Using your Xbox360 on your computer screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

Many of us with computers have LCD screens which we just use for well...computers....but then some of us want our game systems to work and play high def on our TV's, dont wanna spend 400-600 dollars on a decent sized LCD tv? Dont have to.

If you have desk space where your PC is, you are in luck.

Theres only 1 thing you need to purchase.

Xbox360 vga cables.

The cables cost 29.99 and will give you high definition from 480p, 720p and 1080i.

2c53793509a0003154ca4110.L.jpg

Place your xbox360 on your computer desk where you will position it and plug in the cables from the 360 to the LCD screen, make sure you have a decent sound system which will accept red and white composite cables or else you will not have sound, if you dont have good speakers, your in luck, the package also comes with a 2RCA to 3.5mm Headphone jack for you to use with whatever you currently have, it converts the red and white cables into 1 jack so you can use it with your current LCD screen with built in speakers, or current speaker system.

6c48225b9da07f6c93b53110.L.jpg

From here you can play your favorite xbox360 games as if you were PC gaming, sit in a comfy office chair, lean back, and play in high definition.

The only disadvantages to this method is you get HD picture, but not HD sound, and the fact your using a PC lcd screen which is always smaller than the fancy big screens you would use for all your entertainment.

But for those who dont mind sitting up close, you can get good high definition without needing to buy a HD TV.

DEMO of what this can do:
xboxintonormalmonitor.JPG

Allright! Thank you for posting this :)

I'm hijacking the 22 inch monitor I bought my fiance' for his birthday with this in mind.

Master Chief says surrender the chair newb!

-Vex

I'm doing this similar with my ps3 but with component cables since the LCD I have does somehow accept component, just no sound, and my PC speakers here arent the best, so I gotta bo out and buy that small little converter for the red and white cables or else I get 720p HD, and no sound.

NOTE: these arent my images, they were taken from a person who bought the cables for themselves. credit goes to amazon.com for hosting the images :p

AoBfrost said:
I'm doing this similar with my ps3 but with component cables since the LCD I have does somehow accept component, just no sound, and my PC speakers here arent the best, so I gotta bo out and buy that small little converter for the red and white cables or else I get 720p HD, and no sound.

NOTE: these arent my images, they were taken from a person who bought the cables for themselves. credit goes to amazon.com for hosting the images :p
What resolution is your monitor?

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
I might do this at some point... Considering my 22" widescreen monitor IS the sex...

But that also means playing 360 at my desk... o_O

I use my ps3 like a PC, sitting up not sideways, and it works fine, also my monitor for 15 inches is 1280x1024

I'm not getting 1080p since my monitor doesn't support any resolution higher than this, but I am getting 720p which looks good too.

Currently im looking at a projector that will throw a 110" screen at 720p. Not bad eh :p

ive been trying to get one of those cables for a long time but everytime i have money, gamestop doesnt have one, but every time i dont have money gamestop has them. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back