What's Your Printer?

Hi,
First time printer so i went for a smaller budget to get me used to it!
  1. Anycubic Kobra
  2. 220 x 220 x 250 mm
  3. Loads of random things from whistles to desktop fountains.
The reson why i wanted to start printing was to make my first MC suit. I have gone for the Halo 5 style helmet from the files on here and the Halo infinate armour that Moesizzlac designed, im going to mix in a few custom foam parts as well as the generic undersuit also from Moe.
Im completly new to printing so learning a lot with PLA and plus but going to move onto TPU when i hit the undersuit.

Next suit will be a Vannek based suit :D

20220901_194015.jpg
20220901_194002.jpg

VonSnake and I have a custom built printer based on a Creality frame and a 300mm x 300mm x 400mm bed from Wave of the Future 3D in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, who builds them in house.

Between the height and a volcano nozzle it can manage some pretty large pieces as we're slowly recreating and upgrading VonSnake's Master Chief suit and building a custom Spartan suit for me based off Halo 5 Cortana's armoured look.

Hi,
First time printer so i went for a smaller budget to get me used to it!
  1. Anycubic Kobra
  2. 220 x 220 x 250 mm
  3. Loads of random things from whistles to desktop fountains.
The reson why i wanted to start printing was to make my first MC suit. I have gone for the Halo 5 style helmet from the files on here and the Halo infinate armour that Moesizzlac designed, im going to mix in a few custom foam parts as well as the generic undersuit also from Moe.
Im completly new to printing so learning a lot with PLA and plus but going to move onto TPU when i hit the undersuit.

Next suit will be a Vannek based suit :D

View attachment 322786View attachment 322787

and i now have a second hand below, learning loads on this one as its not as noob friendly as the Kobra lol,

1. Creality Ender 6
  2. 250 x 250 x 400 mm

Probably going to need to invest in some Elegoo stonks. Currently all my machines are that brand. They just make really nice devices that are affordable. I do have other machines and one really big one that I have access to (through workplace) as far as resin printing goes.

Elegoo:
3x Neptune 3s (auto level )
2x Mars 2 pro
Jupiter "The Beast"

Via workplace:
Photocentric Magma

I started with an Anycubic i3 Mega S. I've recently upgraded to an Elegoo Neptune X (I still have the Mega S but haven't used it since getting the Neptune X). The Neptune X has been overall easier to use, and I'm torn between buying a different, bigger printer, or getting a second Neptune X and having a little print farm going.

The Mega S and Neptune X both have nearly the same X and Y build volume (with a difference of 10mm in the Neptune X's favor), but the Neptune X has a much higher Z volume - 300mm versus 205mm for the Mega S. Overall, the Neptune X has produced better results, is easier to use (gotta love the use of a USB slot versus an SD card, because my PC doesn't have an SD card slot), and gives you more options due to the greater space in the Z axis. Print failures are rare, but can happen - but hey, that's a thing with just about any printer, right? While not flawless, it's a very good "budget" printer (when I got it on Amazon, it was about $315 or so) that produces excellent results.

As of this comment, regarding the Neptune X, I've printed 5/8 pieces of an ODST helmet (albeit a tad bit big); I've printed many, many other failed pieces of said helmet but in different sizes that were too small. On the Mega S, I've printed a lot of pieces, though similar to the ODST helmet, it's been just reprints of the entire breastplate and parts of the back of Colonial Marine torso armor until I found something that stuck.

Creality Ender 3 Pro
200mm x 200mm x 220mm
This was my first printer I bought for testing if I would enjoy 3D printing. Now that I have found a love for it and prop making I stepped up to a larger printer for most things relegating this printer to smaller detail focused work.

