It certainly has been quite a long time since I've joined the 405th (5 years or so actually) and I have yet to build anything... until now!!!
So with this thread, I'd like to make it official that I am starting my build.
This thread will follow the creation of my armor, but it will also cover many other things; it is my goal to inspire and teach others as you all have inspired and taught me.
So with that, I will be doing my best to cover things as thoroughly as I possibly can.
First and foremost, I have used "Hybrid Build" as a decriptor in the Title of the thread because this build will likely incorporate both Foam and 3D-Printing.
Secondly, listed below are some images of the basics of this build. While what you are seeing are models from Reach, this build should not be considered entirely as such.
I will be taking inspirations from concept photos and artwork of many of the MJOLNIR Mk. V designs that I have seen, and I will be attempting to combine several of them. I may start with Reach components and models, but I have a feeling every piece may end up getting revisited eventually.
Full Body Image: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/WandererTJ/media/Halo/My%20Spartan/Wandererplayermodel1-New.png.html
Player Model 360° View: [video]http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/WandererTJ/Halo/My Spartan/playermodel.mp4[/video]
As I said, I will be doing my best to thoroughly cover every inch of my build, as much as I can, so starting it off is the Table of Contents, which will hopefully help you navigate to the information that you seek!
Table of Contents:
Post 0: Introduction
Post 1: Build Plan
• Current Progress / Current Status
• Plan of Action
• Build Updates & Links to Posts with UpdatesPost 2: Build Specifications
• Details of all Armor Components
• Concepts & DesignsPost 3: Spartan Identity
• Spartan Bio
• Spartan Backstory
• Spartan Profile CardPost 4: Becoming a Spartan-II
• Fitness, Diet, & Life ChangesPost 5: Progress Photos
• Build Progress: Armor Pieces (Summarized)
• Build Progress: Weapons & Props (Summarized)
• Tips and other things I learned while buildingPost 6: Purchases
• Clothing Used
• Tools Used
• Materials & CostsPost 7: Credits
• 3D-Models Used
• Information Resources
• Inspirations & Special ThanksPost 8: Extras
• Convention Photos
• Other Projects