Wanting to build MC armour from halo 4 or 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan853

Team,

I'm new here. I've been wanting to make the jump and make an as accurate as possible halo armour from halo 4 or 5.

I have a few questions. Is it worth 3d printing, doing it in foam or buying the prestige costume and modifying. I have a bit of experience with working with 3d prints as I've built and detailed several pulse rifles from aliens and understand the labour of love that is 3d printing.

I'm wanting to make or buy something that I can use as a display bit can be worn to cons if required.

I would appreciate any references photos people have or templates they may have used for their own builds. Do's and don'ts, any advice would be amazing.

I'm not to sure whether to build or buy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a budget of around 2 to 2 and a half thousand to start with should I decide to either build or buy.

Thank you for your time guys.

Welcome! There's pros and cons to both 3D printing and foam smithing - it really depends on the user's preferences. For example, foam smithing is more "hands on" during the fabrication process, assembling it from scratch, while 3D printing is more technology dependent but still requires a lot of work preparing, assembling and sanding. At the end of it, a foam suit is light and has some tolerance with flex, whereas a 3D printed suit is solid.

What Halo 4/5 armour are you looking for? Chief's Mjolnir Mk VI, or another variation? And for your final query, $2k-2.5k is a reasonable budget for making a suit of armour (depending on what tools you already have) but to commission one would probably cost more than that, from someone who is reputable.

Welcome! There's pros and cons to both 3D printing and foam smithing - it really depends on the user's preferences. For example, foam smithing is more "hands on" during the fabrication process, assembling it from scratch, while 3D printing is more technology dependent but still requires a lot of work preparing, assembling and sanding. At the end of it, a foam suit is light and has some tolerance with flex, whereas a 3D printed suit is solid.

What Halo 4/5 armour are you looking for? Chief's Mjolnir Mk VI, or another variation? And for your final query, $2k-2.5k is a reasonable budget for making a suit of armour (depending on what tools you already have) but to commission one would probably cost more than that, from someone who is reputable.
Yes definitely wanting the MK IV armour. I would prefer to build or assemble my own instead of just buying but as I don't own a 3d printer I'd have to out source that part. I already have a lot of tools in relation to finishing a 3d print from some previous projects. I have never done any work with foam before so that would be a completely new experience.

Yes definitely wanting the MK IV armour. I would prefer to build or assemble my own instead of just buying but as I don't own a 3d printer I'd have to out source that part. I already have a lot of tools in relation to finishing a 3d print from some previous projects. I have never done any work with foam before so that would be a completely new experience.
You can get a refurbished 3d printer for around 120. Half of my Halo 4 Master Chief build was done on a refurbished ender 3. I like the 3d printing route because you can print and forget so life doesn’t get in the way as much.

You can get a refurbished 3d printer for around 120. Half of my Halo 4 Master Chief build was done on a refurbished ender 3. I like the 3d printing route because you can print and forget so life doesn’t get in the way as much.
Doesn't sound like a bad way to go, do you have any images of your setup at all

Doesn't sound like a bad way to go, do you have any images of your setup at all
The printer on the right with the blue spool is the refurbished ender 3 that I got for 125. The one on the left is a Voxelab Aquila that my wife got me for Christmas off Amazon for 189USD I think. The second photo is a shin printed only on the refurbished ender. This is a link to my current build Printed Halo 4 Master Chief armor! printed on both those printers.

Attachments

• 11B774B1-32C6-4CCB-B4A3-A7C42AE6091D.jpeg
    11B774B1-32C6-4CCB-B4A3-A7C42AE6091D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 123
  • A357FA88-5CBC-411E-BE13-A88AA4AFC992.jpeg
    A357FA88-5CBC-411E-BE13-A88AA4AFC992.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back