WAR MACHINE HIGH-DEF Pepakura files TEAM-UP second try

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been answered yet, but are these files based on the movie? If so, are they scaled to Downeyesque proportions?

Hey Zabana, Sharkhead, et al, I just wanted to say what a great job everyone is doing. I am simply in awe of all the talent in this thread.

I hope this isn't an unreasonable request, but I was wondering if you guys would be willing to share the original .obj files you guys used to make the Mk. VI and War Machine .pdo's? I am going to be building my own small-scale 3D printer, so I was hoping to start with the original high-poly models if at all possible. Please let me know if this is feasible, or if there's anything I could do for you guys in exchange. At the very least I'll definitely be posing my progress as I begin the process. Thanks in advance, and please continue being awesome you guys. You're an inspiration.

Hey Zabana, Sharkhead, et al, I just wanted to say what a great job everyone is doing. I am simply in awe of all the talent in this thread.

I hope this isn't an unreasonable request, but I was wondering if you guys would be willing to share the original .obj files you guys used to make the Mk. VI and War Machine .pdo's? I am going to be building my own small-scale 3D printer, so I was hoping to start with the original high-poly models if at all possible. Please let me know if this is feasible, or if there's anything I could do for you guys in exchange. At the very least I'll definitely be posing my progress as I begin the process. Thanks in advance, and please continue being awesome you guys. You're an inspiration.
Problem is we began with very low poly res model and detailed it ourselves :p

ok thanks Zabana :)
another question how i should do if i wanted to make the left hand The models seems to be the right one (fingers are the same but the lower,upper and knuckle parts dont)

Thanks

Problem is we began with very low poly res model and detailed it ourselves :p

Gotcha, thanks for taking the time to respond, zabana, as I'm sure you're very busy these days.

I'm planning on trying out a DIY 3D printer for the more intricate parts, such as the helmet and hands, and using pepakura for the bigger pieces like the chestplate. Does anyone have any experience with this? I imagine there's a way to convert the .pdo files into .obj?

Gotcha, thanks for taking the time to respond, zabana, as I'm sure you're very busy these days.
I imagine there's a way to convert the .pdo files into .obj?

Yep:
go to File
Scroll to export
Then in export menu choose "3d Model/UV Info (*.obj)"

Tip:
Model needs to have been unfolded first to do this.
If the model hasnt been unfolded, just auto unfold and then do the above.

cool vid, yeah i have the older WM but i am holding out for this version...woo hoo almost done...then build...

sorry for the OT here but i was wandering if anyone has some free time or is board or somthing, i have some Red Dwarf files i would like unfolding if anyone is up to it let me know here and i will send the files...i have Kryton's "armor" with head, that just needs unfolding and i also have Rimmer's different light bees with textures... all files are .obj files. i hope you all can help me out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back