Mini Armor
A head
others...

Elegoo Neptune 3
320x320x400mm
Being shipped now

Elegoo Orange Storm Giga
800x800x1000mm
August 2024 ship date (kickstarter backer)

Printer: Anycubic Kobra 2 Max
Bed size: 420 x 420 x 500
What I've printed: The majority of a whole suit of Spartan iii armour (forearms, shoulders, biceps, thighs (all in one), LOADS of shins cause I can't scale though for the life of me xD)

The Kobra 2 max is a fantastic printer in my opinion, it's fantastic bed size, speed and build volume allow you to print large pieces all-in-one. The time saved by printing all-in-one is somewhat offset by having to buy 3kg rolls of filament, when using 1kg rolls, the printer BURNS through them fast. It's rather pointless to have to change the filament rolls so often as opposed to just buying a 3kg roll. The included filament holder can't accomodate a 3kg roll so you'll have to either buy or make your own filament holder.

One recurring error that I've seen is that filament gets clogged in the heating element occasionally, requiring you to have to disassemble the extruder to clean it out, not very hard, I learned how to do it very quickyl. This, however, is offset by the amount of components you can print without issue.

One thing not to discount is the momentium that the printer can build up, this thing MOVES on standard and "sport" speeds. It is imperative to have it on a solid table or even on the floor as it will absolutely shake the hell out of a bad table.

The magnetic print bed is also a very welcome feature, gone are the days of having to scrape at the bed and damaging your print bed with a spatula or screwdriver. This is possibly one of my FAVOURITE features of this printer.

Overall I would definitely recommend this printer if you are looking for a large-bed FDM printer for projects.

Feel free to ask me any questions about operation or maintenance as required!

I have an Elegoo Neptune 3 Plus.
It has a 320 x 320 x 400 mm³ print bed.
I've printed out an EOD helmet, shoulders for my Rakshasa armor that I am building and It is currently printing out a Magnum from halo reach which needs just a few more parts before it is complete.
It's my first printer and I like it. It has allowed me to chase my dream of building props from my favorite video game.

Printer: Anycubic Kobra 2 Max
Bed size: 420 x 420 x 500
What I've printed: The majority of a whole suit of Spartan iii armour (forearms, shoulders, biceps, thighs (all in one), LOADS of shins cause I can't scale though for the life of me xD)

The Kobra 2 max is a fantastic printer in my opinion, it's fantastic bed size, speed and build volume allow you to print large pieces all-in-one. The time saved by printing all-in-one is somewhat offset by having to buy 3kg rolls of filament, when using 1kg rolls, the printer BURNS through them fast. It's rather pointless to have to change the filament rolls so often as opposed to just buying a 3kg roll. The included filament holder can't accomodate a 3kg roll so you'll have to either buy or make your own filament holder.

One recurring error that I've seen is that filament gets clogged in the heating element occasionally, requiring you to have to disassemble the extruder to clean it out, not very hard, I learned how to do it very quickyl. This, however, is offset by the amount of components you can print without issue.

One thing not to discount is the momentium that the printer can build up, this thing MOVES on standard and "sport" speeds. It is imperative to have it on a solid table or even on the floor as it will absolutely shake the hell out of a bad table.

The magnetic print bed is also a very welcome feature, gone are the days of having to scrape at the bed and damaging your print bed with a spatula or screwdriver. This is possibly one of my FAVOURITE features of this printer.

Overall I would definitely recommend this printer if you are looking for a large-bed FDM printer for projects.

Feel free to ask me any questions about operation or maintenance as required!
This I can attest to cause I have one

Printer Name: Elegoo Neptune 3 Max
Bed Size: 420x420x500mm
What I've printed on it:
My MkV (B) helmet, small parts for my TF2 Pyro costume, NVG GoPro mounts, little simple figures, threaded tips for airsoft stuff, and currently working on a needler for my boyfriend

Printer Name: Creality Ender 3 v2
Bed Size: 220x220x250mm
What I've printed on it:
I can't remember much other than a few small test prints, figures, and random parts.

I honestly don't really like the Ender 3 v2 that much and wanna sell it lol- my Neptune has been AMAZING and has a print bed that's more than enough. The Neptune also has incredible print quality, comes with a magnetic print bed, and changing filament is much easier with that than on the Ender. The only thing about the Neptune is that it is HEAVY- the only reason I was able to get it onto the desk that it was on is because I assembled it up there lol

This question always seems to come up a decent bit so I figured "why not just make a thread?"

Post your printer(s) you use for props and costumes and if you like them! This is to help newer people figure out what printer they may want for starting their costuming adventure
  1. Printer Name
  2. Bed size
  3. What you've printed on it
1. ELEGOO Neptune 4 Pro 3D Printer
2. 9 x 9 x 11ish ;-)
3. WoW and Elder Scrolls mainly, plus mini figs and gaymer decor.

I love it and the line of filaments are the best I've come across.

1. ELEGOO Neptune 4 Pro 3D Printer
2. 9 x 9 x 11ish ;-)
3. WoW and Elder Scrolls mainly, plus mini figs and gaymer decor.

I love it and the line of filaments are the best I've come across.
I'm going to be purchasing the same one next month I believe. However I'm gonna get the max pro. As the pro max is
16.53x16.53x18.89 Inch Printing

Ender3 S1 plus
300mmX300mmX300mm
Printed so far
Halo weapons, marine helmet
Stargate props
And other various things
20231222_155117.jpg

CR-10s. 300x300x400. I bought a pair of them for under $500. both refurbished with some updates. I'm new to 3D printing but they both are working well for me. Currently making a Mk IV suit.

