Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done quite a lot while the forums were down.

So the foam wasn't as great as I had hoped. The paint is cracking, it bends to easily, etc.

So I am remaking it out of plastic and going to make a mold. It will be laser cut out of clear acrylic, and layered together.

I started cutting out the parts the other day. Here is the main section put together.
102_3648.jpg

I also started on the butt. Here it is put together, and with some bondo to fill in some gaps.
102_3649.jpg

Here it is sanded smooth.
102_3650.jpg

102_3651.jpg

Here is a little teaser of where it is now.
102_3652.jpg

I will get the final touches done today, and then I will move on to the next part.

Thanks for looking.

Thank you guys.

I love it when projects come together this well! :D I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

102_3653_zpsb641f4f2.jpg

102_3655_zps2769e606.jpg

102_3656_zps33df6c47.jpg

102_3657_zps99880352.jpg

The mag still needs some work, but for the most part these parts are done. Now on to the next section.

Hope you enjoyed it.

This looks outstanding buddy. I would be honored to have one of these once done. :D

Ha!! I LOVE the marathon symbol you put into the butt of the gun. You have no idea how envious of you I am that you have access to a laser cutter! I had access to one up until May when I graduated. Luckily, I got all the parts for my BR cut out before then.

Here I was thinking you were crazy saying that the foam rifle wasn't good enough, now I see why it wasn't. This is incredible. I can't wait to see more.

Great work. Im a huge fan of the original assault rifle the one in halo reach didn't appeal to me as much to me. The amount of detail on those gun parts are absolutely amazing can't wait to see it done.

The latest update was the Greatest yet. The amount of detail is just out of this world, and leaves us just wanting more. Awesome work all the way around.:cool

This looks outstanding buddy. I would be honored to have one of these once done. :D
Hopefully in the next week or so I will have a mold ready, and anyone can have one of these bad boys.

Ha!! I LOVE the marathon symbol you put into the butt of the gun. You have no idea how envious of you I am that you have access to a laser cutter! I had access to one up until May when I graduated. Luckily, I got all the parts for my BR cut out before then.

Here I was thinking you were crazy saying that the foam rifle wasn't good enough, now I see why it wasn't. This is incredible. I can't wait to see more.
I love how Bungie put the Marathon symbol everywhere. Yep. Now you see what I was saying about the foam one. lol
Great work. Im a huge fan of the original assault rifle the one in halo reach didn't appeal to me as much to me. The amount of detail on those gun parts are absolutely amazing can't wait to see it done.
I also wasn't a fan of the Halo Reach AR. I love this version.
The latest update was the Greatest yet. The amount of detail is just out of this world, and leaves us just wanting more. Awesome work all the way around.:cool
Thanks, Vern. The detail will only get better from here.

Not a huge update, but I got the shape of the grip started today.

102_3658.jpg

102_3659.jpg

It will look better once I get some primer on it.

I got some work done on the grip today. It may not look like much, but It took forever.
102_3660.jpg

102_3661.jpg

102_3662.jpg

102_3663.jpg

I'll be able to shape the bondo in the morning, and hopefully this part will almost be done.

Thanks for looking.

Looks amazing Justin. All this hard work will definitely be worth it buddy. :D

This looks amazing! Good call rebuilding it in plastic - looks 100 times better already and the original was top notch.

Awesome looking work, but it seems to leave me begging for more.....You did that on purpose, didn't you.;)

All well I'm hooked.:D

Thanks guys. I always enjoy your responses.

This morning I got the grip sanded, and covered it with spot filler. I let it dry most of the day.
102_3664.jpg

While that was drying I cut out the top part, and put it together and shaped it.
102_3665.jpg

102_3666.jpg

Then I sanded and primed the grip.
102_3667.jpg

Then I put it all together, to see how it all looked.
102_3669.jpg

I am pretty pleased with the results.

DUDE!!!! This is so boss! I am loving the amount of detail in this. Way to go man, i am totally following this thread now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back