Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have any finished pictures of the armor, i just want an idea of how to make it look. and which helmet model is this as in Mark V, Mark VI. Thank you

hey frizzle! I am new 2 pepakura and i would like to ask a few questions so if you could send me a message i will send you some of my questions!

P.S thanks for the best master chief helmet file!

i'm sorry if the question has been asked before,
i'm new to pepakura but....

i'm trying to build a Recon helmet and i cant get the numbers to print, can someone please explain how to get the numbers to print

Thanks for the great tutorial, was easy to follow and hopefully easy to start, (getting myself some cardstock today :D) hope to see you guys through a visor soon :p

Wow, thanks for all the work and time you've put in making this. It's going to very helpful in the future.

I am one those who have a mac. Is there an application for Mac OS X that would do what Pepakura does? Or at least something similar?

Infrantry-Spartan said:
Wow, thanks for all the work and time you've put in making this. It's going to very helpful in the future.

I am one those who have a mac. Is there an application for Mac OS X that would do what Pepakura does? Or at least something similar?
Not that I know of, I haven't found and Mac programs that will read a pdo file. If you have a PPC based Mac, try looking up Virtual PC on ebay, but make sure you get one with windows XP Home with it, that's what I have on my G4 powerbook and have been able to run windows progs that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know...I didn't know were to begin, I stumbled onto the site looking for other types of Sci-Fi armor...but this alone has made me want to create a set of armor.

This has to be one of the best Online Prop/Costuming sites I've ever seen..hands down one of the best ones..if not the best ones out there!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together...is going to be a great help...my biggest issue now is going to be Resizing...as I'm not a small guy.

QballFI said:
You know...I didn't know were to begin, I stumbled onto the site looking for other types of Sci-Fi armor...but this alone has made me want to create a set of armor.

This has to be one of the best Online Prop/Costuming sites I've ever seen..hands down one of the best ones..if not the best ones out there!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together...is going to be a great help...my biggest issue now is going to be Resizing...as I'm not a small guy.

Welcome to the 405th :)

NOW GET TO WORK!
64917662.S2ojHojA.whip.gif

-Harrison

Hey there guys,

I used the files on here and let me tell you... I'M SO EXCITED!!! Good job on the files Frizzlefry!!

I chose to go the cardboard route. I felt it would give it more strength and structure and minimize warping when resining. I have all the pieces of the suit made and I just need to resin them. Here are some pics:

The whole suit

The HELMET!!

The chest and biceps

The mid section

The lower section

Me wearing it for the first time!!

Back

So just a few things:
1. This armor is HUGE! Please scale it. I'm 6'7" and its big on me.
2. This armor is HOT temp wise, so if you're planning on wearing it on Halloween, please pace yourself when you drink (i.e. drinking in a hot tub or on the beach)
3. When you build with cardboard, you don't need the tabs, so just cut them off and hot glue the INSIDE joints together (I made the mistake of filling in the outside helmet joints with hot glue and it melts when you sand it)
4. I'm going to use Bondo body filler to fill in the joints and then resin the whole piece (veterans please tell me if this is cool)

That's pretty much it so far, more progress pics to come!

Let me know what you guys think!

The chest looks a little small (narrow across my body), info please!

Thanks

- VengeanceRealized

p.s. if this is in the wrong place please move or lock :)

SmileyFace69 said:
okay i got the program + the files, and i dont get what u do after there printed?
how do u know what to do ?
Read the very first post of this thread. You might as well the rest of the thread and the other stickies, too.

hey just a neat little tip: after you have completed your pep piece try giving it light from the inside...it really shows definition and lets you see imperfection that you can note later when fiberglassing and filling with bondo. this image shows my tip. :cool:
S7000299.jpg

Ha HA! Nice! I want a "Chief's Head" lamp too! :)

Just be careful about how long it stays there... the heat of the bulb could bring trouble.

InfiniTTTy said:
Ha HA! Nice! I want a "Chief's Head" lamp too! :)
Just be careful about how long it stays there... the heat of the bulb could bring trouble.

thank youo! i forgot to mention that. it wouldnt be pretty. and you are the second person that said "hey! a masterchief lamp i want one!" lol

ok i relise the tut but i cant figure this out i veiw and i did all the nessesary steps to print but when i print there is no lines just the numbers and i cant figure it out

wingstealer said:
ok i relise the tut but i cant figure this out i veiw and i did all the nessesary steps to print but when i print there is no lines just the numbers and i cant figure it out

where did you d/l your pdo file from? who is it by?

Great tutorial! I have just regietred here, seems to be a great forum for those like me (A nooby Halo fan that wants a Halo helmet xD) :D :D :D

Keep it up
/
8ibe

yea so i was making my armor from pep and it was all going well til i started adding foam so it would fit to my body. It was all fine yesterday, today i went to go check on it and the foam shrank and ruined my armor completely so i need to start from square one. i am not going to bother with making it out of pep now, i think i might do it out of foam coated in resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back