Creality CR10 S5
500mm x 500mm x 500mm
This is the main printer I use. I'm currently looking in to upgrading it to dual nozzle extrusion to use for water soluble supports and for prints that require large amounts of filament. Large format prints sound great in theory, but longer print times lead for more time for errors. This also requires you to be smart with your printing, sometimes it saves a lot of filament and time to just split a print in two and join them rather than print it in one go.

ok i have a lot of different printers but still dont know what i should lol. i know enough to be dangerous, but here we go.....
1- Geetech A20 First printer learned how to deal with the headaches of printing from this bad boy -- 200x200x220
2 of the Creality ender 3 200x200x220 i did get the hang off cutting up my models and this one printed great very little problems
5 of the Creality CR10 first models (got second hand) these bad boys have a great bed size of 300x300x400 i have printed armor and helmets for some other members that did not have the big bed. my halo infinite armor
2 of the Anycubic Chiron 400x400x450 they are big beds, i had issues from both right out of the box and now they are running good armor and helmets.
2 of the Geetech A30 bed size 320x320x420 i have used them up to today they stopped with program issues in mist of repairing. mandolorian helmets printed whole on this one no problems

I have no kids at home so yes i have been able to spoil my self. my daughter printed her kia 125 armor on one of my CR10 printers. lighter note she learned about sanding of the weekend it was kicking her butt but then i showed her the dremel for sanding on small parts lol...

Love this question, let’s go:

Ol’ Reliable (Ender 5 Plus)

350x350mm

This ol’ girl printed out most of my Mark VII chest piece, my entire Mark V helmet, and about half of my Mark V (B) suit thus far

Little Monster (Modified Ender 3)

235x235mm

Not much has been printed off this little guy except for the smaller pieces of my Mark V (B) suit

Headache Machine (CR-10)

310x310mm

Half of my Mark VII chest was printed on this machine, and my entire Mark VII helmet. Which is surprising because this thing is annoying to work with these days!

Name: Ender 3 S1 aka Felix. I love Red vs Blue
Bed Size: 220*220*270mm
Felix will be used to make 4 different weapons & a suit of Halo 4 armor
My new printer
Name: Ender 3 S1 Pro aka Locus (again absolutely love Red vs Blue)
Bed Size: 220*220*270mm
Locus has been used to print a blade from a game called League of Legends

Felix has been used for wig stands, a tiny assault rifle, a big assault rifle, a sniper rifle, a magnum, and a handle for the blade as well as coins and rabbits.

Ender 3 Pro
200x200 print bed
And I’m currently printing “The Rookie” armor set from Skookum Props. I put a few upgrades into it including a direct feed extruder so I can print flex filament. The print bed isn’t ideal size but I can’t deny that it gets the job done

Sovol SV03
350mm x 350mm x 400mm
Printed a wide variety of things from statues to weapon props (such as the magnum)

Has a large print bed (Can print a helmet in one go) and has really good print quality. Be sure not to set print speed to high or you may lose adhesion on the glass bed. Very easy to set up and is my first. Highly recommend this to beginners and veterans alike.

1. Printer Name Voxelab Aquila, and 2 Ender 3s
  2. Bed size print volume of 220x220x250

3. What you've printed on it I printed my sons and my costumes, some props, some miniatures, an organizer for my paints, and a holder for my hot glue gun. Also random objects that we all do when we first get a printer

This question always seems to come up a decent bit so I figured "why not just make a thread?"

Post your printer(s) you use for props and costumes and if you like them! This is to help newer people figure out what printer they may want for starting their costuming adventure
  1. Printer Name
  2. Bed size
  3. What you've printed on it
Printer: Creality CR-6 Max
Bed Size: 15"x15"x17"
I have used it to print two full sets of Halo armor and many other pieces.
I love this printer as it is self leveling and I never have to mess with the level.
Generally it prints without issues, though it is a FMD printer so does get the occasional clogged nozzle.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpeg
    Pic 1.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 101
I've got an EPAX E10 5K resin printer with a 221 x 130 x 250 mm build volume. I'm currently using it to print a full scale M6C/SOCOM replica for the Dare armor I eventually would like to make. I will probably have to bite the bullet eventually and invest in an FDM printer if I want to print larger stuff like helmets or armor plates.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back