Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if $200 is your limit...

KJW M700

it shoots around 450 fps with green gas and .2 gram bb's... (i would recommend using .25's though)

and from what i've heard, they're amazingly accurate

WOW. some of u guys spend way to much on airsoft. I would never go over $140 on one. And never have. I was supposed to get a TM g36c from this guy. I gave him my l96 sniper, and a gas nonblowback m9 pistol. But he wont pay up, ship my guns back, or ship me the g36c. So i have to go to his house and kick the $#!T out of him! :) But i moved on from airsoft to real fire arms!! I am looking to buy me the New Kriss smg .45 caliber. http://www.impactguns.com/store/KRISS-CRBSO.html

But i might make my custom m4 first.
myM.jpg

But here is my G36!!
stock3.jpg

Hope u like!

how do you guys know that the guns I listed suck?? all the reviews are awsome!!?? I'm not going to be playing with some team so I don't think I have to buy a really expensive gun. I don't want to spend over 150$ for the gun, and an ok scope. whats so bad about the M2...... the second sniper I linked to?

" I wouldn't buy anything from China, which includes the gun and the scope, but it seems you're on a budget so that would hopefully suit your needs."

whats so bad about china??? do they make not very good guns/ scopes? the reviews are pretty good.

one more thing, whats so bad about the MK96??

Warhead, I'm moving to real steel once I'm 18, only 2 months away. :D

But they did make a Kriss airsoft gun/making. I personally think its ugly, but I hear people like it.

And the nice thing about airsoft is you can actually shoot people with it--

Well, legally, and what not.

And Lizander, the guns are rated awesome because they are generally purchased by people like you, with a low budget. For what you're working with, it would probably be fine, I said I don't like China guns because they tend to not be as reliable. And as stated, cheap. For the scope, just look for anything from NCStar to leapers. etc. Like I said, try and go for a name brand.

And the MK96 is less accurate and reliable than the m324.

Btw you also asked what the sniper was in my picture---

It's Stars AW-338

Too expensive for you XP

Spartan 117x: thanks alot for your help, you helped me pick the better gun of the two, and have helped me gain a little more knowledge for airsoft guns and accessories. thanks you very much. I just have one more question, since I know which gun I am going to be buying. Is airsoft Gi a good site to buy from? I know you already rated it 3/3 but are they good wit hdeliveries? Have there been any problems with credit caards that you know about? thanks again.

EDIT: actually I think I will buy this gun: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2127
It has good reviews, and even if it is a noob gun, since I don't use my shotty too often, so I don't think I will use the sniper too often. I think it should last, plus it already comes with a decent scope. any thoughts?? plus it looks nice. please tell me if I'm being stupid and not thinking about what I'm going to buy. but for what I have in mind for it I think it will work out well. as well as these bb's: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2768
(see past post's if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

Airsoft GI is one of the best airsoft sites in the US so don't worry about them.

But the MK96 as stated, isn't as good as the m324, if you want a package deal for the m324, go to www.shortyusa.com and I'm pretty sure they have some.

thanks alot, I found a good scope too.
Edit: WHAT?? Shorties doesn't ship internationaly?? I'll find something on airsoft gi. thanks. In one of the reviews on airsoftgi someone said that the bolt broke after a week of use. is this because he was to rough on it do you think? thanks again. I'll find a good scope on airsoftgi. Oh one more question. when I add the gun, ammo and scope+ rings to the cart, it says that I have qualified for free ups ground shipping. does this mean that even though I'm in canada I get free shipping all the way to my door? do I have to pay tax on the items I buy from airsoft gi??

could you read this over and tell me if my gun can being shipped across the boarder??

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5044-eng.html

I'm not expectimg you to read the entire thing, but could you read the part related to airsoft guns??

or This part:

The following devices are prohibited from entering Canada:
silencers or devices designed to muffle or stop the sound of a firearm;
certain cartridge magazines above a given capacity. Generally, cartridge magazines are limited to 5 rounds for centre-fire, semi-automatic rifles or shotguns and 10 rounds for semiautomatic handguns, with exemptions for certain magazines;
bullpup stocks;
replica firearms (see additional information on replica firearms below); and
devices prohibited by regulations.
Replica firearms (prohibited devices)
Replica firearms:
are designed or intended to exactly resemble a firearm with near precision;
include most airsoft guns; and
are not reproductions of antique firearms.
Replica firearms are classified as prohibited devices. Individuals cannot import them into Canada.

For additional information regarding prohibited weapons and devices, please consult Memorandum D19-13-2, Importing and Exporting Firearms, Weapons and Devices - Customs Tariff, Criminal Code, Firearms Act, and Export and Import Permits Act, available through the "Publications and forms" link on our Web site at www.cbsa.gc.ca.

Firearms Classification
All firearms are classified as non-restricted, restricted or prohibited. If you are a visitor to Canada, you cannot import prohibited firearms under any circumstances. Canadian residents can not import newly acquired prohibited firearms under any circumstances.

