Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I didn't know you were into weapons now. Damn where have I been.

This looks really cool man, I wonder what your co-workers think of all this. I'm jelly I don't have access to this kind of stuff at work.

Technical question- So for that AR, are you building it with one of thatdecade's ammo counters in mind? The reason I ask, is that if you do a run of these and I manage to get one, I'd be hitting him up soon after lol.

Great work man, I'll be watching and drooling.

Hey I didn't know you were into weapons now. Damn where have I been.

This looks really cool man, I wonder what your co-workers think of all this. I'm jelly I don't have access to this kind of stuff at work.

Technical question- So for that AR, are you building it with one of thatdecade's ammo counters in mind? The reason I ask, is that if you do a run of these and I manage to get one, I'd be hitting him up soon after lol.

Great work man, I'll be watching and drooling.
I actually mostly do weapons and other props. I just have only had the chance to do 1 set of armor since I have been on this forum. As for the coworkers, I don't have any. It's just me in the shop.

I will be doing a run as soon as I can get this gun finished. And it will work with thatdecade's ammo counters. The ammo counter I used in the foam version is one of his kits. I am actually working with him to help perfect the kit to have the extra display features.

I actually mostly do weapons and other props. I just have only had the chance to do 1 set of armor since I have been on this forum. As for the coworkers, I don't have any. It's just me in the shop.

I will be doing a run as soon as I can get this gun finished. And it will work with thatdecade's ammo counters. The ammo counter I used in the foam version is one of his kits. I am actually working with him to help perfect the kit to have the extra display features.

Hell yeah to that! He's a great guy, very helpful and knowledgeable. Glad to see you integrating other members works into your own. I wasn't sure if the foam one had his kit in it or not, I was just skimming and didn't get a chance to read yet (at work).

Are you planning to include them with your copies or leave that to individuals to purchase themselves? If you need any early funders to make make copies send me a PM. I'm interested.

Fantastic work mate! Just want to say how unbelievably lucky you are to have access to a laser cutter and equipment!!! But good tools or not your attention to detail is spotless.

I am having to make do with sandpaper, chisels, dremel and jigsaw :S

I am wanting to get some work done with acrylic or other thermoplastics, just a quick question did you only use layering of acrylic sheets or did you heat and bend some areas, making some of the sections hollow???

I am wanting to get some work done with acrylic or other thermoplastics, just a quick question did you only use layering of acrylic sheets or did you heat and bend some areas, making some of the sections hollow???
It is a mixture of both. the grip and the top ammo conter thing is hollow, but the rest is layered solid acrylic.

It's been a while, but I have an update.

I got the grip pretty much done.
102_3673.jpg

102_3674.jpg

I also made some progress on the ammo counter.
102_3670.jpg

102_3672.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Man this is one of the best MA5 builds I have seen, your doing a great job. Do you plan to make castings of this gun?

I don't suppose there is any way you could share your technique for scribing those panel lines. Those are something I have trouble with and yours are beautiful.

That is one Epic work of art you have going here. The detail amazes me. It's just so... So perfect. :D

Very smooth build! Great job!

That is one Epic work of art you have going here. The detail amazes me. It's just so... So perfect. :D

That is looking real good I love the detail
Thank you all so much!

Man this is one of the best MA5 builds I have seen, your doing a great job. Do you plan to make castings of this gun?
I do plan to mold this bad boy, and sell of some castings. I am hoping to have this gun finished this week, and at least have the silicone ordered by the end of this week.
I don't suppose there is any way you could share your technique for scribing those panel lines. Those are something I have trouble with and yours are beautiful.
I use a lot of different tools for it.
102_3675.jpg

I use the larger files for the basic shaping, and the smaller files for the detail lines. For the very tiny lines I use a hack saw blade. It is thinner than any of the files I have.

I usually mark everything out with tape, and then file along the tape line. When I think it is deep enough I remove the tape, and then you have perfect lines. :D

I use the knives for just about everything, from scraping, to cutting fresh bondo, to scoring a line.

I also use a ridiculous amount of dremel and sanding tools, but I use those for the basic shaping, and not the details.

Hope that makes sense.

I am very pleased to say that this gun is ready for the mold process. :D

102_3678.jpg

102_3680.jpg

102_3681.jpg

102_3682.jpg

102_3683.jpg

I ordered all of the mold materials, and should have it done Next week.
The only parts left to make are the trigger, barrel, and the cocking handle. All of which I can do pretty quickly while the mold cures.

Thanks for looking. Keep an eye out in the classifieds pretty soon...

whats the price tag?

You'll have to request a price from him via private message when this shows up on the classifieds. It's generally looked down on to talk selling outside of there.

Justinian, you can expect a PM from me when this shows up. Outstanding work! I can't wait to see what you do for the rest of the weapons you plan on building!

That looks insane my friend! You've really outdone yourself with this one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back