ventrue's Mark VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I'm now using a tool to spread it

However, there's a downside: While inhalation is a smaller health risk now, skin contact is more dangerous, so I'm now using a tool to spread it (making it harder to get into some tight spots) and wearing an additional pair of thicker gloves over my thin ones most of the time (which prevent almost all tactile sensation). Comparison pics also below. They look like household-dishwashing-gloves, but they aren't.

hi ventrue with the poxy resin, have you tried to use a brush to get into the crevices :D

Your pep work is amazing, good work.
What kind of glue do U use?

Thanks. It's amazing how much attention that armour suddenly gets, despite the fact that I'm currently working on something else :-D

I use UHU superglue. Shameless clickable advertising below.

th_11092010045.jpg

hi ventrue with the poxy resin, have you tried to use a brush to get into the crevices :D

I'm afraid a brush wouldn't have cut it. It's too bulky to get inside the model to begin with, and the resin I mixed is too viscous to brush on as well. Keep in mind, there are fibres and stuff in there, and the idea is to apply it several millimetres thick, so a spreading tool really is the way to go here.

I'm afraid a brush wouldn't have cut it. It's too bulky to get inside the model to begin with, and the resin I mixed is too viscous to brush on as well. Keep in mind, there are fibres and stuff in there, and the idea is to apply it several millimetres thick, so a spreading tool really is the way to go here.

ahh i now understand.. i thought you had stopped with the fibre's and was just useing expoxy resin without fibres i now know diffrent.. :$ :rolleyes

and by the way looking great...and cant wait to get started on something..

wirklich gute arbeit. die dicke des papiers gefällt mir bislang am besten, aber finde selten schweres drucker papier das mehr als 160g/m² hat. dadurch saugt sich das papier schneller voll und wird somit etwas labrig beim laminieren. keep it up

wirklich gute arbeit. die dicke des papiers gefällt mir bislang am besten, aber finde selten schweres drucker papier das mehr als 160g/m² hat. dadurch saugt sich das papier schneller voll und wird somit etwas labrig beim laminieren. keep it up

Ich hab meins ausm Bastelladen, die verkaufen das als "Zeichenkarton". Ist aber dementsprechend teuer und die Packungen sind sehr klein. Bei eBay gibts das sicher auch billiger.

~

Asking about paper; Mine is intended for drawing.

Have you done the chest yet? I was wondering if you could split the support pieces to fit them on a page or would that not make sense?

Awsome build!! Very clean and smooth, looking forward to finishing product, :D your broken forearm can always be repaired with a little DIY

looking good venture. And your pics are extremely useful for explaining your steps. This will make a great resource as you continue. Keep it up man.

Well, since I seem to have so many followers (don't even know why... there's nothing breathtaking to see here yet, if you ask me :)), here's a microscopically small update.

I'm still working on all this, but very slowly, because I'm short on money and time. Especially time. I can't use my kitchen for anything else while I'm working on armour, because all the plastic, wood, paper and whatnot dust tends to collect on everything, especially everything wet. That includes freshly cleaned dishes and food, and I definitely can't live without food (quite literally). So sadly, anything that makes dust (which is pretty much everything) has to wait more often than not.

Excuse these little black blobs on the pictures below, some dirt got into the camera. Somehow. I hate my phone. Anyway...

Kitchen's a mess. (Note the blue tube, it contains Plasto, the jellyfish and eats primer for breakfast.)

20072011871.jpg

I'm dusty. (No, it's really not grey hair! And I need to stop wearing black while doing this.)

16072011835.jpg

And I like drawing little clouds all over my stuff. (They indicate where sanding and filler are needed. And yeah, my filler is yellow, like my avatar, isn't that awesome? :))

20072011840.jpg

20072011843.jpg

20072011841.jpg

Anyone want the left over Bondo? It would make great scenery for some awesome battle in a 10 cm diorama!

20072011864.jpg

-----

Thanks everyone :)

I know... but I have a feeling that there will be.... Hopefully in the near future. :p

Good choice of words. "Near" is relative, so you're absolutely right! :)
I think I might be finished with the whole thing somewhere between deadline +2 years and deadline +3 years. Deadline was last February.

Awsome build!! Very clean and smooth, looking forward to finishing product, :D your broken forearm can always be repaired with a little DIY

I made a second one that fits better. I still have the first one, but at some point it's going to make its way into the trash can.

looking good venture. And your pics are extremely useful for explaining your steps. This will make a great resource as you continue. Keep it up man.

That was the idea ;-)
Although Halogoddess has the same kind of drawings in her scaling tutorial, so I'll probably drop that part.

on the more succesfull hlmet, are you using a scalpel /exacto to score the card? awesopme work so far ^_^

I don't score at all; I use the big screwdriver of my medium Swiss Knife to indent the folds. Works just as well, but without the risk of accidentally cutting stuff off.

Ventrue, you need to step it up and get some more work done on this! :D Take a break from replying to noob questions and let's see some progress! ;)

Ventrue, you need to step it up and get some more work done on this! :D Take a break from replying to noob questions and let's see some progress! ;)

Yeah, thanks, very inspirational! :p

I'm short on time. Really short. I've barely had time to shower and eat over the last days, and I'm not kidding! :)

Dude I love your build! Its so clean, so crisp, so.... awesome :) Keep up the good work! So how did you fiberglass the helmet? As-in, did you do the top, wait for it to harden completely, then do the back, wait, then the front? Or was it all one straight shot. I'm just trying to get a feel for the best way to do it.

-Poly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back