Props Type 32 Rapid Attack Vehicle (AKA Ghost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm still working on getting smoother edges on my foam builds so hopefully in the future everything can look a little less polygonal. Also, I'm really wanting to get back to work on the tank too, but it's going to have to wait until spring. Tank is currently buried under 5 feet of snow lol

I thought of something:
If you're concerned about the seams you can try rubberized roof patch. I got some of it on a pair of gloves last spring and it still won't come off. Its relatively cheap and usually isn't picky about curing conditions.

I'm going to be experimenting with some of the stuff once my bank account recovers from the Christmas season and make a thread of my results. I don't know if the sealant would eat through the foam or something.

I thought of something:
If you're concerned about the seams you can try rubberized roof patch. I got some of it on a pair of gloves last spring and it still won't come off. Its relatively cheap and usually isn't picky about curing conditions.

I'm going to be experimenting with some of the stuff once my bank account recovers from the Christmas season and make a thread of my results. I don't know if the sealant would eat through the foam or something.

I wouldn't think it would eat through the foam since it's most likely to be a rubber/tar substance. It may not sand at all though, so you'll have to take extra care when you apply it and make sure it's perfectly smooth before it dries. I'm still keen on using flexible drywall spackle as it's sandable easy to work with.

UPDATE!!
The metallic purple paint looks really good, but the silver still needs a few coats, as well as the black. Also found out that Walmart has stepped up their LED game, and now offer 2- 12" strip LEDs with a controller to change it to 15 different colors for $25. $5 more than just the basic color strips. Going to add the strips on the bottom to give the ghost a nice underglow effect. I'll still add lights to the front for the guns, and the back of the wings for the boost as well.

View attachment 251877
I like your armory(y)

UPDATE!!
I ran a 405th booth at a local con this past weekend, with arma358 as well. Was able to get suited up and ride the ghost around the parking lot for about 45min in total. Battery does seem to last the full 1 hour as I had hoped, even with it pushing uphill at some parts. Had a friend help shoot a video for me too, here's a link to that:

That is awesome!!! The video was so great. It looks awesome and hilarious at the same time. Such a brilliant idea.:D

First day back at school and my friend runs up and goes "reducted" check this out. He shows me the video, I lose my **** because it's perfect. He then asked if I knew who that was (my friends know I do cosplay and that I know in person at have seen online a lot of cool people)
My response " yeah.... He's also building a full size tank" and their jaws dropped

My brother sent me a gif of this video. I was proud in a nerdy sort of way that I am in the same group online as "that guy" haha. Pretty amazing work.
First day back at school and my friend runs up and goes "reducted" check this out. He shows me the video, I lose my **** because it's perfect. He then asked if I knew who that was (my friends know I do cosplay and that I know in person at have seen online a lot of cool people)
My response " yeah.... He's also building a full size tank" and their jaws dropped

You guys probably can't tell, but I'm blushing inside my helmet lol

UPDATE!!
I ran a 405th booth at a local con this past weekend, with arma358 as well. Was able to get suited up and ride the ghost around the parking lot for about 45min in total. Battery does seem to last the full 1 hour as I had hoped, even with it pushing uphill at some parts. Had a friend help shoot a video for me too, here's a link to that:
Love it!!! Awesome little scooter! I have to hand it to you. You have some pretty dam cool one of a kind builds!

This is pretty cool!
I think a little 2-stroke engine would help with the power issue. Would be really cool to see a full-size version bouncing along.

Only problem with going gas powered is that youre no longer able to have that running at a convention indoors. In order for a vehicle to be inside is to either be electric or to have all the gas lines disconnected and any other source of potential ignition removed. Any on car electronics will need to be able to be plugged in to a wall. Only reason I know this is I know a guy who has to do that with a delorean time machine. He has said he wishes he has one without an engine just to make it easier to go through the fire safety process.

Only problem with going gas powered is that youre no longer able to have that running at a convention indoors. In order for a vehicle to be inside is to either be electric or to have all the gas lines disconnected and any other source of potential ignition removed. Any on car electronics will need to be able to be plugged in to a wall. Only reason I know this is I know a guy who has to do that with a delorean time machine. He has said he wishes he has one without an engine just to make it easier to go through the fire safety process.

I see what you mean. Still would be cool to see a full-size one that could be run in parades for spreading the awesome that is the 405th.
That bit about engines is useful. I'll have to keep it in mind when my power armor gets to the point of display.

So back at the end of July I was able to suit up and take the ghost out on a run at our local state park/peninsula out on lake Erie. The entire run of the peninsula is 15 miles (24.14km), but I decided to play it safe and do a smaller run of 7 miles (11.26km). And I am impressed that I was able to make the whole run in just under an hour, with a little break here and there as well to take in the scenery. Unfortunately, the GoPro I was using burned through the available memory faster than I'd hoped (First time using a GoPro :unsure:) But, I did manage to get a few minutes of ride time recorded and put it up on my page. I plan on taking it back out there in the fall, when the weather isn't so hot and hopefully more people will be out jogging or biking. Cause as annoying as it is to move aside and let them pass, it's super enjoyable getting stopped for photos or to chat to the town locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back