Weapon Props for Outpost Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the weapon policy from what I experienced....there was one gentleman manning the table with orange bands. I had two very realistically painted boomco weapons with no orange tips. He just looked them over and placed an orange tag on both of them, and I was on my way. I saw a lot of foam weapons, plastic weapons, all with either this orange tag or an orange cap, of MANY different sizes. I know this could change from venue to venue but from what I understand, they are using the “common sense” method. If it’s inoperable, if it’s not metal, you will be ok.

Attachments

• DAA8F509-6244-47B7-907D-5F7422C2AC90.jpeg
    DAA8F509-6244-47B7-907D-5F7422C2AC90.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 301
Guys I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the weapon policy from what I experienced....there was one gentleman manning the table with orange bands. I had two very realistically painted boomco weapons with no orange tips. He just looked them over and placed an orange tag on both of them, and I was on my way. I saw a lot of foam weapons, plastic weapons, all with either this orange tag or an orange cap, of MANY different sizes. I know this could change from venue to venue but from what I understand, they are using the “common sense” method. If it’s inoperable, if it’s not metal, you will be ok.
That thing is huge!

Once again, It is much better to be safe, than sorry. Even though you managed to get in without orange tips on your weapons in Philly, HOD's own official Prop FAQ states that they have to have them. The official rules are written down by HOD, but they implemented by people who are employees of the various Convention Centers, not HOD. Just because a Security Staff member let you in at Philly, does not mean the Staff at Chicago, Houston, or Anaheim convention centers will behave the same way. It might be a different Security person manning the booth in Philly today who will turn people away without them.

Consider yourself lucky, and Everyone Else, please plan on putting an orange tip on your prop.

Once again, It is much better to be safe, than sorry. Even though you managed to get in without orange tips on your weapons in Philly, HOD's own official Prop FAQ states that they have to have them. The official rules are written down by HOD, but they implemented by people who are employees of the various Convention Centers, not HOD. Just because a Security Staff member let you in at Philly, does not mean the Staff at Chicago, Houston, or Anaheim convention centers will behave the same way. It might be a different Security person manning the booth in Philly today who will turn people away without them.

Consider yourself lucky, and Everyone Else, please plan on putting an orange tip on your prop.
I agree with better to be safe than sorry, I actually grabbed Dunkin’ Donuts orange straws last minute and was going to plug those on the end had they not let me in HA, so listen to Cadet everyone and don’t rely on straws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back