Non-restricted firearms include:
semi-automatic rifles and shotguns with barrels that are at least 470 mm (18.5 inches) long, and do not otherwise fall into a restricted or prohibited category; and
single-shot or manual repeating rifles and shotguns of any length, as long as they are not designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm (26 inches) by folding, telescoping or other means.
Restricted firearms include:
most handguns;
semi-automatic rifles and shotguns that are capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition, have barrels between 105 mm (4.14 inches) and 470 mm (18.5 inches) long, and are not otherwise prohibited;
firearms designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm (26 inches) by folding, telescoping or other means; and
firearms restricted by regulations.
Prohibited firearms include:
handguns with barrels less than or equal to 105 mm (4.14 inches) long;
handguns designed or adapted to discharge a 25 or 32-calibre cartridge;
firearms adapted from rifles or shotguns by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, that, when adapted in this way, are less than 660 mm (26 inches) long or have a barrel that is less than 457 mm (18.5 inches) long;
automatic firearms, whether or not altered to fire in the manner of a semi-automatic firearm; and
firearms prohibited by regulations.
On the other hand, antique firearms are not considered firearms for licensing and registration purposes. Antique firearms include:

any firearms manufactured before 1898 that are not originally designed or redesigned to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition;
long guns manufactured in 1898 or later that are reproductions of flintlock, wheel-lock, or matchlock firearms; and
firearms that are classified as antique by regulations.
If you are a Canadian resident or a visitor to Canada, you can import firearms that are considered to be antiques under the Criminal Code. You do not need to register antique firearms, and you do not need a licence if you are the owner of antique firearms. Please note: safe storage and transportation requirements still apply.

For additional information regarding importation requirements for each class of firearm, see the section called "Firearms Import Procedures for Individuals."

For additional information regarding firearms classification, please consult Memorandum D19-13-2, available through the "Publications and forms" link on our Web site at www.cbsa.gc.ca.

Firearms specifications
Barrel length
Canadian law specifies that the barrel of a firearm must be measured to assist in determining the firearm's classification.

Barrel length is measured as follows:

a revolver is measured from the muzzle of the barrel to the breech, immediately in front of the cylinder; and
all other firearms are measured from the muzzle of the barrel up to and including the chamber, but not including the length of any part or accessory added to the barrel, including those designed or intended to suppress the muzzle flash or reduce the recoil, such as a flash suppressor (eliminator) or muzzle brake.
Muzzle velocity
Other barreled weapons, such as pellet guns, may be considered as non-restricted or restricted firearms if they meet the legal definition of a firearm and have a muzzle velocity of more than 152.4 metres (500 ft.) per second. Owners of such firearms have to meet all import, licence, registration and authorization requirements for non-restricted or restricted firearms.

If the muzzle velocity of a weapon is 152.4 metres (500 ft.) per second or less, the weapon may still, technically, be a firearm. However, owners of such weapons do not need a firearms licence, the weapons do not have to be registered, and owners do not need an authorization to transport such a weapon for importation purposes."

thanks again

do any of these rule make my gun ileagal?? the m324??

Well, on the bolt breaking part, he 1. probably was rough with it 2. might have upgraded it 3. got a lemon 4. could be the Chinese showing in it ;) but it was probably a lemon.

oooh, canada is a problem. Many people have difficulties getting airsoft guns in Canada.

I can't really tell you if it won't work or it will, but if you E-mail them then they should tell you.

I have the Marui Thompson and i love it....Have had it since 2003 and has never failed on me..shes in pieces at the mo for a refit.

The Thompson clones are meant to be just as good.

anonymous said:
I have a quick opinion question. What is the best sniper rifle that is available for purchase?

Yeah, you need to be more narrow, a lot of snipers can be great, but the best involve a LOT of money for upgrading.

So give us a price, and spring-gas-or electric.

Edit: and that is a marui thompson, but I know someone who has it and he loves it, and its been running for a long time.

Editx2: Guess it's not a marui

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the CA M15A4 Sportline. The only problem is that the battery is too small, but that is easily solved by charging it longer than usual. Other than that, it works like a charm, apprx. 300 FPS, can easily shoot through thin glass bottles. ;)

I'll try to get some pictures up later. I painted it Desert Camo on one side, and got the other side a mixture of both Greenland and Desert, perfect for the Norwegian forest. :cool: Some details are painted black, including the charging handle and the magazine. More to come later. ;)

Man it burns so bad that we can't get airsoft in australia yet. lucky americans/europeans :p. O well, only another half year to go.

Pretty much any Thompson out there is good..the TM's of course are awesome, but the Chinese replicas are actually pretty good too. As for the L96 being worse than the M324...I would say get neither, then. The 324 isn't worth your money.

The Kraken said:
As for the L96 being worse than the M324...I would say get neither, then. The 324 isn't worth your money.

How do you know it's so bad? all the reviews have been really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back