Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im willing to bet those ROF's are with .12's. which means that the AEG really fires at about 220 or so with 25's or 20's.

prolly need upgrades to make it competative on the field, but it seems a really good start.

Jax Archillies said:
im willing to bet those ROF's are with .12's. which means that the AEG really fires at about 220 or so with 25's or 20's.

prolly need upgrades to make it competative on the field, but it seems a really good start.
It says .2s but trust me, I guarantee you that it is much lower with .2s Airsplat has always had a nack for not listing accurate chrono velocity. But hey, thats falls under his category of what he wants. course I personally would not buy it, but who knows. Maybe it is good, the cheaper one was good for its time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I want to upgrade my ak47, which is actually just a kraken >.< but any ways I've been looking around for a new piston, piston head and cylinder, but I have noticed that some pistons have teeth all the way up the body of the piston, while some are only half way along the body, and some have no teeth. What are the differences between these other than the teeth? Does it matter what kind of coating or material the cylinders are made of? Do the different parts I have listed have to be the same make or manufacture? Does a sorbo pad on top of the piston head add any extra length I need to be carefull with? Why is it, with some piston heads, there are bearings, while with others, there aren't? What are some good names for these parts?
If you can answer any or all of my questions I will be extremely greatful. thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lizander @ Mar 6 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, I want to upgrade my ak47, which is actually just a kraken >.< but any ways I've been looking around for a new piston, piston head and cylinder, but I have noticed that some pistons have teeth all the way up the body of the piston, while some are only half way along the body, and some have no teeth. What are the differences between these other than the teeth? Does it matter what kind of coating or material the cylinders are made of? Do the different parts I have listed have to be the same make or manufacture? Does a sorbo pad on top of the piston head add any extra length I need to be carefull with? Why is it, with some piston heads, there are bearings, while with others, there aren't? What are some good names for these parts?
If you can answer any or all of my questions I will be extremely greatful. thanks!</div>
Less teeth = higher ROF, lower FPS. Cylinder doesn't really matter. Don't have to be the same manufacturer. (Except same hopup and air nozzle are good to have). Not familiar with the sorbo pads. What's it do, silence is my guess? Bearings in the piston head, supposedly it helps make the spring move better? I have no clue, but supposedly some people like it without bearings and say its better.

This is for a v2 list that I compiled the best parts, I'm not sure if this is the most updated one but here you go.

Systema Shell
Guarder spring
Guarder spring guide
G&P Polyacetal Piston
Prometheus or any gears
Area 1000 Piston head
Guarder Cylinder
Guarder Tappet Plate
Guarder Air Nozzle

You can pretty much do any gears, as long as they're metal. Just make sure the parts are v3 compatible.

Im glad to see this thread back up, i couldnt find it. Since last time I've bought a new gas blow back Glock. Its funny because the safety just says SAFTY and it says READ MENU BEFORE USE on the side of the grip hehehe

Gawd I need to find a good tech to fix my botched attempt to upgrade my TM M14 to the max FPS allowed at my field... Haven't played in months, I miss the sport (in my mind I consider it a sport) so much.

Most recent pics I have, basically old pics. I have since upgraded my Eye Pro to ESS Profiles.

sealgear008.jpg

199103373-M.jpg

A1200: Lol? What brand is it? And where did you get it? People aren't supposed to sell glocks anymore :p

Sniper: Although it's not a PM, do you think you can order one of these? http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_...roducts_id=1483

Boxocrayons: Put a pdi 150 (or 170, I forget at the top of my head, it's the equivelant of the m120 [the m120 will put more stress on the gearbox than the pdi[) Also, not sure how good the hopup is on your guns, but you can always get a new hopup/ hopup bucking/etc.

Omega: Got anymore pics/details on your m9, I'm digging the tan/black two tone ness. And sadly I don't know anyone in Cali that can upgrade it so that ones up to you for searching the internets.

Next game I go to, I'll try and get a picture of me in my gear at least before the game. I don't think I've posted one and what not.

ACDCrockr209 said:
I have two guns.

A shotgun and an M14 I think.

I will try to get some pics soon.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)
What brands are they? and yes, do post some pictures.

Spartan117x said:
A1200: Lol? What brand is it? And where did you get it? People aren't supposed to sell glocks anymore :p

I didnt know they werent supposed to sell them hehe, its an HFC but it performs really good and I got it for 31

I have an Echo 1 m249 SAW Mk. II that i love to death. And a classic army AUG A2, and d-boys m4.