I bought a Creality K1 Max (300x300x300). So far I've just been running it to print a neutrona wand for a Q pack (proton pack). But soon enough I'll get the Kelly-087 Hermes armour sliced up and on the queue for printing.

Anyone using the FLSUN V400? I’m getting ready to start on a full Master Chief build and need a new printer. I’ve had a PRUSA i3 Mark 3 s for several years (3800 hrs of build time) and did a full Mando suit plus a bunch of stuff on my Dalek but it won’t cut it for this build even though it’s an amazing printer!
I’ve narrowed it down to the FLSUN or AnyCubic Kobra Max 2. I like the idea of a Delta printer when going at fast speed vs the large bed slingers but I don’t know if 300 x 300 x 410 is ‘big enough to print everything but the chest armor piece as one piece?

Also I’m really partial to the PRUSA slicer but currently their is no profile for the FLSUN. Not sure if there I one for the AnyCubic?

My larger Core XY printer finally came in! (just took quite a while)

View attachment 334320

I was able to finish the assembly last night and can't wait to really get printing on this beast.

Comparison of the build plate from my MK3 vs the XL.
View attachment 334321
I can’t imagine building an entire halo armor suit on the Mark 3! I have that exact printer (3,800 of build time) and i love it … built an entire mando suit with it plus Amban pulse rifle & heavy infantry tri barrel and lots of things for my Dalek but I’m looking for a bigger printer before starting my halo build. I just can’t justify spending $2K on a 3D printer … I guess PRUSA is looking for a different market since i dont think $2K (or $2,500 assembled) is really the hobbits market … I wish they just made the mark 4 with a larger build area & i would have bought it in a heartbeat …

I am currently rocking the Bambu Lab X1 Carbon. It has a build volume of 256x256x256. It has reinvigorated by passion for 3D printing. I initially started off with a Ender 3 V2 but I got sick of the bed leveling, doing the paper trick, and gcode spaghetti that was forming. This printer has been a lifesaver for me, lol

CR-10
Print Volume: 300 x 300 x 400
Modifications: Direct drive conversion, BL Touch, Wham Bam build plate(s), cosmetic changes
Other: I run off Octoprint and installed a camera mount to the front of the bed for Octolapses
Past prints: All printed parts of my ODST, too many props to count, about 1/2 dozen helmets, various tools and storage devices for my crafting areas, misc. items that interest me. This one is my primary workhorse.
Thoughts: Thoroughly enjoy this printer. For the first 3 yrs of owning it I did practically no modifications, but I enjoy tinkering with it now.

Artillery Sidewinder X1 (retired)
Print Volume: 300 x 300 x 400
Modifications: BL Touch, Wham Bam build plate(s), cosmetic changes
Other: I run off Octoprint and installed a camera mount to the front of the bed for Octolapses
Past prints: The second half of anything that doesn't fit (rare) or would take too long to print on just the CR-10 (for my comfort level), various tools, misc. items.
Thoughts: Also a good printer and significantly quieter than the stock CR-10. Liked that it was already direct drive and had a filament runout sensor.

Flashforge Creator Pro (retired)
Print Volume: 227 x 148 x 150
Modifications: Flexible build plate
Other: None
Past prints: Destiny ghost, Raze- Lighter, and Bolt-Caster; misc. parts; anything that would be better w/ an enclosure
Thoughts: It's ok. I wouldn't buy it now, but it was my first printer and has served me well. I like that it has dual extruders, but build volume is a huge limiting factor.

Elegoo Mars 2 Pro - Resin
Print Volume: 192 x 80 x 160
Modifications: Flexible build plate
Other: Take proper safety precautions
Past prints: Tiny details, lenses, miniatures
Thoughts: Latest addition and loving it. I built a small station for safety equipment (gloves, goggles, respirator) and accessories to keep nearby. Also set it up in a very well ventilated area and/or make a fume extractor. Adding a wash and cure station streamlines the post-processing of prints. Still like it; not what I'd buy if buying now though.
I haven't updated this since swapping out 2 older printers with new ones.

I've retired both the Flashforge and Artillery and replaced them with an Ender 5 Plus and Bambu P1S w/ AMS respectively.

Ender 5 Plus
Print Volume: 350 x 350 x 400
Modifications: Garolite build plate, direct drive, cosmetic
Other: Run off Octoprint
Past prints: Various helmet and armor pieces, mostly used for large parts
Thoughts: Definitely like the size of it. It's just that slight bit more than the CR-10 and Artillery gave me. It's definitely a core machine in my setup right now. Good large printer for the price.

P1S
Print Volume: 256 x 256 x 256
Modifications: Cosmetic
Other: purchased w/ AMS
Past prints: Armor parts, display placards, organizational items, many more
Thoughts: This thing is fast and gives me great quality prints. I'd absolutely recommend it to someone who wants a printer that pretty much "just works" with or without the AMS. I later picked up some extra hotend assemblies for all nozzle sizes rather than just the nozzles. The swapping of hotends takes ~5min followed by running a calibration cycle (~12min), and I've yet to have issues afterwards.

Last edited:
Printer Name: Commonly called 'WTF?' but technically called Creality Ender 3 v2
Bed Size: 220x220x250mm
What I've printed on it: not much. A few small projects.

I initially purchased it so I could learn and then eventually print the S7 to complete my weapons wall. I have struggled with it though so I took a break from trying. I'm going to start the learning process again soon. I didn't think the learning curve would be so difficult but I'm sure I'm making it harder than it is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back