough to say holy crap this build is gorgeous! And I am totally interested in the packs' files. I really wanted to make a pack for my ODST and had no idea how to go about that. Now that I have a printer, I have a plan! Looking forward to watching this build progress!

Ten points to whomever can find a canon explanation of what the glowy green orb does other than give away DARE's position.
dareabs1.png
dareabs2.png
dareabs3.png

Armorsmith is starting to get a bit finnicky since I've crossed the 1M poly count on the avatar using the low poly exports from Fusion.
1612323233467.png

The only semi-transparent filament I have is two-ish years old and probably is a bit on the waterlogged side of the house but it might be worth a shot to print the glowy bit. Wish me luck and my printers even more luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back