Links i tried to post didn't work, so ill try to get them up later. Sorry

lolz i got my Crosman Pulse R72 and i was happy with it for a while. Then it broke. The grip has the motor in it and the bottom broke off, so the motor slips out when you use it. You get a terrible grinding noise and thats it. But I was able to temporarily fix it (Duct Tape to the rescue (y) ) by taping the bottom up. Yeah, it sucks pretty badly.
I also have a UTG shotgun I got for like 30 bucks that hasn't broken yet.
I wish i could get a Classic Army or a TM...(but I'm broke)

Wow I just noticed an airsoft thread on here. That sure raised a few ??? in my head

I've been in the scene for 10 years now and have been airsmithing for the past 5 years.

I haven't played in a long time and now mostly do custom work and upgrades for people.

IF anyone needs any help with upgrade installations and tune ups please feel free to shoot me a PM. If its a simple job I can walk you through it. If not you can send it to me.

It has also been a trend that almost ALL NEW PLAYERS [newbs] enter the sport with cheapo guns now. This includes all clones of clones and cybergun crap. What this means that often times NAME BRAND parts won't properly fit on the gun and materials used are varying in mm so modifications are required for the most part.

Box o crayons; 200 feet is an quite an exaggeration (accuracy wise). Increasing the fps won't give you more range. It just gives it more oomf. At 200 feet you have alot of factors to worry about such as wind/foliage and other misc $#!T in the way. Your G&G should be shooting around 350 with .2's after its been broken in; what you need now is a tightbore and a hop bucking to go with it. Leave your gearbox alone since theres nothing to toy with. What you might want to consider is converting your gun or getting a whole new platform instead. 200 feet can be met with what I mentioned but you won't hit what ever you're aiming at.

Omega: What'd you do to the m14? Shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do for you

As for Lizander's case. You might want to provide us with exact make of your gun. The list Spartan117x provided is moot. Ak's are v3 gearboxes and most china clones already run reinforced parts. Its going to be a big waste of money for upgrading whats upgraded already.

What are the differences between these other than the teeth? Differences are strictly in materials and design ONLY. Highspeed pistons are generally lighter and less durable whereas power pistons are heavier and more durable.

Does it matter what kind of coating or material the cylinders are made of? YES! There are bore up cylinders and standard cylinders. It depends on what you want to do with the gun

Do the different parts I have listed have to be the same make or manufacture? Not necessarily. But its good to have a consistent list since some manufactures will be off by a few. It is also extremely important that you upgrade accordingly

Does a sorbo pad on top of the piston head add any extra length I need to be carefull with? Why would you put a sorbo(sp?) pad on a piston head? People generally put it on the Cylinder head to create less drag.

Why is it, with some piston heads, there are bearings, while with others, there aren't? Bearing piston heads are pretty moot from my pov. Piston heads don't rotate or spin under operation. Its just a hype that bearings = FTW!

What are some good names for these parts? Your budget picks the brands

I hope this covers most of it. If theres anything you don't understand please just shoot me a pm. I come on once a week or so and digging through this thread might become an headache for me.

AS for custom work and upgrades; You can dig up my credentials by searching for me on all major airsoft forums.

LOL

I've gone through alot of different guns in my stay and have worked on countless others. I sold most of what I have and plan on selling off some more soon. But my current list is

Kit bash cqb troy m4 aka SYS (Scare You $#!Tless) gun. I made this thing to make as much noise as possible
Old school CA mp5a4 with a good mix of gearbox parts. This thing sounds awesome
TM m3 benelli shorty shotgun with m110(or m100? forgot) spring
TM p90 rail version aka high speed gem. This gun winds so fast that my semi turned to bursts

Western Arms kit bash FM 1911 with 14 magazines (I love single stackers :lol:)
Maruzen p99 full kit NBB aka Cat Fart

I could have pictures up shortly. But that'll mean finding my camera and then digging my guns our of storage just to snap shots from the garage :lol: . I really meant it when I haven't played in a LONG while (+2 years)

kilo64 said:
LOL

I've gone through alot of different guns in my stay and have worked on countless others. I sold most of what I have and plan on selling off some more soon. But my current list is

Kit bash cqb troy m4 aka SYS (Scare You $#!Tless) gun. I made this thing to make as much noise as possible
Old school CA mp5a4 with a good mix of gearbox parts. This thing sounds awesome
TM m3 benelli shorty shotgun with m110(or m100? forgot) spring
TM p90 rail version aka high speed gem. This gun winds so fast that my semi turned to bursts

Western Arms kit bash FM 1911 with 14 magazines (I love single stackers :lol:)
Maruzen p99 full kit NBB aka Cat Fart

I could have pictures up shortly. But that'll mean finding my camera and then digging my guns our of storage just to snap shots from the garage :lol: . I really meant it when I haven't played in a LONG while (+2 years)
If you plan on selling any of those, shoot me a PM before you let em go. (aka 2-4 on your list)

But sadly I have not airsofted in like 2 years as well. Hopefully once my guns are fixed I'll be able to go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back