Weta Odst Build! - This Is Now A 3 Day Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mightymints said:
Ive got a plan to link them all together, so when I have it sorted ill let you all know.

its looking super good laying on the floor and im sure WAYYY better rigged up on your person!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats looking like a sweet sweet armour mightymints :D Looking forawrd to see the rest of it.

What are you using for an undersuit?

..... a nomex flight suit is probably the best possible replica of what those ODSTs are wearing. Im buying an used green one and i'll just dye it black.

A good thought indeed. I have an old nomex suit in shreds so I'll see what that does. Google seems to provide some ideas but all are related to whitewashing nomex. I shall ponder this.

Due to the fact I just spent 5 hours working on my 3rd set of shoulder straps due to multiple failures, I figured I would show you how they are coming alone!

So yes, I am taking my time this time, this is 5 hours work last night :

IMGP4179.jpg

Maj. Tretiak said:
..... a nomex flight suit is probably the best possible replica of what those ODSTs are wearing. Im buying an used green one and i'll just dye it black.

Several of us are fairly positive a wetsuit top was used, the fabric appears to be neoprene.

Sweet job on all the strapping so far! Coming along nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, if I have more foam, ill do a couple of runs of the straps to help people out but dont hold your breath yet!

As for the wet suit, hmm. It would have to be quite a baggy one, but you could be on to something with that. Well spotted Ruze, I appreciate that input.

Also, what do you think I should do for a weapon. I was thinking of one of Adams ARs as I love the AR.

EDIT

The first shoulder strap that actually worked!!!!!!!!

IMGP4181.jpg

IMGP4180.jpg

For comparison:

just so you know, the weight of the pads will make the strap compress, so it will look like the weta strap.

odst2.jpg

let me know what you think!

Sweet strap! Looks like it's gonna work just great. Might buy a pair if you decide to do a run. As for a weapon, you could always go SMG if you want to build it, but I've gotta admit, I do loves me some AR.

... this is just jawdroping....will you make a run for these? and for the pads? you would sell them really fast if you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back